Become a Patron!

Cherry bomber v2 safe ohm

is it safe to run a dual .25 ohm coil in this mod with two 18650 22r batteries in series at 8.4 volts or should I be running it in parallel at 4.2 volts. And what would be the lowest ohm I can throw 8.4 volts at?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would stick with paralleled. For sure. Just a quick number crunch
.25 ohm at 8.4 is 282 watts at 33amps

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At .4 on 8.4 v is 176 watts and 21 amps

Have you ever tried to series the batts in a cherry bomber? I've never done it in any mod and only have a Dimitri and when I seriesed the batteries in it the copper buss between the two tarnished to a dark brown and batts got stupid hot so I decided no.

I've been hitting my mod all day in series at 8.4 on the .25 coils haven't heated the batteries but the coils get super hot quick just was reading a few things on the web and now I feel to be safer at sub ohm I should try parallel instead

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been hitting my mod all day in series at 8.4 on the .25 coils haven't heated the batteries but the coils get super hot quick just was reading a few things on the web and now I feel to be safer at sub ohm I should try parallel instead
Well I didn't read the v2 in the title, I see that it can be ran in series, so my bad on that part, but I still wouldn't feel safe with 8.4, up to you but that's a bit ridiculous in my mind. I stay between .12 - .20 on all my rdas a few .08 builds for comps but at 147 watts on the .12 build its about all I want lol.

I kinda thought I was giving it to much power just wanted anothe opinion thank you I'll use sub ohms on parallel what is the series setting for anything above 1.0 ohm?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I kinda thought I was giving it to much power just wanted anothe opinion thank you I'll use sub ohms on parallel what is the series setting for anything above 1.0 ohm?
1 ohm is 70w and 2 ohm is 35w, you'd definitely wanna sub it

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't get me wrong, if the box runs at 8.4 safely then go for it. Its just that low of a sub build is ridiculous on 8volts, starting at .4 and up you get into the reasonable range.(to me)

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
is it safe to run a dual .25 ohm coil in this mod with two 18650 22r batteries in series at 8.4 volts or should I be running it in parallel at 4.2 volts. And what would be the lowest ohm I can throw 8.4 volts at?

Looks like the V2 is something China came up with, and is no longer a mechanical mod, rather just a plain unregulated mod.

Use SteamEngine for coil options in series & parallel.

I stopped using the v2 today after I noticed the wires are not soldered into place don't feel safe useing it I pick up a dimitiri full mech mod

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stopped using the v2 today after I noticed the wires are not soldered into place don't feel safe useing it I pick up a dimitiri full mech mod
A lot of people love the Dimtri. Those full mechanical boxes like the dimitri, CB, raptor, etc.. are parallel only. The only full series mech with dual 650's that I know of, is the new Jaybo (Tobh) Noisy Cricket.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of people love the Dimtri. Those full mechanical boxes like the dimitri, CB, raptor, etc.. are parallel only. The only full series mech with dual 650's that I know of, is the new Jaybo (Tobh) Noisy Cricket.
The cherry bomber v2 is a series or parallel. I thought exactly like you did until I looked it up.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The cherry bomber v2 is a series or parallel. I thought exactly like you did until I looked it up.
Except the v2 is not a mech mod. It's an unregulated device with a mosfet. Which is why you almost blew up your batteries by trying to run them series in a parallel dimitri mechanical box
Those full mechanical boxes like the dimitri, CB, raptor, etc.. are parallel only.

parallel series.jpg

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

What's important to know here is that how low you can safely go in ohms depends on your battery's amp rating. If it is a good brand like Samsung, lg, etc then the amp rating on the battery is most likely accurate, but if it is a generic like trustfire, efest etc then I would Google to see if a test has been done on it to find the true amp rating. For example, I'm running an efest that is rated 30A, but in testing it cut out at 20A. Now, the reason this is very important is because the lower the ohms, the higher the amps. Exceed your battery's amp rating and you may end up with less body parts than you currently have. We don't want that.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Except the v2 is not a mech mod. It's an unregulated device with a mosfet. Which is why you almost blew up your batteries by trying to run them series in a parallel dimitri mechanical box

View attachment 30291
Good eye... Not sure where I got it mixed up.

Tim at Soulless Designs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The big trick is to look up your battery ratings for what they are capable of, and some boxes will have a rating to watch out for as well. I personally run a .07 on my parallel box and have run a .17 on my series, but i made sure to be within the safe limits of my batteries and the boxes. I don't suggest trying to convert a parallel to a series unless you know exactly what you are doing, you can blow up the batteries easily. the boxes that i can think of that are offered in series and are unregulated currently are: the noisy cricket by jay bo, the hammer of god v2 (4 batteries here), and the Soulless Mod. There are probably a few others.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The big trick is to look up your battery ratings for what they are capable of, and some boxes will have a rating to watch out for as well. I personally run a .07 on my parallel box and have run a .17 on my series, but i made sure to be within the safe limits of my batteries and the boxes. I don't suggest trying to convert a parallel to a series unless you know exactly what you are doing, you can blow up the batteries easily. the boxes that i can think of that are offered in series and are unregulated currently are: the noisy cricket by jay bo, the hammer of god v2 (4 batteries here), and the Soulless Mod. There are probably a few others.

Just curious, what batteries are you using that can safely be used with that kind of load? Using two 25r's in series, at .17ohms, you are running 49.4amps @ 410watts with a -125% headroom. Even with a voltage drop to 7.4, you're still pulling 43.5amps, @ 322watts, with -98% headroom. Even with the LG HB6, you would still be exceeding the CDR. Won't get to many puffs before needing to re-charge the batts.

Also, with the noisy cricket which is basically two stacked smpl mods, that fire button would get so hot so fast you wouldn't be able to hold on to it.. lol

Last edited:

Tim at Soulless Designs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
The pulse rating for the different batteries is much higher than the constant discharge rate. That rating can be hard to find. You can't hold the button down for longer than the rated pulse time and do have to constantly monitor the battery temp etc. I don't recommend anyone try that or be unsafe in any manor.
As for the cricket, I haven't used one personally so I can't speak to it, but on the soulless mod the button contact is isolated by ultem from the button itself and never heats up. Battery life is definitely shorter.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The pulse rating for the different batteries is much higher than the constant discharge rate. That rating can be hard to find. You can't hold the button down for longer than the rated pulse time and do have to constantly monitor the battery temp etc. I don't recommend anyone try that or be unsafe in any manor.
As for the cricket, I haven't used one personally so I can't speak to it, but on the soulless mod the button contact is isolated by ultem from the button itself and never heats up. Battery life is definitely shorter.
Yeah, building to a pulse rate will discharge the batt pretty quickly. I've had good luck with the 25r's. Pretty durable. Nobody has used the noisy cricket yet, but soon. They should start arriving in mailboxes after Oct. 15th (according to Jaybo).

A series .5 build, 8.4 volts, 16.8amps, 141watts. Parallel .25 build, 4.2volts, 16.8amps 71watts (voltage drop not taken into account). More bang for the buck with series as far as the battery CDR, it seems. Battery life should be the same, according to steam engine.

Last edited:

Tim at Soulless Designs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well, the batteries in parallel have double the cdr of in series, so you can build much lower on a parrallel setup. Lets say your batteries are rated at 20amps cdr. In series you have 8.4 volts at 20amps max cdr. In parallel you have 4.2 volts at 40amps max cdr. The nice thing of series i found is it heats up quicker (this varies with build im sure). the down side is you are more limited on what you can build with a series.

LarryYo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know the American Muscle Supercharged is sold in series as well by gearspek

VU Sponsors