Become a Patron!

change liquid help

Hey!
Pretty nooby question, but i just got a evod tank and a Kanger protank 3 mini. I wanted to ask if i can just switch the liquid (menthol to some fruity stuff) without changing/cleaning the coil? Will the other taste just go away after a little bit or do i have to clean the coil too? The tank seems obvious but I´m not very experienced :D

PS: also will the coil take damage if i fire it without liquid in?

Thanks guys!

Heather

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not an expert so probably not suppose to post here. Mods please let me know.
If the flavors go well together (like a minty fruit) I just fill the tank with the new liquid. Sometimes I mix them together when I am in a menthol mood. It won't hurt your coil at all juice is juice. Sometimes you get something that tastes wonderful, other times it is terrible. Hope this helps.

I'm not an expert so probably not suppose to post here. Mods please let me know.
If the flavors go well together (like a minty fruit) I just fill the tank with the new liquid. Sometimes I mix them together when I am in a menthol mood. It won't hurt your coil at all juice is juice. Sometimes you get something that tastes wonderful, other times it is terrible. Hope this helps.

Ok thanks! and does the taste from the first liquid stay in the coil? or does it just go away after a bit if i cleaned the rest of the clearomizer?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok thanks! and does the taste from the first liquid stay in the coil? or does it just go away after a bit if i cleaned the rest of the clearomizer?
It will eventually go away, how long it takes depends on the flavor (how strong/bold/outspoken it is). I've never been a fan of menthol, so dunno how long it hangs around, but suspect it's one of the ones that hangs on longer than most. I know from experience that cinnamon red hots flavor will hang around in the background through quite a few tank refills, but other flavors, such as watermelon, will disappear pretty quickly after the refill. Like Heather posted, it's always best to follow with a complementary flavor. E.g., menthol goes pretty good with watermelon, adding a minty cool/crispness to it.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey!
Pretty nooby question, but i just got a evod tank and a Kanger protank 3 mini. I wanted to ask if i can just switch the liquid (menthol to some fruity stuff) without changing/cleaning the coil? Will the other taste just go away after a little bit or do i have to clean the coil too? The tank seems obvious but I´m not very experienced :D

Thanks guys!

If were anything but mentho, I would say "No Big Deal"

But by the time the left over menthol flavor leaves your head, it will be time for a new one!

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey!

Thanks guys!

Welcome to VU bud and congrats on the new gear...I used those guys for a long time and still do on occasion though rare...those coils have a silica wick in them so if you fire them without the tank attached, known as "dry firing" they will be ok and burn some of the old flavor away...you can make those coils last longer by doing this once in awhile to keep juice from building up and "gunking" up the wick.

Just remember if you go to a bigger tank like a Subtank from Kanger or an Atlantis or An Arctic tank or any other subohm kind of tank that the coils in those tanks have a wick made out of cotton or another kind of material that can not be dry fired and you will ruin your coils if you attempt it.

But with what you have now it's ok to and can help the flavor change...just make sure that after you dry fire them to let them soak the liquid up in the tank for a bit or you'll get a dry hit which tastes real nasty and you'll never forget that taste once it's happened :)

VU Sponsors