Become a Patron!

Changing wattage to maximize flavor?

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
Using ijoy captain elite ps 2170 with captain mini tank. Using 0.5 ohm coils at 30w. Flavor seems same at 20w and 40w. Should I close airflow a little tighter and hike up wattage to get more flavor?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Vape Drive

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What VG liquid do you use? Higher vg ejuices performs better with loose airflow and higher wattage as they are created for big clouds.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Actually... tightening the airflow will improve flavor, but you also have to adjust to LOWER wattage since you have less air crossing the coils to cool them.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I lower watts and reduce af with fruit flavors to get better flavor as well. For desserts/sweet flavors I up watts and open af.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
It's 70/30 juice (70vg).
OK, so I'll tighten airflow and drop wattage to about 15 or 20?
Start at 15w and work your way up until you hit a sweet spot. Play with af and use the 510 adapter and drip tip. Only you can find your sweet spot .

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Totally agree with Letitia. As little as .5 to 1 watt can make a difference. Usually it's a little more than that, but you get the idea. As an example, my two favorite flavors are black cherry and gummi bear. The gummi pops for my set up right at 40w af open, the black cherry is best at 41w with the af half closed. And then my "take a break" flavor, french vanilla is best right around 41.5 to 42w with the af open. You just have to experiment with watts and air flow till you find what you like. :D

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
Ok, I'll experiment with wattage and airflow. Never thought that 1w would make a difference! Thought it would be in increments of 5w or so

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
I'm experimenting with different flavours,mostly fruit and fruit/menthol combinations.Using 2 different tanks also. Some flavors are coming through at 15-20w on Digiflavor tank while I've to hike it up to 30-40w to get more flavor on the Captain mini tank.....would that be normal?I'm new to vaping so just curious to know if I'm doing it right, dont wanna damage tanks etc.

VU Sponsors