CBD isolate or full spectrum?

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by Jason Smith, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Jason Smith

Jason Smith New Member

Blog Posts:
    CBD isolate or full spectrum, what's the difference?

vapehead101 likes this.
  2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Full spectrum contains terpenes in addition to the isolate and is more effective than isolate by itself

3. Jason Smith

Jason Smith New Member

Blog Posts:
    does it mean full spectrum is better?

4. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    While there exists evidence to support that the presence of other cannabinoids (and not just the terpenes, but other cannabinoids too) can greatly enhance the effectiveness of CBD, the term "full spectrum" or "broad spectrum" is just a generic term that does not guarantee anything about the quality. First off, the quality of a CBD product can only be determined with a certified lab report─to know what's in it. Secondly, there exists no standard answer to what mixture works better; it varies greatly from person to person, and, in addition, as a person reacts to CBD, the ideal choice of CBD product and the usage pattern and/or dosage strength can actually change over time.

That said, it is technically possible for a quality manufacturer to obtain other cannabinoids by using a separate advanced extraction/filtration process and later add them to a high purity CBD isolate, to enrich its effectiveness whilst still also achieving the goal of eliminating/reducing the impurities. In that particular sense, CBD isolates might or might not be superior, i.e., it part depends on what exactly it is you're going to combine them with...

semphi, Ashley vapor and susieqz like this.
  5. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Full spectrum has more ingredients to make it a more complete product, and it also has traces of THC below. 2%, as well as terpenes, and other types of CBD- like CBDg, and CBDn, Etc.

It is called the Entourage effect- all of these ingredients working together to make it work better and stronger.

It has a synergistic effect when these ingredients work together, like 1+1=3.
    **But, it can make you fail a drug test depending on your dose.

CBD isolate only has the regular CBD.

Look at this chart from the company that I use..Endoca. You will see that the CBD by itself in one color that takes up most of the chart, is the only thing you get in isolate- regular plain CBD, while the other types of CBD in other colors are included in full spectrum- as well as terpenes and traces of THC.
    I cannot find it right now, but it is my picture of me, so just click it and blow it up..it is my profile picture, the pie chart showing what is in full spectrum CBD.

susieqz likes this.
  6. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have passed many drug test while on full spectrum. From all i have read one would need to take upwards of 1500mg a day to have enough trace amounts of thc in them to fail.

7. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What you read is not true. My doctor told me that many people have failed their drug tests because of CBD. I personally have failed it 3 times, taking only 22 mg a day, & was punished, even though I told him it was CBD and not THC.

Every CBD company is now putting on their website- if they sell full spectrum, that you should not take it if you are required to drug test.

But here is the thing with the doctor that I failed the drug tests with - They told me I failed it for THC and told me when I first went there that their drug test includes the regular 5 panel drug test including THC.

But, after I failed the test three times, and was punished - I had them call the lab and ask EXACTLY what they were testing for, & they said they were testing for ANY CANNABINOID!!

So even though I told them I was taking CBD.. and that every part of it is a cannabinoid, and it's impossible that it was THC that failed me, they did not care, and I was still punished.

IT IS IMPORTANT IF YOU TAKE CBD, and are required to take any kind of drug test including random, to make sure you find out straight from the lab that does the testing, if they test for any cannabinoid at all, or THC specifically..
    Because the Dr told me THC, and this is a very common/big Doctor's practice/ pain clinic, where you would expect accurate drug testing..and it is not accurate.. and the doctor told me they tested for when I started there- and in fact the lab did tell them they test for any cannabinoid- & all CBD- even just hemp seed oil /hemp oil, is a cannabinoid.

8. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Maybe it's time to step down that daily regimen and get away from those doctors. As someone who has been there you're in a worse road with that than the original issues. Maybe that's why kratom made you sick. It attaches to your opiod receptors the same as what the Dr's have. Too much receptor action. Hope things work out for you but the govts plan for helping is only hurting you further and puts more money in their pockets each week

9. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I would like to step down, but in reality, I have had a very painful condition called endometriosis since I had my first cycle when I was 13, and over the years I was put on stronger and stronger opiates until when the doctor I was seeing got in trouble and quit seeing his pain patients and referred them all out to pain clinics, and the pain clinic would not even see me because my doctor put me on Fentanyl and Soma and oxycodone- all at the same time and had me on very high doses, so I am now weaning down from Methadone so that I can not have the addictive side effects as badly, though the withdrawal from it makes the flu look like a vacation.. But in reality I am still at a high dose, and it will take me at least another year to continue weaning down to where I can get off of that. I actually and cheating on the drug test now, because I am not doing anything illegal but CBD is not allowed because they are too cheap to pay for a test that can tell the difference between THC and any cannabinoid.. So I am not doing anything illegaL, but still get drug tested for the methadone each month and I could be random at any time and one time they even watch me take a drug test, thank goodness they have let it slip that next month they were going to do that so I had come off the CBD for a month and tested clean when they were watching. But it is really unfair that I need CBD for my disabilities and it is a great help and helps me to take much less medications, but they still will not let me take it.. So I must do what I must do until I can get off of the methadone NBA regular person that is not expected to abide by stupid rules. They might as well tell me I cannot use face moisturizer that has lavender oil or something in it, that is not illegal but interferes with their test that is inaccurate.

10. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    What dose do you take.. how many mg, when you pass your drug test -and it is full spectrum cbd?

11. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I know that's a shitty situation with the Dr's. I'm truly sorry you have to go through that.

dez likes this.
  12. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yes, it is a terrible situation and it has greatly impacted and altered my life! I was going to be a police woman but was put on pain medication when I was 17 years old and told to take it four times a day, and over the years with the intense pain and no counseling about addiction, which I thought was just mental and had no idea I would get sick when I quit taking the medications, it changed my life and I did not get to Chase my dream because I could not function without pain medication because of the severe pain, and after the severe pain was gone, the physical addiction was there and I went through 6 weeks of hard withdrawal before giving up and going to get methadone because coming off of only 2 mg of Suboxone, was the worst withdrawal I've ever had, I could not even stand up or walk down to the kitchen to get a drink without feeling like I would pass out. When my parents were gone and I had to go to the kitchen for a drink, coming up the stairs I almost blacked out after many days of not being able to eat / drink some sleep, and had to lay down in the floor and then crawl with my can of dr. Pepper to my bedroom to get back in bed. Both drugs are terrible with long-term withdrawal that is extremely harsh and makes the flu look like a vacation! Anybody who is on long lasting or extended release pain medication, it is much easier to come off of short-term medications like hydrocodone, were you may be sick for a week, and take Imodium for the diarrhea for a couple of weeks afterward, but things that stay in your system a long time like methadone that you only take one time a day because it has a 12-hour half life, those are the worst because they take the longest with withdrawal, and they hit you the hardest when you are in withdrawal. It's much easier to spend 3 days in slight withdrawal coming off of hydrocodone then coming off of fentanyl or Oxycontin or methadone or Suboxone! Let this be something everyone can learn from my mistake, because I would hate for anybody that I could warn about this, to not pay attention and fall into this trap that is damn near impossible to get out of once you get a high tolerance and your body is addicted.

13. Ashley vapor

Ashley vapor Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I vape Cannapresso CBD, they uses CBD isolate, but my anxiety seems exactly relieved after vaping it, so it works for me and I don't worry about any drug test.

dez likes this.
  14. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    People who are still worried about failing such tests, i.e. due to not getting what they need from using CBD isolates, should seriously consider the healthy benefits of something relatively new called BCP.
    https://www.wildhemp.com/blogs/news/what-s-with-all-the-hype-around-copaiba

dez and susieqz like this.
  15. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Isolate never works for me, and I have tried for other Full Spectrum Brands that should work just like mine, but my company adds extra terpenes and I don't know if that is why it works or not, but isolates usually do not work for me. I will check out this link. Thank you!

16. susieqz

susieqz Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    what company is that, dez?

17. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Endoca. . And if you are disabled or have children that are disabled and are having problems paying for the CBD, they have a program that you can ask about and see if they will give you a six-month 50% discount. I am disabled and that is the only way I can pay for my CBD right now. In fact, it has helped me so much that they are using my story soon. With a nickname of course.

18. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    thanks.
    i'll check them if they have extra terpenes.

19. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Someone else in the industry from another company told me that, so you can check with them before you purchase and ask and they have their lab results posted as well for every batch so if you do order you can look at the batch number on the bottom of your box and click the link on their website and see your exact batch.

susieqz likes this.
  20. Noriel2000

Noriel2000 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'd go with full spectrum because of terpeneeees

21. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Like I previously tried to explain, going for full spectrum isn't necessarily always going to be a better choice when compared to the type of broad spectrum that is obtained by combining a high dosage, high purity CBD isolate with other cannabinoids and terpenes obtained via a separate, technologically advanced, high quality extraction/filtration process. Quality manufacturers of broad spectrum CBD products these days are technically capable to get cleaner end results (i.e. end products containing less impurities some of which either are known to be toxicants or are suspected to be toxicants, and containing less impurities that are causing a variety of undesired side effects in humans), and, these are fact-based claims based on rigid scientific lab analysis reports as opposed to are based on little more than just a bunch of oooohs and aaaahs.

Noriel2000 likes this.
  22. CBDVaper92

CBDVaper92 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Full spectrum CBD is extracted from stalks and stems of the hemp plant. It is a much darker oil and includes terpenes.
    Isolate on the other hand is clear in colour and is 99% made from pure CBD isolate.

Hope this helps.

23. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    It doesn't. Full spectrum CBD doesn't just include terpenes, but other cannabinoids as well, and also it includes more impurities some of which are known to be harmful so you run the risk of actually causing more/worse health problems than the probems that you intended to cure with CBD. CBD isolate normally comes in the form of a fine, white, powdery substance that is 99% pure CBD. The compound is separated from other cannabinoids found in extracts that can be obtained from the entire hemp plant (i.e. not just the stalks and stems), most commonly by CO2 extraction. Isolate can also be referred to as CBD crystals, as sometimes it comes in a more crystallised form. Either way, Isolate and Crystals are essentially the same thing and can be referred to as both. But it definitely isn't clear in color, at least not if you don't dissolve the powder/crystals into something completely different that might include other cannabinoids as well, thus using the CBD isolate for an ingredient in order to create what's known as broad spectrum CBD, but that still isn't necessarily always clear in color because, for example, the one from the brand called Wild Hemp is very obviously not clear in color.

24. pescadore

pescadore Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I make my own vape juice and use CBD isolate. It has helped me with pain management and relaxation. I do have to be careful and not too much though because I get the couch potato effect.

25. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    i'm hoping that the couch potato effect lessens over time....