Become a Patron!

cherry bomber with a mad hatter rda

I want a great flavor build. Need help with a new build. I currently use 26 ga kanthol, 3mm build dual coil with 7 wraps

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a similar build except 2.4mm diameter in my Freakshow Mini now and the density is meh. I had a 0.35 ohm 24 gauge build in it prior and that gave me good density but drank juice and battery life. I would suggest a single parallel 26g but the 'hatter only runs dual airflow. Best flavor for me was a 0.4 ohm single parallel. You could cover the second air slot with some aluminum tape or just stuff some foil in the slot.

Edit: I just swapped out the dual coil 26 gauge build for a simple single 24 gauge 9 wraps on 2.4mm which came out to 0.7 ohms and the flavor is back in my Freakshow mini. You might try 8 wraps since your rda's chamber's larger. Don't try this with 26 gauge as it will come out too hot imo, you'd have to raise the ohms to cool things down for 26g. Even though my rda has single airflow option, I stuffed a wad of rolled aluminum foil into the second airflow slot just to minimize leaking. I think single coils are the way to go for above 0.3 ohm builds when using lower watts or a mech mod.

If you want max clouds and flavor, go for 24 gauge dual coil 3mm diameter 6 wraps for 0.25 ohms and be prepared to drip and charge often. Either way get yourself some 24 gauge wire.

Last edited:

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Watch this Rip Tripper video on the Freakshow Mini. Construction is identical to the Mad Hat except that your chamber is slightly larger. If you replicate his build, I would drop the ohms to 0.7 or 0.6 to compensate for your chamber.

VU Sponsors