Become a Patron!

Cherry Bakewell Tart v4 (by Heng)

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My absolute favourite dessert/cake in the UK is the cherry bakewell. I've found several other recipes online and I tend to find that they're all too strong and don't get the levels quite right. This is my 4th 'final' recipe, and by far the tastiest of the bunch. I've been vaping this all day every day for 2 weeks.

3% TFA Cheesecake (Graham crust) --(This is a fantastic flavour and works really well here, as it provides the cake base as well as the base flavouring for the icing)
1% FA Vanilla classic (I find this is needed to flavour the cheesecake. It makes it more like vanilla icing)
1.5% FA Black cherry (the standard cherry doesn't taste quite right)
1% FA Almond (better than marzipan in this recipe as it's much sweeter)
0.5% FA Catalan Cream (sweetens the icing)
0.5% FA Cookie

Shake and vape.

TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) is the key to this recipe. It can't be replaced with another as it acts as the foundation to both the biscuit/cake base and the icing as well. Vanilla classic is used to add vanilla flavour to the icing. Any FA vanilla should work well here.

Black cherry is used to provide the sweet cherry flavour. Standard FA cherry doesn't work as it'd too sour and not sweet enough.

Almond works much better here than marzipan, as again, it adds sweetness. Sweetness is the key to this recipe working. It is for this reason I added the catalan cream and cookie. Both of those add sweetness to the icing and biscuit base, respectively.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My absolute favourite dessert/cake in the UK is the cherry bakewell. I've found several other recipes online and I tend to find that they're all too strong and don't get the levels quite right. This is my 4th 'final' recipe, and by far the tastiest of the bunch. I've been vaping this all day every day for 2 weeks.

3% TFA Cheesecake (Graham crust) --(This is a fantastic flavour and works really well here, as it provides the cake base as well as the base flavouring for the icing)
1% FA Vanilla classic (I find this is needed to flavour the cheesecake. It makes it more like vanilla icing)
0.5% FA Cookie

Shake and vape.

TFA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) is the key to this recipe. It can't be replaced with another as it acts as the foundation to both the biscuit/cake base and the icing as well. Vanilla classic is used to add vanilla flavour to the icing. Any FA vanilla should work well here.

Black cherry is used to provide the sweet cherry flavour. Standard FA cherry doesn't work as it'd too sour and not sweet enough.

Almond works much better here than marzipan, as again, it adds sweetness. Sweetness is the key to this recipe working. It is for this reason I added the catalan cream and cookie. Both of those add sweetness to the icing and biscuit base, respectively.
Sounds excellent. Any other fruit/berry suggestions?

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds excellent. Any other fruit/berry suggestions?

Raspberry works! I also made a batch of this with apricot. While it tastes nothing like a cherry bakewell, it does taste pretty damn nice. I love apricot though...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Raspberry works! I also made a batch of this with apricot. While it tastes nothing like a cherry bakewell, it does taste pretty damn nice. I love apricot though...
How much FA raspberry do you recommend?

Denzil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This sounds nice, I have the flavours so will defiantly give this a go. I like the flavour % count.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

0.5% FA Cookie

Shake and vape.

I can just tell this is excellent. Thanks for the share!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This looks good! I love cherry tarts, this is a have to try! Thanks for the share!:cool:

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
This is a must mix for me, Just love cherry bakewell tarts, Great memories as a child.
Thank you for the recipe.

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This recipe was so attractive that I mixed it up as soon as I read the post. I've been trying to make a good cherry flavour for quite a while to no avail. This is a very interesting mix. It's the cheesecake graham crust that really makes this unique, which somehow kind of gives it a tobacco'ey note. I've only been vaping this for five minutes, but I'd definitely recommend giving this one a try. First impressions were that it could be a little sweeter, but I have a feeling that this is gonna get better the more I vape it. I'll report back after a few days. Thanks for sharing this Heng.

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This recipe was so attractive that I mixed it up as soon as I read the post. I've been trying to make a good cherry flavour for quite a while to no avail. This is a very interesting mix. It's the cheesecake graham crust that really makes this unique, which somehow kind of gives it a tobacco'ey note. I've only been vaping this for five minutes, but I'd definitely recommend giving this one a try. First impressions were that it could be a little sweeter, but I have a feeling that this is gonna get better the more I vape it. I'll report back after a few days. Thanks for sharing this Heng.

I actually agree with you on the sweetness. I need to work on that. When I come up with a V5 I'll get it posted in here!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a damn good flavour though mate. Really enjoying it. I might try throwing a bit of FA apple pie in it after I finish this latest batch, but I still think the original recipe is very enjoyable. Vaping it right now!

Semi Reduction

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok I jumped back on this recipe this week.
Tweaked it by adding the following.
0.5% FA apple pie
0.5% FA cherry
0.5% FA marshmallow

I left the original ingredients as is, and to my tastebuds the additions brought the pie factor out a little, added a little more zest to the cherry and sweetened it up a tad. The amended recipe is below, but props to Heng for this recipe. It was tasty as is, I've just tweaked it to my taste buds, but I'd recommend trying the original recipe first, and then adding the above flavours if your tastebuds cringe for more of one of the elements. Thanks again Heng. Needed a good cherry recipe.

3% TFA Cheesecake (Graham crust)
1.5% FA Black cherry
1% FA Vanilla classic
1% FA Almond
0.5% FA Catalan Cream
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cherry
0.5% FA Marshmallow

This is excellent. I've been looking for a bakewell tart flavour for ages. This is the closest mix that I've come across, far better than any of the shop bought cherry bakewells that I've tried.
Many thanks for sharing

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
dammm , forgot to add almond to my shopping list on the last order .... GESH ... any one tried subbing almond with marzipan ?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I jumped back on this recipe this week.
Tweaked it by adding the following.
0.5% FA apple pie
0.5% FA cherry
0.5% FA marshmallow

I left the original ingredients as is, and to my tastebuds the additions brought the pie factor out a little, added a little more zest to the cherry and sweetened it up a tad. The amended recipe is below, but props to Heng for this recipe. It was tasty as is, I've just tweaked it to my taste buds, but I'd recommend trying the original recipe first, and then adding the above flavours if your tastebuds cringe for more of one of the elements. Thanks again Heng. Needed a good cherry recipe.

3% TFA Cheesecake (Graham crust)
1.5% FA Black cherry
1% FA Vanilla classic
1% FA Almond
0.5% FA Catalan Cream
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cherry
0.5% FA Marshmallow

This looks gorgeous, Heng! I haven't done much mixing in months, but I think I'm gonna try this. FYI, there's a post on here with a few different cherry pie ideas. It's interesting to see that there's quite an overlap in ingredients.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cherry-pie-bake-off.101668/

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey guys! I seem to be being slowly drawn back in. Still lapsing into smoking here and there, but I never buy them for myself at least. Maybe I can be that animal I never understood: "the occasional social smoker".
You're here now :)

Heng

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been tweaking this recently and so far I have added some sweetness to the icing, and made the cherry pop (I feel like there's a pun there somewhere).

It's not ready for the next version yet, but give me a few days and I will update OP with the new version!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made this today. I have made almost every cherry vape recipe on VU. To me, they have been have been like wearing a cherry jump suit while sucking on a cherry lollipop.

Yours is a wandering cherry stream cascading over smooth vanilla rocks through a peaceful forest.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been tweaking this recently and so far I have added some sweetness to the icing, and made the cherry pop (I feel like there's a pun there somewhere).

It's not ready for the next version yet, but give me a few days and I will update OP with the new version!
Imo, a little tfa brown sugar extra could make the icing pop. It would definitely add sweetness on the exhale. I don't need it, just a suggestion.

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
mixed it with 1% marzipan instead of the almond vaping it fresh seems to nice and fluffy , sweet enough for me , waiting for almond to arrive to try the original or the revised recipe you mentioned :) , meanwhile got 30ml to vape on...

thanks heng!

VU Sponsors