Become a Patron!

Charging & Voltage

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I recently bought a RX200S and I bought three Aspire 2500mah 20/40 batteries to go with it.

Then I bought one of the new Nitecore I4 chargers as well and I was messing around with the four optional charging rates. (4.35V, 4.2V, 3.7V.)

Should I switch it to 3.7v charging mode for my batteries? I know the charger says it has the over charge protection so that's no problem. But will lowering the recharge rate give me a longer lasting battery during the day while vaping? Just wondering, thank you :)

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If given a choice, and you have the time, the lowest charging rate is best for charging batteries.

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well I was wrong about the different voltages being different charging rates. (I think) I set the charger to 3.7V for all 3 batteries and let them charge to full charge. Then put them in my mod and the mod said they were only charged to 32%. o.o

So after looking at the website I guess what I actually did was set the to be charged to 30% instead of switching it to 3.7v like it shows parallel to the 30% option shown here:
charger.png
So from now on I will just put them in the charger and leave it at the default setting of 100% lol.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Charge rate is set in amps.
Don't know why you would want to change the default voltage values to anything else.
While you battery's nominal voltage is around 3.7 it is full when it reaches 4.2V and that's what you should charge it to, unless you intend to set it aside for long storage.

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I had thought that changing the voltage was changing the charge speed and not the max that it was charging to.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well if you were to only half charge batteries it would take half the time, but that's not really the point.

VU Sponsors