Become a Patron!

CDC DROPS its warning against vaping nicotine for adults

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CDC DROPS its warning against vaping nicotine for adults as officials say it's blackmarket THC e-cigarettes that are 'driving' the outbreak of almost 3,000 lung illnesses
  • The CDC said Thursday that 60 people have died in 27 states and the District of Columbia from vaping-related illnesses
  • Among victims, 82% reported using THC e-cigarettes, many of which contained vitamin E acetate
  • The CDC on Friday distinguished between the youth vaping epidemic and the adult epidemic of lung illnesses
  • It backed off of its warning for adult current and former smokers to stop vaping nicotine, but said vaping may still cause a small subset of illnesses
  • Officials continue to advise youth to avoid all e-cigs and for adults to avoid vaping THC.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...s-warning-against-vaping-nicotine-adults.html

Last edited:

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup too late, the craze has died down and the news won't mention it if they cannot sensationalize it into click bate..

Not like the FDA evens care about the vaping industry's reputation. We are just another public-health problem to be squashed in their eyes...

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i don't think so. people recover from broken backs, vaping got a broken back. the brake happens real fast. the recovery takes a long time.

the FDA doesn't give a rats ass about vaping one way or the other. they ONLY want to profit from it. they will say/do whatever it takes to get more funding so they can give themselves raises and perks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You know, we've been calling it vaping for a long time. Juul came along, people were calling that Juuling (wtf ever) and with the THC carts, they're calling that vaping, which is killing our definition. I really wish they'd call it something else, because most articles don't mention the carts and vitamin E til way down in the fine print. It's fucking annoying, and I'm still catching grief from people.

One chick at work that vapes even said, "holding in it too long is what is killing people". AYFKM????

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
And there are vids of Trump on the red carpet discussing bans. Plus vids of people destroying “e cigs”!!

Does anyone call it an e-cigarette? Aside from ECF, that is. :teehee:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's quite bizarre the attack on vaping really. We by law need to have a Dr's prescription to legally buy nic from overseas suppliers. I went from Dr to Dr and got "oh, vaping is very dangerous and it is illegal to buy nicotine. No I will not give you a prescription." Even when I showed them the actual info from the Australian Govt website, showed them the website, they told me it was "Fake" that I was trying to trick them and what I was showing them was made up. I finally found a Dr that understood and knew it was legal and readily gave me the Prescription. We even had a laugh over the recipes I make to vape. So much ignorance and misinformation is spread that many people who would switch, dont, and keep smoking.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that had the THC vaping deaths not happened it would have changed little. It perhaps accelerated state actions though.
The public was already programmed and the Deeming regs deadline already set.

And one thing that has spoiled us on finding the cause of a pandemic or somech event is the all done in an hour TV shows on the subject... Sure I can get all that data for you in 5 minutes....
That is NOT the reality of the Medical system.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's quite bizarre the attack on vaping really. We by law need to have a Dr's prescription to legally buy nic from overseas suppliers. I went from Dr to Dr and got "oh, vaping is very dangerous and it is illegal to buy nicotine. No I will not give you a prescription." Even when I showed them the actual info from the Australian Govt website, showed them the website, they told me it was "Fake" that I was trying to trick them and what I was showing them was made up. I finally found a Dr that understood and knew it was legal and readily gave me the Prescription. We even had a laugh over the recipes I make to vape. So much ignorance and misinformation is spread that many people who would switch, dont, and keep smoking.

Dogman has posts about buying nic and tobacco on the QT. And coppers were buying, too. It’s crazy that Public Health England is one of the only voices standing behind vaping, and they’re being ignore for the most part.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You know, we've been calling it vaping for a long time. Juul came along, people were calling that Juuling (wtf ever) and with the THC carts, they're calling that vaping, which is killing our definition. I really wish they'd call it something else, because most articles don't mention the carts and vitamin E til way down in the fine print. It's fucking annoying, and I'm still catching grief from people.

One chick at work that vapes even said, "holding in it too long is what is killing people". AYFKM????

Make sure to exhale in a timely manner, Huck! :giggle:

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i don't think so. people recover from broken backs, vaping got a broken back. the brake happens real fast. the recovery takes a long time.

I really hope you're right. But I doubt a broken back can heal before May 12th...

We just fought THC-cart battle and now we have another huge problem in less than 6 months....like I said before, I hope you're right...

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I really hope you're right. But I doubt a broken back can heal before May 12th...

We just fought THC-cart battle and now we have another huge problem in less than 6 months....like I said before, I hope you're right...

once they figure out they can make a bunch of money off it. follow the greed.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The only thing we have going for us is the extreme inefficiency of the federal guberment....

efficiency isn't profitable, in the government. the longer shit is dragged out, the more they take, i mean make, i mean take.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep you do not want fungus lungus.
is that like fetus deletus :D i do agree with you i think little would have changed even if the cdc properly said it was THC.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I said from the first when he spoke of a flavor ban and such that he was putting his foot in it.
Politically he would have been much better off to have said/done nothing and let the FDA do their thing and blame it all on Obama and the dems.

Deeming would’ve just swept on in, and he could have claimed ignorance. And put the blame on Obama.

Now that he has stepped up, I’m hoping he can do something positive. But not really expecting anything.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deeming would’ve just swept on in, and he could have claimed ignorance. And put the blame on Obama.

Now that he has stepped up, I’m hoping he can do something positive. But not really expecting anything.
yeah but when he first stepped up it was for a full flavor ban. he noticed we vape we vote and then tuned it down a bit.

I really expect him to do nothing else on vapes behalf.
But would enjoy being pleasantly surprised.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I call them electronic vitamins. E-vitamins causing Vitamin E lung linked to living in America.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors