Become a Patron!

Charger question

Enpsyclopedia

Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have been using a nitecore intellicharger for about 2 months now. My batteries always get hot and smell like something is on fire while their charging. I contacted nitecore and they said that it is normal, which I refuse to believe. However, I have always been curious that most box mods can be charged via USB but nobody uses them. Is it ok to charge them in the mod or is there a reason I dont see people doing it?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Batteries can hot at times when charging, but not too hot. They shouldn't smell though. Have you checked if you have an authentic one? They're cloned on a large scale. The box should have a verification sticker that you can check on their website.

You can charge via the mod. If you have a charger, it's preferable.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have been using a nitecore intellicharger for about 2 months now. My batteries always get hot and smell like something is on fire while their charging. I contacted nitecore and they said that it is normal, which I refuse to believe. However, I have always been curious that most box mods can be charged via USB but nobody uses them. Is it ok to charge them in the mod or is there a reason I dont see people doing it?
Batteries can get warm but they shouldn't be getting hot to the touch. Charging is a matter of preference. I run mostly single 18650 mods and do most of my charging through USB. But some believe if you have dual or triples they should be charged on a separate charger.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is the name of a local battery store in town.

I personally never heard of them so I cannot speak for how reputable they are or if they sell authentic batteries. My first thought is since the batteries are getting hot they are suspect. But I am not there to judge what you call hot.

Enpsyclopedia

Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I personally never heard of them so I cannot speak for how reputable they are or if they sell authentic batteries. My first thought is since the batteries are getting hot they are suspect. But I am not there to judge what you call hot.
I would not know if they are authentic myself, but they dont get hot on my buddy's charger or if I charge them in the mod. So i dont know.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Your charger might be defective and overcharging the batteries or doing something wrong. Ask your buddy if you can borrow some batteries and see if his act up in your charger. If they do you need to do whatever it takes to RMA that charger with Nitcore.

If you have a voltmeter next time you charge them and they show full, see what the full charge voltage is.

Enpsyclopedia

Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Your charger might be defective and overcharging the batteries or doing something wrong. Ask your buddy if you can borrow some batteries and see if his act up in your charger. If they do you need to do whatever it takes to RMA that charger with Nitcore.

If you have a voltmeter next time you charge them and they show full, see what the full charge voltage is.
Okay. Will do. Thanks

VU Sponsors