Become a Patron!

Ceramic tweezers

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, quick question, where is the best place to get ceramic tweezers? Can you get them at Walmart, cvs or any other places like that?

Thanks

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I do not understand the need for those. They are relatively expensive compared to just regular tweezers. There is no need to pinch coils during a pulse...adhesion can and does occur during the immediate cool down.....I do it, and build perfect coils.

FuryHax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use needle nose pliers to press my coils.. just saying.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use needle nose pliers to press my coils.. just saying.
Same here, except with my SquapeR due to a lack of room in the channel where the coil sits...then I use needle tipped jewelers forceps.

themetricvaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you must have them I'd go with fasttech or another cheap place.

FuryHax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you mean slowtech? 6 weeks shipping?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lightening vapes are a good price... I got the FT ones and they seem to hold up better. No chipping of the tips like others.

And, having ceramic makes for a faster heat up when torching the coils.. Pliers act like a big heatsink.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
gotta love it...somebody comes on and asks a simple and fairly straight forward question and gets trolled with a half dozen replies that dont answer his question, but call into question his reasoning for wanting such mundain and useless tools...
just because you dont use them, doesnt lessen the desire for the OP to still want them ...
stay the fuck off the thread unless you can give information relating to the post, IMO
avid vapor
sun- vapers
kidney puncher
lightning vapes...are just a few

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
gotta love it...somebody comes on and asks a simple and fairly straight forward question and gets trolled with a half dozen replies that dont answer his question, but call into question his reasoning for wanting such mundain and useless tools...
just because you dont use them, doesnt lessen the desire for the OP to still want them ...
stay the fuck off the thread unless you can give information relating to the post, IMO
avid vapor
sun- vapor
kidney puncher
I did by explaining that it is not necessary to pinch whilst pulsing. I will go the fuck in whatever thread I choose, for whatever fucking reason I choose. As for pointless posts....look at your own. Now Mr White Knight for those that are grown assed adults and can speak for themselves.....DO RESPOND.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
764.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
where is my bloody cape!?!?!?!?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
he didnt ask if they were needed...
he asked for a few places to find them...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
and he was told...prior to my post. Keep going

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Whilst you are at it....by what authority are you to tell me to stay "the fuck" off a thread?

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Franciscan... you're right, they are not necessary. But they are just nice as fuck. I always used needle tip tweezers until I was gifted ceramic tweezers and I would never want to go back. The ability to put the coil in the perfect position while cool and then apply heat just makes it so much nicer than heating the coil then rapidly trying to get the perfect grab with normal tweezers while the coil is still hot is really nice. Not necessary, but bloody nice. I'd never go back to normal tweezers... even though normal tweezers work.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Fair point that! Different strokes....but you made a valid argument without being silly.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a set, I don't even pinch coils together when installed. I torch them when I wind them. I do when building sleeper coils. with that being said, if I get some gifted me a set, I would use them. I don't really see a need for them but like I said if someone gifted them too me, I would use them.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do not understand the need for those. They are relatively expensive compared to just regular tweezers. There is no need to pinch coils during a pulse...adhesion can and does occur during the immediate cool down.....I do it, and build perfect coils.

Same here.. I use regular tweezers and they work just fine.. I don't understand the hype around these things

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The heat sink thing and having to quickly grab after pulsing make me want ceramic tweezers. I'm getting by without them, but I've wished I had some every time I rebuild something. Unnecessary, but desirable for me.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here.. I use regular tweezers and they work just fine.. I don't understand the hype around these things

Regular tweezers are just fine, as you said. But TBH, ceramic tweezers really are better for coil adjustment. The ability to position the tweezers perfectly on the coil and then apply power and hold the coil position until it cools provides absolutely consistent results. It's not a necessity by any means. Good technique with normal tweezers is fine for many. I guess I just like quality tools, like the expensive German steel side cutters and needle nosed micro pliers (and these are very expensive when you compare to Harbor Freight). I'm willing to pay the price for quality tools and find they last forever if I take care of them. Which I do. The only thing I do with my ceramic tweezers is adjust coils, I use them for nothing else and if I ever lost these or broke them I would absolutely buy another pair.

Only you can decide if you are willing to spend for a quality tool, and if it's not something that you enjoy no problem. I just like nice things and find these tweezers superior for coil building. No big deal wither way.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gawd.. this is like 'do I keep wrapping a coil around a toothpick or do I REALLY need the coil jig?' arguments...

Or better yet, 'Do I keep using a rock to pound nails in, or do I REALLY need that hammer?'

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, everyone posted the "Where To Buy" already....

FWIW...

I'm still using the big 'ol SS straight tweezers I got with my OSDIYS DIY kit about two years ago. They do just fine for builds with my $8 butane torch.

Where I see the usefulness for ceramic, is when the coils are already installed and mebbe ya need to touch them up. Or they get wonky after a burn & clean.

Then, I just fire 'em red hot, clamp 'em with the tweezers while still hot, and let them cool that way. They tend to stay put.

I would like to try ceramic ones out sometime, just haven't seen the need yet. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors