Become a Patron!

Chain Vaping

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How would you define it? I think I might be a chain vaper, but I only see one guy on a regular basis that also vapes as much as I do. I'm very curious.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What he said ↑↑↑ I go through about 30ml a day. That's why I DIY.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What he said ↑↑↑ I go through about 30ml a day. That's why I DIY.
Same here. I puff away constantly.... except I don't use more than about 10ml a day.... I don't see juice consumption as a determiner of chain vape or not.. as juice qtys vaped is more a function of the wattage and size of the coil than of the frequency one vapes.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the constant puffing, that's chain vaping. I did that at first, anytime the thought of a cigarette even crossed my mind, I'd puff away on the vape. It worked too, I didn't go smoke. But for at least a couple years now, it's really slacked off, and my husband verifies, I don't vape NEARLY as often as I did at first. I probably vape more when I'm here at the forum than all the rest of the day put together, just because I'm thinking about it.

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it's the norm that beginners chain vape. As pointed out, it's not the consumption but the act. I wonder if it kicks in when transitioning from the basic pen vape to mods and tanks.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if it's the norm that beginners chain vape. As pointed out, it's not the consumption but the act. I wonder if it kicks in when transitioning from the basic pen vape to mods and tanks.

I think it kicks in anytime you think about it. :D It's like saying "don't think of a pink elephant".... the only thing you CAN think of is a pink elephant! Or, seriously, anytime the thought of smoking seems a bit too attractive, which as we know, can go on for many years after quitting -- my stepfather hasn't smoked in nearly 30 yrs, and he says he still thinks of it now and then, mainly when he has coffee. But, yes, new vapers are probably far more prone to it than others who've been non-smoking vapers for longer; also, anytime one embarks on reducing nicotine (or WTA, for those few of us who need/needed that). Or, when one is under unusual stress, which might be a trigger for thoughts of smoking.

Andria

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's just habit...... I vape the way i smoked. Except that I can't vape hands free...... so even though I might consider myself a chain vaper... I don't vape as much as I smoked...... I do vape more often. But i vape less when hands are busy. And a vape break is a shorter period of time than a smoke break. But if I'm just sitting in a chair vegging.. I'll be puffing away every time the cloud clears.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Only time I would say someone is vaping too much is if they are getting nic-sick

Or any other kind of physical problem, *FROM* the vaping -- if I vape too much, my asthma gets a lot worse.

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's just habit...... I vape the way i smoked. Except that I can't vape hands free...... so even though I might consider myself a chain vaper... I don't vape as much as I smoked...... I do vape more often. But i vape less when hands are busy. And a vape break is a shorter period of time than a smoke break. But if I'm just sitting in a chair vegging.. I'll be puffing away every time the cloud clears.

You've just described what I'm going through. The most powerful trigger I had was after eating, I had to have a cig immediately. With vaping it no longer exists. I can go quite some time now before I vape. I've also cut down my coffee consumption and switched to tea, which actually tastes better anyway. But I just like vaping a lot. I DIY so I have a ton of juice in 20 flavors so I figure why not vape it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You've just described what I'm going through. The most powerful trigger I had was after eating, I had to have a cig immediately. With vaping it no longer exists. I can go quite some time now before I vape. I've also cut down my coffee consumption and switched to tea, which actually tastes better anyway. But I just like vaping a lot. I DIY so I have a ton of juice in 20 flavors so I figure why not vape it.

I've noticed that too; when I would get done eating, I'd barely manage even to take my plate to the sink, I was so deadset on getting out to the porch to smoke, and I really thought that would be the worst time for me, switching from smoke to vape, but it actually turned out to be the absolute easiest, because after I eat anything, the TH from the vape is MOST intense -- and now, I can go for 15-20 minutes or even longer sometimes, before I think to grab my vape, after eating. I often DO vape right away, just because I don't have to GO anywhere to do it, I can vape right there in the kitchen even if my husband is still eating -- which I could never do with smoke, even before I started taking it outdoors!

It really is wonderful to be FREE of that smelly ball and chain!! I do still have a powerful BEHAVIORAL habit, and I don't know if that will ever leave me... but it's great that it's about 99.999% a mental thing now, and not a case of my body needing a chemical so bad that it punishes me if I don't provide it.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hell, I used to smoke while I was eating lol.

Remember the good ol days, when you could smoke in restaurants? I loved all you can eat buffets; I'd get a plate, finish it, smoke. go back for another plate, finish it, smoke... repeat till you can't roll yourself to the buffet again. :giggle: That was pretty much a description of my entire pregnancy -- because as long as I had some food in my stomach, smoking didn't make me quite so nauseous; I could manage half a cigarette before I'd have to put it out. :giggle:

Andria

decker

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

It wasn't so much after eating for me, I had to go off the property to smoke, and right after eating I just wasn't feeling it. The worst for me was the mornings. I am terrible at mornings, exhausted and fuzzy thinking, it takes me a few hours to feel awake. But every morning, as soon as I got up, bam! Time for a cigarette. I tapered down when I quit, and that morning one was the hardest to quit.

And I totally vape more when I'm reading here, or when I was researching me hardware. Same thing when I smoked, if I thought about it, or someone was talking about it--sudden craving time.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It wasn't so much after eating for me, I had to go off the property to smoke, and right after eating I just wasn't feeling it. The worst for me was the mornings. I am terrible at mornings, exhausted and fuzzy thinking, it takes me a few hours to feel awake. But every morning, as soon as I got up, bam! Time for a cigarette. I tapered down when I quit, and that morning one was the hardest to quit.

And I totally vape more when I'm reading here, or when I was researching me hardware. Same thing when I smoked, if I thought about it, or someone was talking about it--sudden craving time.

Or when that woman with the voice-box in her throat came on TV to tell us not to smoke -- instant cigarette time! :giggle: I'd go smoke from pure spite, from one of those commercials, or any other anti-smoking nazi garbage.

Andria

decker

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That totally just made me giggle it loud (GOL?)

And I totally remember spite smoking!

"You know, you shouldn't smoke bec--"
"I'll be right back"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That totally just made me giggle it loud (GOL?)

And I totally remember spite smoking!

"You know, you shouldn't smoke bec--"
"I'll be right back"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll love this then:

"I smoke 7 thousand packs a fucking day!"

:giggle:
Andria

VU Sponsors