Become a Patron!

CAUGHT ON FIRE...

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone else ever caught there cotton on fire by accidently burning it too much...... I did....

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sht.... should i be worried? I was just testing some flavors and I just fired it up and blew on the coil for a second ( idky) then it caught on fire.....
When the build gets too dry. Juice will ignite. Replace the wick, or replace the coil if its premade.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why did you let your wick get so dry?

I have no idea what your experience is , but Im gonna assume you are pretty new at rebuilding ?

Did you by any chance do this in an effort to "dry burn" or clean your coil? Just in case you dont know, cotton can NOT be dry burned.

If this is not what you meant to do, how the heck did you endure vaping it to that point of the wick getting so dry and catching on fire?

If you vape any material to that point of dryness it would hurt most people and can damage your esophagus.

Maybe we need a bit more info...

KingClouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why did you let your wick get so dry?

I have no idea what your experience is , but Im gonna assume you are pretty new at rebuilding ?

Did you by any chance do this in an effort to "dry burn" or clean your coil? Just in case you dont know, cotton can NOT be dry burned.

If this is not what you meant to do, how the heck did you endure vaping it to that point of the wick getting so dry and catching on fire?

If you vape any material to that point of dryness it would hurt most people and can damage your esophagus.

Maybe we need a bit more info...

Yes i am new to this..... Not sure why it caught on fire even when the wicks were fairly wet. But ill be more careful from now on....

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes i am new to this..... Not sure why it caught on fire even when the wicks were fairly wet. But ill be more careful from now on....
Juice is flammable. With just the right amount of oxygen *POOF* Goes up in flames. I will get fire when I'll dry-burn my coils. ;)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had this happen though I'm relatively new to vaping as well. I don't dry burn my coils with wicks in them. Have to be honest, soon as I read "on fire" I had to check it out :p

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@NitroBex Does this frequently, but he likes to vape to the edge. I'm sure he's caught his beard a few times too....:D

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone else ever caught there cotton on fire by accidently burning it too much...... I did....
One thing if your new to this is the way you wick. If you don't have enough wicking material through your coil it can catch on fire. Too much and you can choke the wicking material from wicking properly and get those awful " dry hits". It's something that takes time to get the swing of.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watch this guy right around 29 seconds his shit catches fire.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've hit the fire button on dry cotton while re-wicking before.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check this shit out ! LMFAO !!!! 2:06

LMAO. Professional vapers.

Running a build that runs at 30w up at 260w... ...seems legit. And even then, he's choking. Not to mention he's vaping off wicks that have caught on fire... ...and continues as he burns the fuck out of it a few more times. Oh my god. What the fuck is this guy doing with his stupid lipo-pack OP mod? These are the people who make and sell this stuff? I just can't, man... ...I dunno, maybe it's a great mod. But it feels like I'm being sold a car from an engineer who doesn't know how to drive. This fucking guy... ...he just made the best video about what NOT to do with a high-powered box.

I do agree though. Vaping is great awesome. Vaping exceeds the sky of time. This mod do each and everything for your professional vaping pleasure. THAT is AWESOME.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Everyone does sometimes lol. I did the other day playing around with the TC settings. No big deal, cotton didn't even burn and was still fine to use lol. If you know what you are doing and are confident shouldn't be an issue

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy crap!! Is this yours?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I'm in the process of having the owner build me one, but with a charger and 6s Lipo I'm looking around $500.00 so I'm thinking about it..... Not 100% yet........

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in the process of having the owner build me one, but with a charger and 6s Lipo I'm looking around $500.00 so I'm thinking about it..... Not 100% yet........

Whew that's pricey but can you imagine the power!!! And not to mention the battery life along with the much safer amp ratings depending on the cell!!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whew that's pricey but can you imagine the power!!! And not to mention the battery life along with the much safer amp ratings depending on the cell!!

I know man ..... The other thing for me is size..... I can't lug around a Bbox..... a 1590g + possibly...... So there are several barriers I'm looking at.......

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Couple days ago woke up and groggily reached for my mod. Didn't realize I was holding down the increase wattage button. Took a puff and dry burnt my shit. That was a "great" way to wake up.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple days ago woke up and groggily reached for my mod. Didn't realize I was holding down the increase wattage button. Took a puff and dry burnt my shit. That was a "great" way to wake up.
That's happened in my pocket.......See a nice blonde wink at her and Take the mod out and take a fucking 250 watt devil's throat Fuck Vape........ Yep felt Like a fool....

We learn from our mistakes.......

Last edited:

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's happened in my pocket.......See a nice blonde wink at her and Take the mod out and take a fucking 250 watt devil's throat Fuck Vape........ Yep felt Like a fool....

Thankfully mine wasn't a 250 hit, ugh couldn't think what that would do, flash fire probably.

VU Sponsors