Become a Patron!

CCI Hive Tank Leaking!

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the 30mm and new 25mm and they tend to leak.
Not pour in pour out leak but nuisance leaking especially when filling, etc.
Tried different wicking, I don't like to pack it tight because it tends to fall behind on longer sequential pulls.

Anyone else have this tank?

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
What VG/PG are you vaping?

More PG = thinner juice ... No comparison to that vape of yours, by my Plato will leak if I'm not using high VG.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
O-rings are tight.
Lowest VG is 70/30. Mostly I'm either max VG or 80/20.
Both the 30 and 25mm Hives tend to leak. Mostly when filled. The larger has no way to completely block off bottom airflow when filling but the 25 does. I'm reluctant to pack wicking in TIGHT because on most RTAs when I do that I wind up with distressed flavor aka on the verge of dry hits when hitting it hard/frequently. Or dare I say chaining. ;)

It's a good tank, I like how it looks and flavor is good. I need to experiment more perhaps.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the 30mm and new 25mm and they tend to leak.
Not pour in pour out leak but nuisance leaking especially when filling, etc.
Tried different wicking, I don't like to pack it tight because it tends to fall behind on longer sequential pulls.

Anyone else have this tank?
Maybe @MannyScoot can help you but I don't think he's too fond of these tanks.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 28mm Hive leaked bad ....... sold it
But Look Here:

After observing his style it worked, but realized don't have the patience and too many tanks to deal with such a pain in the ass tank ...... The air flow hole is too low into the juice bed in this tank also after after a while the negative post became loose and it's held together by a screw from below........ In order to adjust you have to pop the bottom plate out by pushing through the juice hole with needle nose pliers or a screwdriver...... The bottom plate on many new mods screws off at the bottom and you remove the deck from below the tank.........

In the Hive the bottom plate is press fitted....... That means that it's difficult for the tank to maintained a balance pressure...... I think this was the culprit for all the leaking....... I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this tank is horrible for the $65.00 bucks I spent on it ........

VU Sponsors