Become a Patron!

Changing liquids

Hi. So I just decided to swap to vaping from normal cigarettes and so bought myself the smok x priv. Now. As a first liquid got the 12mg nicotine banana flavour and not really keen on that. So want to change it. The question is - can I just empty the tank from the liquid and just pour a new one in? Or I need a new coil ? Or what really ?
Thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use the same one. But you'll still taste your previous juice until the new one starts to absorb more into the coil, so I'd use one that's "compatible" with banana, maybe another fruit.
Welcome to VU!

Thank you!!! One more thing if I can - in that specific model ( smok x priv) how do I adjust the kick - as in - first puff I took on 60w I almost died (lol) ( bare in mind been smoking red Marlboro for a past few years now - so quite strong ) - so in want to get it to the point I have a good strong flavour with decent cloud ( yeah - want to have fun with it too!) But like so I won't die and cough my lungs out !?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you!!! One more thing if I can - in that specific model ( smok x priv) how do I adjust the kick - as in - first puff I took on 60w I almost died (lol) ( bare in mind been smoking red Marlboro for a past few years now - so quite strong ) - so in want to get it to the point I have a good strong flavour with decent cloud ( yeah - want to have fun with it too!) But like so I won't die and cough my lungs out !?
When I srart my vaping day I srart slow. I lower watts to 50 and close up the airflow to half. As my morning progresses I up the watts open the flow untill I am at my sweet spot. 70watts and wide open. If I do not take it easy at first I will cough my head off.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Make sure a new coil is "primed," meaning - fill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes while the cotton absorbs the juice. This process is a little quicker if you put some juice on the exposed cotton in the coil before you screw it into the tank. Dry hits are no joke, kinda like breathing fire, so give the coil ample opportunity to absorb as much of that liquid as possible. After the first time, you won't have to do that on every fill, just with a fresh, new coil.
Something else that helps with the new ones - fill up the tank, close the air flow, and WITHOUT hitting the fire button on the mod, suck on the drip tip to draw the juice into the coil.

Hmm. Should I then actually change the coil ? At the moment using v12 prince t10 that says works between 60-120w but best between 80-110. Should I change to something with lower range ?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm. Should I then actually change the coil ? At the moment using v12 prince t10 that says works between 60-120w but best between 80-110. Should I change to something with lower range ?
Not necessarily. The wattage listed on the coil is only carved in the coil, not in stone. If you get a pleasant vape from your preferred wattage, use the coil. If you can't, then change to another.

VU Sponsors