Become a Patron!

Check out this lamp I got at Target

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw this today while doing some returns , It stopped me in my tracks , gears turning in my head.....A CHARGING station for my vape gear!!!!! It has 2 AC outlets built right into the lamp!!! I had to buy it and look how cool!!!! (I bought 2):D:D

IMG_2504_zpsa9e08802.jpg

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, thats cool :)

I bought a LED lamp that plugs into the USB on my NAS for extra task lighting.. But I like this one more .

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Can you provide a link to that lamp?

That would be perfect for me!!!

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn I gotta stay off here. My list of stuff to get just keeps getting longer an longer. LOL!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice, that looks great!

I can't make Target show the details...make sure it has a good amount of current at 5vdc...500mAh minimum eh?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It was gotten at Target

Ok, stupid question. What was written on the box so I can see if I can find it online at Target?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice, that looks great!

I can't make Target show the details...make sure it has a good amount of current at 5vdc...500mAh minimum eh?

120V-60hz AC is what it says on it, charged my shark up fine

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, stupid question. What was written on the box so I can see if I can find it online at Target?
Says - Requires one 40-watt Max Standard bulb or 13 watt Max CFL
2 power outlets on base Charge cell phone and more
120V-60hz AC
Above is off cardboard wrapper

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like the lamp, seems like it's getting harder to find those flexible neck styles like that also. Hope my wife doesn't see this post, at least until after new years, or I know what she will want me to go looking for tomorrow.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure if they are out of them at the store , that you can order one on line see the link Midnite posted

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK, this is like my next purchase. My stupid lamp takes up my whole night table. A place to put my istick & some juices? Yes please.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Whiskey , thanks for posting this awesomeness! I am loving the idea and the price of it.

Here's my problem: at the link(s) you posted, I cannot find any mention of the "charging station' aspect of the thing. To me, that's a crucial component--although at 12.99, it's kind of hard to go wrong! The only difference I can see between the two is that the higher price one includes a 13 watt CFL bulb. (Probably worthwhile for me, since electricity is almost triple the cost per kwh where I live compared to averages in the states, I don't use incandescents anymore).

Did you get the 12.99 lamp or the 19.99 one? And where on the body of it are the plugs you mentioned--I'm guessing in the very back of the organizer part, or possible on the side not shown in the photo?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I paid $12.99
See the white unit? it is there where the plug in is, I lightened the picture to see it better.

072140e7-7c16-495f-9fca-c15872514a69_zps27ffb002.jpg

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Whiskey , thanks for posting this awesomeness! I am loving the idea and the price of it.

Here's my problem: at the link(s) you posted, I cannot find any mention of the "charging station' aspect of the thing. To me, that's a crucial component--although at 12.99, it's kind of hard to go wrong! The only difference I can see between the two is that the higher price one includes a 13 watt CFL bulb. (Probably worthwhile for me, since electricity is almost triple the cost per kwh where I live compared to averages in the states, I don't use incandescents anymore).

Did you get the 12.99 lamp or the 19.99 one? And where on the body of it are the plugs you mentioned--I'm guessing in the very back of the organizer part, or possible on the side not shown in the photo?
It has two 120v plugs on the rear of the organizer.. Facing up.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a 2 port one I bought off amazon or ebay or something a yr or so ago. Mine however charges extremely slow & the way the connector is designed it doesn't like to stay plugged in to the outlet. That one hopefully is better than mine. I do still use it on occasion, going to order one of these lamps when $ allows, may use it then.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought one shortly after OP posted. Very happy with it.

One thing I would point out is some plugin chargers, as well as usb cords are better than others. I had one that was junk. Surprisingly, one I got at Dollar General is very good.

VU Sponsors