Become a Patron!

Charging 18350 battery in 18650 charger?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't see problem. Check it when it's charging to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is the charger spring loaded to hold the battery in place? If it's one of those single cell chargers, I'd shit can it and get a decent charger like an Xtar or Efest LUC. I never have had good luck with those single cell chargers, mostly because they charged the cells to 4V, not 4.2V which shortened their life considerably.

You can buy aluminum charging spacers, but for a little more money you can get a charger that will charge li-ion batts from 10500 to 26650 in size, including 18350's. It's up to you.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All lithium cells are the same (3.3V-4.2V, 3.7V nominal). Some have more capacity than others, is all. You can charge all cells in the same charger. If your only problem is making a good electrical contact, roll up some aluminum foil to fill the void. If you're worried about shorts, wrap the outside of your aluminum foil plug with electrical tape.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swear by Nitecore Digichargers. Also, avoid LUC chargers. They're by Efest. Wouldn't trust Efest to make flashlight batteries, much less chargers or vaporizer batteries.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As does mine..

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I swear by Nitecore Digichargers. Also, avoid LUC chargers. They're by Efest. Wouldn't trust Efest to make flashlight batteries, much less chargers or vaporizer batteries.

Nitecore FTW

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a brand new LUC V4 that works like it should in one way. That's to charge the batteries to what I can tell using a Fluke meter pretty accurately but I despise the charger and the people who sold it to me. It was advertised as a universal charger having an included USB port. Sounds perfect for us that still have an EGO or two laying around. By accident I contacted another vendor on Amazon where I got my charger from that also advertised there LUC V4 the same way. Here lies my problem. First it is only a lithium charger and will not charge Ni-Mh batteries like the Nitecore will. The USB port only works if you put a battery in Port 2 of the charger with the charger unplugged basically turning it into an 18650 powered USB charger. If it is plugged in with a USB cord attached, port 2 will not charge a battery. The other person I spoke to wasn't even aware of that.(tells me there trying to hide it until its to late) To claim having a USB port on a charger anyone would assume it is used for charging in addition to charging batteries since they went as far as saying it has a 500mah rating. Its nothing more than a pathetic ploy to sucker buyers to there product instead of an actual well designed and built charger with out gimmicks. Mine is a month old. When I get the money to replace it I will burn it and post it with the explanation of why it is burning. I would love to keep everyone I can from buying something under such pathetic and false pretenses. If I could figure out how, I would get the video and this post to the people who make it.

Stepping off of my soapbox for now.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Randy Bloodworth: okay so you prefer the Nitecore. It does more things than the similarly priced LUC and works the way you expect. Fair enough.

But... that much hatred for a $30 charger? Really? I don't think I'd spend more than 30 seconds getting half as worked up as you are over a battery charger, because, well, it's just a fucking battery charger. Me, I just don't have time in my life to start hating a battery charger :)

Dingo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Giraut
It may be easily seen that I went over board about the charger. However you are obviously better off financially than I am for one and haven't been through what I have in the past year or so. This also has to do with the job I did for 17 years. I worked for a company in Ga. doing high end Security and surveillance systems. My reputation in the industry is impeccable because I live my life by 3 simple little words. I don't "lie, cheat, or steal" and people knew it. Even though I was technically listed as a Customer Support tech. I actually did so much more from installing and trouble shooting networks, firewalls, databases all the way down to running conduit for low and high voltage cabling. I was in this industry for 20 years and the same company for 17 until a Vehicle accident/Work Comp thing turned my world up side down. Long story short, I went from a high functioning multitasking tech to Loosing my job, house, and most of my belongings and having to live with my mother at the age of 39. One of the main diagnoses is Severe Chronic Myofacial Pain syndrome. Imagine every muscle group in your body from your knees to the base of your skull are in contraction 24/7. Look it up, you will read that people's muscles are described as being like concrete. That level of pain has caused frontal lobe brain damage.( Lost 26 IQ points in a little over a year) So the moving in with my mom wasn't because I lost my house, job, and anyway of drawing some sort of income. Its because I need someone to remind me when to eat and take my medicine because I cant remember. You would think that after a while I would get hungry but those muscles are affected as well, so I never feel hunger pains. I lost 40 lbs in just a few months at the start of this. To top it off as my health care got more expensive since I cant get health insurance I had to quit smoking because all of this is coming from my 70 year old mother's Social Security. I started vaping as a have to. Like a lot of others I trusted some local B & E's who got screwed on knockoffs that worked maybe half the time. then I went to the net and tried to do research on reputable people to purchase things from as money became available. Even now with myfreedomsmokes.com I am not getting what these sites infer what im going to get half the time or more. I have a couple of decent items that have kept me off cigarettes but barely. I have many more items that would make smoking a lot easier. So please forgive me if I went over board with the charger review that was just 30 dollars. It could have been smarter spent so I could have a charger to charge my Ni-Mh batteries too. I'm just fucking tired of being lied too by people in the vaping community. It seems that I will probably offend others on this site because of some of the mental problems I have like rambling. To keep from bothering you or some other important person in the future, I'll just close my account and look at life from a distance so I don't offend you or else or embarrass myself.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a brand new LUC V4 that works like it should in one way. That's to charge the batteries to what I can tell using a Fluke meter pretty accurately but I despise the charger and the people who sold it to me. It was advertised as a universal charger having an included USB port. Sounds perfect for us that still have an EGO or two laying around. By accident I contacted another vendor on Amazon where I got my charger from that also advertised there LUC V4 the same way. Here lies my problem. First it is only a lithium charger and will not charge Ni-Mh batteries like the Nitecore will. The USB port only works if you put a battery in Port 2 of the charger with the charger unplugged basically turning it into an 18650 powered USB charger. If it is plugged in with a USB cord attached, port 2 will not charge a battery. The other person I spoke to wasn't even aware of that.(tells me there trying to hide it until its to late) To claim having a USB port on a charger anyone would assume it is used for charging in addition to charging batteries since they went as far as saying it has a 500mah rating. Its nothing more than a pathetic ploy to sucker buyers to there product instead of an actual well designed and built charger with out gimmicks. Mine is a month old. When I get the money to replace it I will burn it and post it with the explanation of why it is burning. I would love to keep everyone I can from buying something under such pathetic and false pretenses. If I could figure out how, I would get the video and this post to the people who make it.

Stepping off of my soapbox for now.
You got suckered by the seller.. I knew about the USB port thing and that it was only for Li-Ion before buying by simply looking it up on the site..

VU Sponsors