Become a Patron!

Ceramic tweeters

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This sounds a bit silly, but i finally brought ceramic tweeters and they are the greatest thing ever. You can nearly make any coil perfect will time and patience. Just made some coils and I believe I nearly eliminated all the hot and cold spots by being able to compress the coils perfectly and keep them evenly rounded and circled by pinching from the inside. Game changers really.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i still don't have the ceramic ones, but that does sound nice

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only advantage to ceramic is heat displacement.
Simply blowing on the tweezers after a pinch will do the same thing.
I'm willing to bet that I can get the same results with my basic steel tweezers.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only advantage to ceramic is heat displacement.
Simply blowing on the tweezers after a pinch will do the same thing.
I'm willing to bet that I can get the same results with my basic steel tweezers.
Cant squeeze while heating the coil with metal tweezers...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why would you have to?
With ceramic tweezers you can compress and fiddle with the coil while its hot and not have to let go of the power while fiddling with the coil....the metal becomes very pliable and makes it a easier process unless you over pinch your coils. Steel tweezers you heat up the coils then pinch/press the coils and only have a second or 2 before the coil becomes harder to work with. This is one of the advantages of ceramic tweezers.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're on your shit while wrapping your coil in the first place then there's no need to sit and fiddle with it.
I can wrap a coil in any guage and have perfect touching coils in less than 3 minutes.
Granted,some of the more involved coils might take longer but the principal holds true.
Fwiw,you don't need a red hot coil to be able to manipulate it. A couple quick pulses and a pinch or two are plenty.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you're on your shit while wrapping your coil in the first place then there's no need to sit and fiddle with it.
I can wrap a coil in any guage and have perfect touching coils in less than 3 minutes.
Granted,some of the more involved coils might take longer but the principal holds true.
Fwiw,you don't need a red hot coil to be able to manipulate it. A couple quick pulses and a pinch or two are plenty.
Not everyone has wizardry over coils :rolleyes:

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not everyone has wizardry over coils :rolleyes:
Patience grasshopper.
All it takes is practice,no crutch needed.

Forgive me if I come off like a know it all but it seems to me to be just another item to waste money on when you can get the same results from a .99 pair.
Seriously,you can hit up dollar general and get needle tip,wedge tip and standard tip and walk out having all the tweezers you'll ever need for $3 and some change.

You wouldn't believe how much more pliable a coil is while actually firing vs a split second after.

VU Sponsors