Charm by Mark Bugs

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone lost their mind and bought one of these yet?

Almost looks like a modern version of the good old Chalice III - an atty I still love, but rarely vape because the airflow is just a little too tight for how I vape now.

Am sorely tempted to get one despite the ungodly price compared to what a lot of the newer out-of-this-world atties are going for these days

Kinda leery of a clone as this is a little more complex airflow than we're used to seeing lately

Anyway, would love to hear from someone actively using one

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never bought a Bugs product, they're prolly good, according to what I've read and watched on the interweb.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
That's what I keep telling myself Dale :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Did you notice it snowed on the big island today?....you there now?....:devil:

Was wondering if the snow followed @JuicyLucy ......:teehee:

Haha

Maybe next month.

It's cheaper in February, so if we delay a visit by one month, this atty will be totally affordable :cool:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WELL?....buy one, so we all know how good or bad it tiss.....:vino:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
WELL?....buy one, so we all know how good or bad it tiss.....:vino:

Sounds good - do you think the family will notice when I take them out for a nice bowl of hot cereal instead of prime rib this Christmas???

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It has had very good reviews. Been eyeing it myself but with this price tag I decided to wait for it to hit the classies. Thought of buying a clone, but judging by the bad reviews of the Chalice III clone, I decided against it. Like you said, it has a comparatively complex airflow system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And like I mentioned above I wouldn't try to get the clone. Prior attempts at cloning the Chalice III were not that successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah, for some reason I didn't see your first post :)

My very first squonker had a Chalice III clone which I dearly loved - until I got my hands on the real thing. No comparison.

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got the clone by Shenray from Focal. I don't have the original but from everything I've been able to find other than the finish which is darker and more matt on the orig it seems pretty close. Great flavor and with the wide range of both bottom and/or top airflow most anyone should be able to find a preference.

My only quibble is with squonking which is why I got it, I find it needs squonking more often. Could be the slightly smaller diameter, center post with divider in the middle not leaving much room for a juice well or wick but I do need to squonk more often and also be careful because it's easier to overflow than with other attys. The only way to help with over squonking is to cut the bottom off and just use top aiflow but I can't get the same flavor with just top. It's close with just the top but not quite there.

Imo it's a great choice for someone looking for great flavor and fit a wide range of vaping styles. With all the options it might take a while to find a preference though. For me, the fiddle factor of finding that preference combined with more bottle presses and having to be more careful when I do squonk keeps me reaching for others like the NarDa and Hadaly ahead of it. It does look cool though.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Love the Hadaly, hate Narda, lol. Only have a clone of the NarDa, but they are supposedly 1/1.

The Hadaly is definitely my candidate for best new atty I've tried this year - truly amazeballs, lol

Am hoping the Charm is like a Chalice III but with just a hair more airflow/less restrictive draw

Haven't pulled the trigger --- yet ;)

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With top and bottom air flow open the Charm can be a cloud chaser compared to the Chalice III or tightened down to golf ball through a straw status or anywhere in between. I don't think you'll have an issue with airflow, just might take some time adjusting both to get it right.

I wasn't a fan of the Chalice III a little to restrictive for my taste but as far as the way it vapes the Charm is a big step up imo. It's just the fussier sqonking with me but that has nothing to do with how it vapes.

Douglas H. Aiken

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finest quality atty I have ever owned. I would buy it just for the craftsmanship.
I traded a Nuppin' V2 for it, but instantly said I would have been ecstatic at retail.
I am a chronic over-squonker, so I had to get used to it. My fault though.
Highly recommended piece of vaping art.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Finest quality atty I have ever owned. I would buy it just for the craftsmanship.
I traded a Nuppin' V2 for it, but instantly said I would have been ecstatic at retail.
I am a chronic over-squonker, so I had to get used to it. My fault though.
Highly recommended piece of vaping art.

Now that is the enabling spirit needed to make this a must-have :giggle:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I think I <3 it - ran about a quarter of a bottle through it tonight. Just a .9 30awg 2.5 mm. SS build.

Think I will recoil it tomorrow with a 2 mm build and lower the coil. Love all the options for air and am still playing with it

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 10.27.18 PM.png

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Alright - got this puppy dialed in :cloud:

Re-coiled it with a single 30 awg SS, 2mm wrapped 6 times.

Positioned the wick in the well rather than over it. Have the air half open on both sides, shut on top and the flavor is just as intense as the old Chalice III, but with a better draw. <3<3<3

disley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Alright - got this puppy dialed in :cloud:

Re-coiled it with a single 30 awg SS, 2mm wrapped 6 times.

Positioned the wick in the well rather than over it. Have the air half open on both sides, shut on top and the flavor is just as intense as the old Chalice III, but with a better draw. <3<3<3
It's good when you find an atty that suits you're style of vaping...
I like a single spaced coil, with a 28 or 26 gauge Ti or SS wire.
Twisting two strands tightly together.
A.T.M I'm using tightly wound 26ga Ti, in my favorite atty, the 24mm bf aeronaut...
In squonking mode, in a custom made Lipo mod, (see avatar)
26g coil 1 004.JPG

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's good when you find an atty that suits you're style of vaping...
I like a single spaced coil, with a 28 or 26 gauge Ti or SS wire.
Twisting two strands tightly together.
A.T.M I'm using tightly wound 26ga Ti, in my favorite atty, the 24mm bf aeronaut...
In squonking mode, in a custom made Lipo mod, (see avatar)
View attachment 73741

Nice - ha

Was just sitting here vaping mine just this very second

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 8.47.42 AM.png

disley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Snap, I'm holding my squonker, with a freshly made cup of tea sitting below the monitor... Lol...
So much pleasure from simple things...

VU Sponsors