Become a Patron!

cherry bomber auto fire

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive heard of the cherry bomber autofiring if anything touches the atty and the body at the same time. I was wondering if anybody has had issues with this or has heard any horror stories of cherry bombers going.... well... cherry bomb hehe sorry couldnt help the pun

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is your battery or Batts upside down or installed incorrectly. Sounds like you have the positive side going to the body/5th instead of the switch. Test continuity of mod with you VOM

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Its the way it is wired and yes I have heard of it auto firing. Scuba from vaper.tv has a video on it on youtube

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is your battery or Batts upside down or installed incorrectly. Sounds like you have the positive side going to the body/5th instead of the switch. Test continuity of mod with you VOM

its a design defect. I dont have one myself but ive been interested in mech boxes and almost bought this a couple months ago before I looked into getting a higher power regulated device

vap3r

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MCV is coming out with a compact, single-cell Cherry Bomber V2 soon. Stay tuned for that one. Else, Raptor > Cherry Bomber.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
its a design defect. I dont have one myself but ive been interested in mech boxes and almost bought this a couple months ago before I looked into getting a higher power regulated device
Not a design defect, but an old school way of having a parallel battery mod and low impedance high ampere switch without a mosfet.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im still a fan of my cb.... ive never had it auto fire on me... maybe im just not an idiot.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a "Clyp"to raise the atty up from the top of the body,it will still fire if something metal gets between the top and the atty but now it won't fire just by pressing the atty over!....I also pulled the spring out some to give the button some more tension to press,and turned the contact ring on the 510 to close up the gap of the contacts....I don't carry it in My pocket now!....Z

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I made a newer thicker spring for the switch, i tried the mcv magnet set but really the throw is too light... i like a hard throw.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not a design defect, but an old school way of having a parallel battery mod and low impedance high ampere switch without a mosfet.
well that makes more sense. I always wondered why mech tubes didnt need a mosfet and boxes did. is it just the switch or the way its all set up?

mav

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Basically the same design as my Cigreen Bigfoot mod (Bigfoot has no button lock, but Cherry Bomber does). The Bigfoot must be clear coated or something because I was not able to get it to auto fire like the Cherry Bomber in the video. A painted rda instead of raw stainless also helps. Use good judgment and be safe. Your vape gear should not give you bodily or property damage. Be careful.

Yellowhorse

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

You spelled "DVM" wrong.

VU Sponsors