Become a Patron!

Chances are I'll never be a gramma

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My 22 year old son's friend is having some family trouble so she's asked us to babysit her 8 month old for the week. Which meant, originally, me during the day and him after he got off work in the late afternoon and through the night. Only I discovered today that I can't do it because my boxer, Kaylee, is far too possessive of me (and still afraid of children after she was tortured by them in the past) to the point where it would be reckless of me to have them both in the same room.

So they arranged for someone else to watch her during the day and my son would watch her at night. She's normally a good baby but she misses her mom and is in a strange place with virtual strangers (she's only met my son before) so, as a result, she's been pretty fussy. Plus she's teething. My son is getting pretty frazzled and now has arranged for someone else to take her for the duration of the week - starting tonight.

Suffice it to say, it will be a VERY long time before I'm a gramma at this point. In fact, he may never have sex again the rest of his life. :D:D:D:D

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah....My son said that too....

Until one night the mood got right and they ran out.

Did I mention that Grand-babies are the reason we put up with the kids and all of their stupid schtuff and it was all worth it???

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 22 year old son's friend is having some family trouble so she's asked us to babysit her 8 month old for the week. Which meant, originally, me during the day and him after he got off work in the late afternoon and through the night. Only I discovered today that I can't do it because my boxer, Kaylee, is far too possessive of me (and still afraid of children after she was tortured by them in the past) to the point where it would be reckless of me to have them both in the same room.

So they arranged for someone else to watch her during the day and my son would watch her at night. She's normally a good baby but she misses her mom and is in a strange place with virtual strangers (she's only met my son before) so, as a result, she's been pretty fussy. Plus she's teething. My son is getting pretty frazzled and now has arranged for someone else to take her for the duration of the week - starting tonight.

Suffice it to say, it will be a VERY long time before I'm a gramma at this point. In fact, he may never have sex again the rest of his life. :D:D:D:D
rubbish.....the first time a father sees his new born daughter..he is forever head over heels in love.....she could scream her lungs out in his face and it would be music to him....

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
rubbish.....the first time a father sees his new born daughter..he is forever head over heels in love.....she could scream her lungs out in his face and it would be music to him....

Yeah, but HE doesn't know that yet. :D And that's not always the case. Or you wouldn't have cases of shaken babies. :p

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yeah I can't wrap my head around that kind of stuff.

After having a teething baby with colic, I can definitely understand the impulse. I don't condone it and would never do it myself, but I do understand how someone with less impulse control could just want them to shut up for a minute.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After having a teething baby with colic, I can definitely understand the impulse. I don't condone it and would never do it myself, but I do understand how someone with less impulse control could just want them to shut up for a minute.

My son screamed from 1 wk old to 3 wks old, almost without cease, other than a few hours here and there when he was sleeping. I told my husband to take him back to the hospital, because he was broken. :giggle:

Seriously though, it does make a diff when it's your own flesh and blood. I don't really know why; I never craved children, I just got stricken by my biological clock at the age of 27, and voila, a baby. I read everything I could lay hands on about the entire subject, but nothing can really explain how or why it's different when it's your very own... it just is. :)

Once your son experiences the miracle of True Love, sees that belly round and grow mountainous, and sees that whole new person pop out of his playground... everything is different. :)

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My son screamed from 1 wk old to 3 wks old, almost without cease, other than a few hours here and there when he was sleeping. I told my husband to take him back to the hospital, because he was broken. :giggle:

Seriously though, it does make a diff when it's your own flesh and blood. I don't really know why; I never craved children, I just got stricken by my biological clock at the age of 27, and voila, a baby. I read everything I could lay hands on about the entire subject, but nothing can really explain how or why it's different when it's your very own... it just is. :)

Once your son experiences the miracle of True Love, sees that belly round and grow mountainous, and sees that whole new person pop out of his playground... everything is different. :)

Andria

I agree 100%. But I'm in nooo rush to become a gramma. I'd like him to find the right person and settle down first, and by that time, I'll likely be dead. Same with his 30 year old brother. :teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree 100%. But I'm in nooo rush to become a gramma. I'd like him to find the right person and settle down first, and by that time, I'll likely be dead. Same with his 30 year old brother. :teehee:

Well, I can slightly sympathize: my son is gay. :D But I did mention to him once that my only serious disappointment was that it seemed unlikely I'd ever have grandchildren, though gay couples do often have babies nowadays, using surrogates or whatnot, and he surprised me by saying that if he ever felt the need for progeny, he was old-fashiond enough to want to be married to the mother of his children. My jaw hit the floor, but when he first came out, he did say that he thought he was bisexual, though he tended toward gay. But like you... all I really want is for him to be happy, and find someone to love who loves him... what's between their legs is far less important than what's between their ears, and in their heart.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I can slightly sympathize: my son is gay. :D But I did mention to him once that my only serious disappointment was that it seemed unlikely I'd ever have grandchildren, though gay couples do often have babies nowadays, using surrogates or whatnot, and he surprised me by saying that if he ever felt the need for progeny, he was old-fashiond enough to want to be married to the mother of his children. My jaw hit the floor, but when he first came out, he did say that he thought he was bisexual, though he tended toward gay. But like you... all I really want is for him to be happy, and find someone to love who loves him... what's between their legs is far less important than what's between their ears, and in their heart.

Andria

My youngin's only had one serious relationship. It lasted about a year and a half. She was a horrid woman, in her 40s and he was in his late teens. None of us except him could stand her. It was really, really hard not to say something to him about her but we kept our mouths shut and hoped it wouldn't lead to anything, and hoped he was very, very careful about not letting her get knocked up. It ended when she screwed him over. Hopefully, he learned something about what the wrong kind of person is and knows more about what the right kind of person is. I've always told them both that I didn't care whether they were straight or gay or whatever, as long as they were happy and lead a decent, honorable life. The only thing I've ever judged him for is being a My Little Pony fan. :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never considered the opposite side of this situation. It is likely I'll never sire human children. Our mom's know we adopt stray cats, dogs and call them our kids. So far they don't mind being grandmothers of furry kids. Not much can be done even they aren't happy with such.

I'm kind of against my sperm being forcibly removed from me while awake with a medical procedure. They do not nice things, and I figure somebody would get dead over it, so it's not something I consider. And yes, they got reason and all for needing to 'harvest' sperm. Everything works fine but I lack 'strength' for my little swimming buddies.

That means too, I'll not have grand-kids except furry ones. Guess that's alright. Bad enough my fury kids seem to inherit my being a smart ass, being stubborn. Not sure I would be fit to raise human kids. I would have a son, maybe many sons like the little boy stopping the train in Mad Max, or the Feral Kid in Road Warrior. I would also read my human kids the unabridged and original Grimm's Fairy Tales as bed time stories so as they knew monsters existed in our world, and how to deal with them. My kids, human ones at any given, would be insane by age nine. :)

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure I would be fit to raise human kids. I would have a son, maybe many sons like the little boy stopping the train in Mad Max, or the Feral Kid in Road Warrior. I would also read my human kids the unabridged and original Grimm's Fairy Tales as bed time stories so as they knew monsters existed in our world, and how to deal with them. My kids, human ones at any given, would be insane by age nine. :)

We always let our boy watch "monster" movies and such, and began educating him from about the age of 3 that TV shows and movies were all make-believe; that the actors who appeared to get dead, got up right after the director yelled "Cut!" and went to have lunch. :giggle: But because of that... I didn't allow him to see Schindler's List when it first came out, when he was about 13-14; I thought those years a bit too tender to learn the graphic horrible truth about real-life historical monsters. I wanted him to stick to vampires and werewolves and "there can be only one!" till he was at least 18 or so. ;)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We always let our boy watch "monster" movies and such, and began educating him from about the age of 3 that TV shows and movies were all make-believe; that the actors who appeared to get dead, got up right after the director yelled "Cut!" and went to have lunch. :giggle: But because of that... I didn't allow him to see Schindler's List when it first came out, when he was about 13-14; I thought those years a bit too tender to learn the graphic horrible truth about real-life historical monsters. I wanted him to stick to vampires and werewolves and "there can be only one!" till he was at least 18 or so. ;)

Andria

Yep, understand that. Think due to my home situation, my uncle felt comfortable not exactly talking about 'Nam, but we had moments that I knew was about 'Nam and I was only 7/8 yrs old. He taught me about tunnels a bit. Sure I am claustrophobic. Sure tunnels, caverns scare the Hell out of me. Sure I can if it is absolutely needed try setting that fear aside to do what is needed. Could I have done that had my uncle not taught me? No. Why did he teach a little boy basic infantry, tunneling, and dropp me with a guy from 101st airborne? Well ... the 'Nam.

Finally, i was about 13, I finally asked. "How was the war?" He told me any and all war is Hell on Earth. I didn't need to ask anything more. Kind of a been there and done that sense to it, much as I might have appreciated having it any other way. At age 13 too I could have got Arrow of Light but oh no, BSA got rules, you need to be 18 and not 'different'. My uncle pinned a sgt 'hawk' on an old worn jacket for me to wear at my grandma's. "Better than an Arrow any day."

But yeah, the real monsters seem to hide right in plain sight. Seems too not many folk believe what they get told, or will ignore children. Had a sheriff friend tell me once, "ya know if you ever accidentally hurt your step dad ..., well, nobody going be any wiser but what it was accidental, follow?" He also knew me well enough to know I saw that as an 'easy' way out of things, cowardly. Violence the respite of cowardice.

Excuse me, yeah, i got doped mamma. Sorry, I needed to quiet my idling thoughts racing too loud to sleep. Melotonin is all though, and my normal script of effexor, my one extra water pill. Body's feeling wonky, ... 'something' not quite right and no it's not the medicines. it was 'out of sorts' all evening. Not sure what ... hm, "spidey senses" tingling?? i need to rack, niitol. :hug:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was informed years ago that I would likely have granddogs, as my daughter seems to find the concept of pregnancy and childbirth "ludicrous and disgusting".... :teehee:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

My daughter changed my life the minute I seen her. Probably wouldn't be here today without her. Nothing in the world like a daddies girl. If I would have had boys first I probably would have been a lot different. She taught me more about women than I did in 30 years of chasing girls around lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My sons are 32 & 33. Both without serious relationships. Grandma? Don't think so.
The one thing I told them when they were with me for a serious conversation was, "If you forget to use protection it will change your life FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I think that worked. Both handsome, responsible and respectful. And, I see no babies in the near future. I'm okay with that.
Although, a legit wee one before I die would thrill me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was informed years ago that I would likely have granddogs, as my daughter seems to find the concept of pregnancy and childbirth "ludicrous and disgusting".... :teehee:

My wife keeps me cheerful. She at least admits that she would have no maternal instinct for human kids. Seeing her with our four legged kids at times though, I wonder. :) But she is fine with accepting I'll not sire. We're barely able to keep ourselves. We see no point to attempting being responsible for another. I don't mean that in a derogatory manner or to reflect poor on us. We are simply practical, reasonable folks seeing how life is and may be. Human kids just are not for us. Note, I'm not saying never as we may some day ... some day adopt. That would be an exception though. Life has those. :)

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My hubby isn't an offspring man at all. In fact, my sister came over the other night to check on me and brought her oldest male "Grand-nugget, James". Immediately hubby went in to his man cave garage. He was so cute. Came right over to me and said he wanted to give me a big hug...and we did. A bit later, because of the compression socks I have to wear, tickled me through the little hole in each of the stockings. I was so thrilled to be laughing that I asked him what Mommy's favorite color is. "Purple", he said with surety. I looked through my costume jewelry and pulled out a HUGE purple ring. Glass and adjustable size of course for a few bucks. I found a pretty pink ring box with a bow. I placed it in the box and put the box in a silk gem bag. I showed him what I was giving him to give his Mom. James is 4 1/2. His eyes lit up and was so excited he'd have a present for his Mom. My sister was all smiles and nodded at me.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This, except grandbabies. :D

534210_10151790022679432_138701991_n.jpg

VU Sponsors