Become a Patron!

Chain vaper in need of good battery life mod

Hey,
So I'm relatively new to vaping, about 3 weeks in (going on 5 days w/o a cig). To get started I purchased the Aspire Oddesy kit, comes with the Aspire Pegasus and triton tank. Currently I'm running the Pegasus mod with a Uwell Crown tank (Ni200 coils) in TC between 400-500deg. Anyhow, the issue I am currently having, I tend to chain vape (as I was a chain smoker before switching over). I go thru about 10-15ml a day, my mod is only keeping up for about 3-4 hrs before it needs a charge. I am looking for recommendations on a TC mod that will give me at least a day of battery life, size and cost of the mod doesn't matter to me.
Thanks!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you have lots of choices but first you must switch to mods that take replacable 18650 batteries

yes you will have to get a charger and some batteries which adds to the initial cost.
you can get a pair of batteries for around $10 and a decent charger in the $20 range
i recommend liionwholesale.com for these
grab either 2 or 4 LG he4s, lg hg2s or sony 25r

the nitecore 4 bay charger for about $17 is what I have

now once you do that there are TONS OF mods to use

a 2 battery mod will last you most of 15ml
so something like a
koopor plus, ipv 3li sig 150tc, xcube II, cuboid, or fuchai 200

all of those have the TC you need for NI coils - the cuboid,koopor and xcube can do SS TC

if you fee l a single battery mod is fine you may need to always carry an extra battery and change half way thorugh the day.
in those i would recommend the evic vtc can do SS tc and all that and a bag of chips and is possibly teh most popular single battery mod on teh market

or you can go triple battery and get a rx200

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldnt touch a koopor with a 100 foot pole after this koopor mini I have sitting here. Dont buy a mod that does not update firmware in this day and age. The battery cutoff is higher than most mods(3.4 where most are 3.2) which means less battery life as most batts can discharge by spec sub 3v safely and the TC can be very hit or miss so if you get a miss your pretty much fucked unless your willing to buy added parts and solder together a special cord to get the computer to actually talk to the koopor and thats assuming they even do more updates which there has only been one that was shitty and months ago.

For the money and performance the Wismec RX200(3 18650) or the Cuboid are my picks. The cuboid is basically a 2 battery VTC mini which is regarded very, very well. The Vapor flask Stout which is a 100 watt device that uses a 26650(around 4000 mah battery) is also a very solid choice and the new vapor flask models use Wismec chips in all three ad the Wismec boards(RX200) are also very highly regarded with some putting them up in the DNA200 range quality wise.

Last edited:

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would highly recommend the Reuleaux DNA 200 or RX 200 if you want battery life. With 3 18650's they are the best. I love my Reuleaux DNA 200 but it is kinda heavy. I like the look of the new Cuboid looks very nice and I am thinking about picking one up for my collection. If you have a dual 18650 mod and an extra set of married batteries, it will get you through the day. I chain vape also and the only mod that I can vape all day without a battery change is the Reuleaux.

It's all about the watts one sets and the qualility of the batteies.
30 watts for a 0,2 res the battery life can last for one hour only, no matter what box used.IMHO
si,esatto,io proprio io, esattamente!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yes you will have to get a charger and some batteries which adds to the initial cost.
you can get a pair of batteries for around $10 and a decent charger in the $20 range
i recommend liionwholesale.com for these
grab either 2 or 4 LG he4s, lg hg2s or sony 25r
the nitecore 4 bay charger for about $17 is what I have
now once you do that there are TONS OF mods to use
Definitely a replaceable battery mod the LG HG2's or Samsung 25r's and Liionwholesale is the way to go.
As far as a mod goes a single battery mod will need the batteries changed more often but is easier to carry around but you may need to take an extra battery with you. Dual battery mod will last longer but is bigger and heaver. As far as witch mod to get there almost all good but everyone has there favorites.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30 watts for a 0,2 res the battery life can last for one hour only, no matter what box used.IMHO

I run .35 Clapton coil @65 watts all day on the Reuleaux DNA 200. LG HG2's

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One of these days people will figure out how variable wattage mods work. The resistance of the coil(s) has absolutely nothing to do with the load placed on the batteries. Only the watt setting matters. Watt setting divided by combined battery voltage equals battery current. The higher the watts, the faster the batteries drain. Also, more batteries equals more runtime in a vw mod regardless of series or parallel battery configuration.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I almost forgot Congratulations on quitting. Your lungs will thank you. Your body will thank you but the cig companies will hate you and that's a good thing. I also chain vape and can suck a battery down quite quickly.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I am going to give the Reuleaux RX200 a try, It was also recommended by a co-workers sister (who owns a vape shop) and a few of you suggested it as well.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good choice. While I do not have personal info I have read and watched several reviews that say the brown LG HG2 3000 mahs batteries work stellar in the rx200 and really make a difference in vape time. Im probably going to start using them in all my dual battery mods.

james james

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no one mentioned the ipv d3 my favorite with a hg2 lasts me most of the day, ti coil 0.3

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the Pegasus is an 18650 mod, get some batteries a charger and some boxes/sleeves for carrying charged batteries with you so you can swap them out. Never carry charged 18650 batteries around loose.

VU Sponsors