VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
R.I.P. Hershel :(
http://www.tmz.com/2018/10/06/walking-dead-actor-scott-wilson-hershel-dead-at-76/

1005-scott-wilson-tmz-3.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, he was pickled

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sure as heck would not want my body discovered by Ron Jeremy.
I find it interesting that he is/was the church backed candidate...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I sure as heck would not want my body discovered by Ron Jeremy.
I find it interesting that he is/was the church backed candidate...
I’m more curious on who takes over his pimping power

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So is the moron that came up with (Turducken)

No, if I’m not mistaken a guy named Junior Hebert invented it. Chef Paul Prudhomme made it famous. Not sure if Hebert is still alive but Chef Paul died in 2015

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
No, if I’m not mistaken a guy named Junior Hebert invented it.
I'm curious what he was thinking and his state of mind when he came up with this. Like he had partaken of a certain combustible substance that shall not be mentioned, and couldn't figure out what he had the munchies for - turkey? Duck?? Chicken??
Fuck it - I'll stick 'em ALL in there!

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm curious what he was thinking and his state of mind when he came up with this. Like he had partaken of a certain combustible substance that shall not be mentioned, and couldn't figure out what he had the munchies for - turkey? Duck?? Chicken??
According to lore, an elderly hunter came into his butcher shop with the 3 birds and asked him to do something with them. So, he stuffed them all with pork dressing and shoved them inside of each other.
How much is true? Who knows, as far as I’m concerned it’s some local legend to justify what is, in my opinion, a disgusting dish.

I can’t stand the stuff. I’ve made it and I’ve had Chef Paul’s. Both times I wondered why anyone would do such a thing.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've never made (or even eaten) one. But I've always figured the outer portions would be way overdone before the inside is.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've never made (or even eaten) one. But I've always figured the outer portions would be way overdone before the inside is.
It’s a slow and low thing. It all cooks prettt evenly, the flavors just don’t co-mingle well. At least in my opinion.

The duck tends to overpower the mild flavor of the other birds. The pork dressing in the turkey or the chicken would be ok; but, once that duck fat gets into everything, it tastes like shit to me.
The duck and dressing would be ok alone as well... it’s the combination that doesn’t work.. at least to me.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It’s a slow and low thing. It all cooks prettt evenly, the flavors just don’t co-mingle well. At least in my opinion.

The duck tends to overpower the mild flavor of the other birds. The pork dressing in the turkey or the chicken would be ok; but, once that duck fat gets into everything, it tastes like shit to me.
The duck and dressing would be ok alone as well... it’s the combination that doesn’t work.. at least to me.

Duck just tastes gamey to me, like liver or spoiled meat. Yuck.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like duck sausage, and if it’s prepared well, duck breast and liver.

But, it’s definitely a bird that has to be prepared the right way.

I suppose that's true of a lot of foods; my husband always hated broccoli... because he'd always had it way overcooked, when it gets that strong "greens"/cabbagy kind of stink... boiled till it's JUST tender, with garlic butter, it's delicious! And now he thinks so too, since he finally had it the way I cook it. :D

I had a few bites of duck in a chinese restaurant. My ex-husband loved it, but I thought it was awful.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only time I had duck, I thought I was eating pot roast, til I was told otherwise. I liked it. At least the way my ex MIL ( god bless her soul) cooked it.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Years ago, I used to work in the galley on a gambling boat in the Gulf Of Mexico. Every 3 or 4 months these Vietnamese people would charter the entire boat (400 passenger capacity) for themselves, and they would supply 80% of their own food. They ALWAYS brought "crispy duck" with them. I would eat that stuff like it was candy! It was soooooo good!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, if I’m not mistaken a guy named Junior Hebert invented it. Chef Paul Prudhomme made it famous. Not sure if Hebert is still alive but Chef Paul died in 2015
I know who invented it and I still think (Turducken) is a stupid thing.The birds all should be cooked at different temps and you should never ever stuff a bird.

stuffing-is-evil-stuffing-adds-mass-so-it-slows-the-cooking-thats-evil-because-the-longer-the-bird-quote-1.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Duck just tastes gamey to me, like liver or spoiled meat. Yuck.

Andria
Depends on the critter in question.
Duck Liver = Super Awesome
Chicken Liver = Awesome
Pork Liver = Good if cooked right
Beef Liver = Fuck off...that's nasty
Goat Liver = Instant projectile vomiting

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suppose that's true of a lot of foods; my husband always hated broccoli... because he'd always had it way overcooked, when it gets that strong "greens"/cabbagy kind of stink... boiled till it's JUST tender, with garlic butter, it's delicious! And now he thinks so too, since he finally had it the way I cook it. :D

I had a few bites of duck in a chinese restaurant. My ex-husband loved it, but I thought it was awful.

Andria
I like to blanch broccoli before using it in anything.Unless I'm just cooking it by itself.Then a 3-peat of blanching is all you need.
Blanch & cool.Blanch + cool.Blanch & serve.Salt and Pepper to taste at the table.
Oh and in my opinion Broccoli & Shichimi Togarashi are best friends forever...OMG Yum!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Years ago, I used to work in the galley on a gambling boat in the Gulf Of Mexico. Every 3 or 4 months these Vietnamese people would charter the entire boat (400 passenger capacity) for themselves, and they would supply 80% of their own food. They ALWAYS brought "crispy duck" with them. I would eat that stuff like it was candy! It was soooooo good!
There used to be this really great Teriyaki place here in the city in of all places the (TL district) every Friday they'd make Crispy Teriyaki Duck.It sold out fast.The place opened at 11:30 am and by Noon it would be gone.Over 100 lbs of duck just devoured in half a damn hour.

VU Sponsors