Become a Patron!

Celebrity Deathwatch

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Early reports are saying that he hanged himself.

BAM crew

That FoxNews article said he was found on the bathroom floor in his hotel room.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had no idea who Chris Cornell was until the headline news article about him hanging himself...

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The thing I just don't get... is all these rich and famous people who have apparently never heard that depression is an illness for which there is MEDICINE. I was literally on the brink of suicide, when I started taking Effexor... and within a week, the urge to suicide had completely left me. And no matter what "other" "extenuating" circumstances are cited... if someone deliberately offs themselves, THAT'S DEPRESSION, because NO other malady causes the total lack of hope that makes it seem a rational choice.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The thing I just don't get... is all these rich and famous people who have apparently never heard that depression is an illness for which there is MEDICINE. I was literally on the brink of suicide, when I started taking Effexor... and within a week, the urge to suicide had completely left me. And no matter what "other" "extenuating" circumstances are cited... if someone deliberately offs themselves, THAT'S DEPRESSION, because NO other malady causes the total lack of hope that makes it seem a rational choice.

Andria

Next, you'll see people saying "he was rich and successful, what did he have to be depressed about." That shit seriously pisses me off.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Next, you'll see people saying "he was rich and successful, what did he have to be depressed about." That shit seriously pisses me off.

Likewise! As if rich and successful people are somehow immune to biochemical brain dysfunctions!

But I still remain totally perplexed at how they could be so ignorant of the fact that there is MEDICINE for depression. And no, it doesn't "muzzle" you, "muffle" you, or in any other way "impair" you -- it makes you NORMAL!!!!!!! It gives you back YOURSELF!

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Likewise! As if rich and successful people are somehow immune to biochemical brain dysfunctions!

But I still remain totally perplexed at how they could be so ignorant of the fact that there is MEDICINE for depression. And no, it doesn't "muzzle" you, "muffle" you, or in any other way "impair" you -- it makes you NORMAL!!!!!!! It gives you back YOURSELF!

Andria

There's still such a stigma attached to it. No one wants to admit they have mental health issues, much less someone in the limelight. There's really no shame to it but so many still think there is. It's no different from me having to take fake thyroid hormones because my thyroid is fucked up. I wish more people would understand that. It would be really nice if some of the rich and famous came out of the depression closet and told the world that they're on meds. It would make it much more acceptable to others.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or taking albuterol for asthma... or insulin for diabetes.... SAME FUCKING DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!

And it's weird because hardly a week goes by that some celebrity doesn't come out with the news that they're in "treatment," or "rehab," for substance abuse issues.... which, initially at least, is far more a matter of choice than depression! It's true that by the time I knew I needed help, drinking wasn't really a choice but seemed a necessity, but originally it was because I CHOSE to drink -- I certainly never CHOSE to suffer post-partum depression, PTSD, peri-menopause, or any of the Major Depressive Disorder associated with any of those.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm shocked that Sean Connery didn't go first.

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was on my way to Texas when I heard the news.So very shocked and yeah this 1 hurt bad.
Odd I never would've put money on Eddie Vedder being the last remaining Grunge front man...I apologize if that statement comes off as a troll comment.
Lol, it doesn't.... I totally agree. I wasnt a huge fan of the grunge scene, but I liked Cornell. Was never a fan of nirvana or Pearl Jam though
!!! DAMN !!!
FUCK ME RUNNING

BAM crew

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes you wonder if Randy Quaid is not all that bat shit about his assassin theory now.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was on my way to Texas when I heard the news.So very shocked and yeah this 1 hurt bad.
Odd I never would've put money on Eddie Vedder being the last remaining Grunge front man...I apologize if that statement comes off as a troll comment.

There's still Dave Grohl, and the guy who started Alice in Chains, Jerry Cantrell (the last fact I didn't know until today, when my son commented that Grohl was the last remaining, to which I replied, uh, Eddie Vedder?). And of course, Neil Young who may very well be immortal. :giggle:

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's still Dave Grohl, and the guy who started Alice in Chains, Jerry Cantrell (the last fact I didn't know until today, when my son commented that Grohl was the last remaining, to which I replied, uh, Eddie Vedder?). And of course, Neil Young who may very well be immortal. :giggle:

Andria
Dave wasn't the front man of the grunge band he was in...namely (Nirvana).Jerry retired and hasn't written anything in quite some time.Which is the equivalent of musical death.
Not sure Neil Young is a grunge musician.I know he's used various styles over the years though.So has Carlos Santana and of the 2 I prefer Carlos Santana.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh man,that sucks!
I used to watch the reruns of that show all the time
article-2241106-1647EDFB000005DC-649_634x680.jpg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cripes. :(

Carrie Fisher Autopsy Shows C*caine, H*roin in Her System at Time of Death

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you see the list of drugs in her system?? C*caine, m*rphine, c*deine, **ycodone, **stasy and h*roin. But yeah, apnea did her in. o_O

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Did you see the list of drugs in her system?? EDITED BY MODERATOR But yeah, apnea did her in. o_O

Yeah, apnea... :facepalm: Sleeping with m**phine, c*deine, ***, and **roin in your body is bound to make your body FORGET TO BREATHE. :facepalm:

Andria

VU Sponsors