Become a Patron!

Cascade One and Cascade One Plus Vape Pen Kits - Vaporesso

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at 2 vape pens from Vaporesso the Cascade One and the Cascade One Plus. Both Vape pen kits were sent for the purpose of this review by Gina from Vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-casc...t-vape-pen

In the Boxes

Cascade One Contents:

1 CASCADE ONE - 1800mAh Battery
1 Cascade Mini Sub-Ohm Tank
1 0.3ohm GT CCELL 2 Coil
1 0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil
1 Spare Parts & O-Rings
1 MicroUSB Cable
Instructional Manual

Cascade One Plus Contents:

1 CASCADE PLUS - 300mAh Battery
1 Cascade Baby Sub-Ohm Tank
1.3ohm GT CCELL 2 Coil
1 0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil
1 Spare Parts & O-Rings
1 MicroUSB Cable
Instructional Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The 2 Cascade vape pen kits both come in the same style of packaging and are identical Aesthetically with the only difference being the dimensions. The Cascade One is 22mm in diameter and comes with the Cascade Mini tank, the total height of battery and tank is 121mm, the Cascade one Plus is 24.5mm in diameter and comes with the Cascade Baby tank, the total height being 138mm. As said before the Aesthetics are identical this applies also to the 2 tanks as again the only difference is the dimensions. Both Kits come in the same colour options which are, Silver, Blue, Rainbow, Black, Gold, Purple, i received the rainbow Cascade One and the Blue (which is a rather nice slate Blue), Cascade One Plus. The included tanks have slight texturing to the top and more aggressive texturing to the airflow control ring which is tri cyclops with stopper. The top half of the tank is where we have the glass and the bottom half is smooth stainless steel in the colour of choice, this section has "VAPORESSO" etched on. The juice fill section that holds the glass in place at the top has an outer gold ring, the very bottom of the tank also has a gold ring, these gold rings break up the colour nicely and gives the pen an appealing look. On the front of the battery there is a square fire button towards the top and "CASCADE ONE PLUS" etched on at the bottom on the vertical, ("CASCADE ONE") on the other pen. The back of the battery has the USB port towards the top and again on the vertical "VAPORESSO" etched on towards the bottom, the base has printed safety stamps and a central venting hole. Both pens like other pens are comfortable to hold with the Cascade One being more pocket friendly, the One Plus is much larger. When you have the vape pen kits in front of you the quality stands out, but i would expect nothing less from Vaporesso.

Cascade One Specs:

22mm Diameter
3.5mL Maximum Juice Capacity (2ml TPD Edition)
OMNI Board Mini
Integrated 1800mAh Rechargeable Battery
Direct Voltage Output System
Single Button Operation
LED Light Indicator
Flash Heat Functionality
Smart Atomizer Identification
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
No Load Protection
Over Temperature Protection
Over Time Protection
Low Power Protection
Includes Cascade Mini Sub-Ohm Tank
Isolation Structure Design - Separates Juice & Coil Chamber
Triple Triangular-Shaped Airflow Control
Threaded Top-Fill Design - Safety Lock Mechanism
Sloped Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
Vaporesso GT Coil System
0.3ohm GT CCELL 2 Coil - rated for 35-40W
0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil - rated for 50-90W
Colours: Silver, Blue, Rainbow, Black, Gold, Purple

Cascade One Plus Specs:

24.5mm Diameter
5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
OMNI Board Mini
Integrated 3000mAh Rechargeable Battery
Direct Voltage Output System
Single Button Operation
LED Light Indicator
Flash Heat Functionality
Smart Atomizer Identification
Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
No Load Protection
Over Temperature Protection
Over Time Protection
Low Power Protection
Includes Cascade Baby Sub-Ohm Tank
Isolation Structure Design - Separates Juice & Coil Chamber
Triple Triangular-Shaped Airflow Control
Threaded Top-Fill Design - Safety Lock Mechanism
Sloped Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
Vaporesso GT Coil System
0.3ohm GT CCELL 2 Coil - rated for 35-40W
0.18ohm GT Mesh Coil - ratef for 50-90W
Colours: Black, Silver, Rainbow, Blue, Gold, Purple

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part 2

Cascade Mini and Cascade Baby tank

I reviewed the Cascade tank a while back which had new drop in coils and a drop in hollow casing which you could screw in GT coils (used in the NRG series of tanks) into and use them. These versions of the Cascade only use the GT coils which get screwed straight into the base. The drip tip is a standard 510 fitting so you can use a favourite 510 if you wish and it employs a top-fill system with lock mechanism. On the gold ring underneath the top-cap there is an indicator letting you know where to open the tank for filling, the top section is spring loaded and you need to lift first then the top swivels to one side to reveal a very generous fill slot, when put back in place the top-cap locks. The Cascade Mini holds 3.5ml of e-liquid and the Cascade Baby holds 5ml. The tank uses a cascade method of feeding the coil juice and has a tri airflow. The kit comes with 2 different GT coils the 0.3 ceramic coil which is best at between 35w-40w and a 0.18 mesh coil which is supposed to be best at 65w - 75w. Of course both tanks as well as using with the vape pen batteries can be used independently with other devices.

The Cascade Method

Between the glass section and the bottom section which is the coil area there is a metal plate separating them, this plate has slots around the perimeter so as you use the small amount of liquid around the coil while you vape the liquid cascades down via these slots to replace it. The idea is that the liquid in the top section stays quite cool when vaping at high wattage's keeping the overall temperature of the vape and tank down.

Cascade One/One Plus Battery

The One is an 1800mAh battery and the One Plus an 3000mAh and both have a gold plated, spring loaded 510. They are the standard 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off then just vape. The device is direct output but comes with plenty of safety features which are, short circuit protection, low voltage protection, No load protection, over temperature protection, over vape protection and low power protection. The surround of the fire button clearly lights up when vaping to show the state of your battery, White light for over 70%, Blue light for between 30% and 70% and Red below 30%. The light also comes on when charging and the light goes off when fully charged, the batteries do support pass-through.

Performance

Both devices have no noticeable delay and worked very reliably, the battery life was reasonable with the Cascade One and very good with the One Plus. As well as using the tanks on the vape pen batteries i also tried the Cascade Baby on a couple of other devices with both coils. The 0.3 ceramic coil gave both very good flavour and cloud, when using with a variable wattage device i found it to be best at 40w but the flavour when using on the cascade battery was equally as good. The 0.18 mesh coil took about 20 draws to start getting flavour but when it came was also good and cloud production was silly (put the fog lights on), the cascade batteries are direct output so as the battery runs down the wattage lessons and what i noticed with the mesh coil was the flavour was far better when the battery was fresh i also noticed the coil was not as loud as previous mesh coils i have tried. When trying the mesh coil on a variable wattage device i found out it was best at 90w which explains why the dip in flavour so i don't agree with the rating of this coil. Unfortunately for me despite finding the flavour very good at 90w the vape was way too hot for me but i know some people prefer a very warm vape. With both coils i used the airflow half closed and found it to be very smooth. Both batteries support 2A charging.

Conclusion

Two high quality vape pen kits, some people will prefer the Cascade One with it being a more stealthier device and pocket friendly, while others will prefer the bigger capacity and longer battery life of the One Plus. Both Cascade tanks are very good tanks in their own rights.

High Quality
Cascade Tanks Very Good
Lock Mechanism
Good battery life / Very good with One Plus
Top-fill
Cascade system
GT coils are very good coils
Very good flavour with ceramic coil
Very good flavour with mesh coil when battery fresh or at 90w on variable wattage device
Tri Airflow
Pass through
Battery Indication
2A charging

Dislikes

Wattage drop off towards end of battery life
Mesh coils flavour drops off when battery isn't fresh
Mesh coil, too warm of a vape for me.

I would once again like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying both vape pen kits for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-casc...t-vape-pen

VU Sponsors