Become a Patron!

CE4 blinking 15 times.

I have an eGo CE4 and I bought it 2 days ago, i worked fine until now. I was casually vaping and I was cut off by 15 blinks whenever i pressed the button. I managed to fix it for a short time by plugging it into the charger, but a minute later, it’s dead again. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you left it to charge completely?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Takes quite a while to fully charge and will not work well while charging typically. Especially if the battery is low.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of two things - either your atomizer isn't making a good connection to the battery, or the battery is toast. The eGo battery is pretty much disposable, none of them last very long, and I'm thinking this one might have had problems from the start.

Alright, i’ll try cleaning off the connections and try to fix it. I also noticed some black liquid on the contacts earlier. Strange

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I didn't even know that they were still selling those kits!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, i’ll try cleaning off the connections and try to fix it. I also noticed some black liquid on the contacts earlier. Strange
Sounds like the tank may be leaking. Those are cheap to replace, I think I'd do that before the liquid made it's way into the battery.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sounds like the tank may be leaking. Those are cheap to replace, I think I'd do that before the liquid made it's way into the battery.

Except for the batteries, IMHO, Anything that has CE in front of it, well, just plain SUCKS!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't say a whole lot bad about them, they did get me off the smokes. I used them for about 6 months before I got my first "big girl" mod.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, loads are on ebay :)

I went in a local vape shop today. wow first time in 3 years!
Anyway they still sell the CE4's and Evods, etc there.
I just tossed 10 or so brand new never used Evods a while back..

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These eGo batteries have a couple of failure modes that can most times be overcome.

1) Clean off the liquid using something like a Q-tip or a paper towel soaked in alcohol. First aid isolpropyl alcohol works well as does Vodka. If you have none of these, try it dry. Try to get the threads clean so they make good electrical contact again. If you do it wet, let it all air dry for 5 minutes before proceeding.

2) What tends to happen is the center pin of the battery gets depressed too far if an atty or charger is screwed on too tight and does not come out again by itself. The battery is probably fine, just that center pin needs pulling up. It looks a little like a small button head, you should be able to get a pin or micro screwdriver under it slightly and pull it up gently, working slowly and gently around the head. This should bring it closer to the charger center pin allowing the battery to charge and the atty to fire properly again. Here's a video of how it's done. Go to about 4:30 in the video for the good part :). Try charging the battery next. The charger light will be red while charging and will turn green when it's full.

If the battery pin turns out to have been pushed in too far, go easier when you screw on the atty and the charger. You only have to screw them on until they make battery contact.

Good luck with it!

VU Sponsors