Cherry Bomber

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I went with the guy at the shop and got a cherry bomber instead of the unregulated mod using a MOSFET. I knew it was a bad idea, they were the same price, but I took his word and got it after my unregulated box finally went out on me.. Which was like a beast box that used MOSFET protection. My biggest issue with this cherry bomber is the switch.. It doesn't always make a nice contact with the 510 when I press it.. You gotta get it JUUUUST right.. Second, I just threw a parallel 7 wrap of Nichrome80 in there and the switch gets hot, hot, hot when I press it.. Does anyone have a quick fix for this? Or should I go replace it with the other box?

Calls To Action! casaa.org

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A little bit more information would be helpful. First the coils.. the ohms would help. Or at least the gauge and mm wrapped around. Second is the batteries you are using.. Model, the charge on them. The last is if the box itself has a collapsed spring in the button.

Also, cherry bombers are known for having funky buttons. That could be part of it. But it shouldn't be all of it.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for leaving that out.. Should have known to put that. It's 2.5mm diameter.. 7 wraps for .2Ω batteries are AWT as my other mod took button top Samsung 25r's, this one is recommended for flat tips and these were the only ones they had. AWT 2600mAh and rated 40A, but probably a 20A battery. But I'm still safely under their limit. They were almost fully charged when I checked (4.11)

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh and 24g Nichrome80. I can get a good pull, but the second the switch begins to warm up and get hotter from there.

BornToDie423

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks. That'll narrow it down. The build is fine at .2 ohm. There is a solid possibility it is the spring in the switch. I'd check that first. Look to see if it's collapsed. If it isn't replacing it with a loaded spring may help. It's crazy how much of a difference that makes. I had a smpl with those little magnets in it.. after replacing them with a loaded spring I didn't get a hot button.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Somewhere here, I read the Cherry Bomber is the Bomb (literally!).

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll take it all apart at work and see if I can find a spring to replace it. Thank you, air! I'll post my updates.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the same problem and its all the usual cherry bomber. I went to the hardware store and bought a new spring. Bit bigger. It helps. I have the same batteries as well. Have you had it autofire on you yet?

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I've been looking for a new spring that will work perfectly. My biggest problem now is just that I can't get a good connection every time I press. It's hit and miss (sort of literally lol) and if you mean it getting stuck when I fire, then yes that's happened a few times haha.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same with me. I heard the magnet upgrade helps a lot but I dnt have myself. A flash light spring could too. Just a con with the cherry bomber. It's nice that is had no wires, but I think my nxt mod I'm gonna sacrifice some MOSFET and wires.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same with me. I heard the magnet upgrade helps a lot but I dnt have myself. A flash light spring could too. Just a con with the cherry bomber. It's nice that is had no wires, but I think my nxt mod I'm gonna sacrifice some MOSFET and wires.
Yes but from the heat delivered in that area, magnets can degrade. The old style Mini Maglites have springs that are good, but I went and bought one and it has a newer tiny spring.. So does the one at work lol. I just deal with the finicky switch for now. I probably won't use it as much now that I got my Sigelei 150w. And when it comes time for a new mod I'll probably get something with TC just to try it and a LiPo box.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bad the telsa 120w tc. Good mod. The wood breaks easy, suggest a metal telsa. Not wood. As for the cherry bomber, I'm in the se boat. I just deal with it till I get a new mod. The magnets will break eventually.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm loving the Sigelei so far. My first day vaping on her and I may switch to being mostly regulated from now on lol. And the battery life craps on my unregulated box. My TC mod will probably be a Sigelei

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always heard there great mods. I went to mechs and I like them better the the regulated. But that's just me.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I'll still enjoy finding that balance the way you do with mechs. Now my wire just needs to come in so I can start doing some claptons.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't tried those yet! What's the rave about ?

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flavor profile. The idea assuming Twisted Messes and others are correct is that the more juice channels the wire itself has the more the pronounced the flavor of the vape is. I've done some before, but not so well and on a mech where the ramp up time is incredibly slow. Battery and juice suckers I'm sure.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah. I only play with macro coils on my mech. Played with twisted once and didn't really enjoy it that much.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorite is a helix. Twisted 24g with two strands of 28g twisted into the grooves. More surface area = more vapor and flavor. Heats up quick and gets pretty hot.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha. Parallels are nice too. That's just to much for me.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The switch on cb sucks ass. I got the magnet set which i guess i somehow shorted on them causing the magnet to stick together no matter which way i turn em, rendering them useless.
I ended up making my own spring for the switch out of some thick almost like thixk paper clip type wire whixh stopped the switch from having any room to rattle so really it came down evenly... worked like a charm after that... only con to that would be it became a super hard throw, but i didnt mind it... someone who maybe didnt have as much power or maybe like an arthritis type of situation with weaker hands might not be able to use ot though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy crap. Genius

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wonder if it would be hard on my fractured thumb. It gives me problems from time to time. I put it through worse on a daily basis I'm sure. Thanks for that input, I'm curious to see how a coaxial cable would do.

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My cherry bomber worked great. The switch is finicky because the copper nut that threads on the 510 will move sometimes when switching attys. I frequently check to make sure the button hits flush onto the flat edge of the nut. Never had a hot button though. I put the magnets from vapehappy in as soon as I got it though.

I lost the tiny inssulator for the 510 positive pin. The threaded one that the pin slides up and down in. Anyone know where to get one? I saw on eBay but its for all the switch/510 parts and I can't afford 13$ at the moment.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only thing I found was a whole round of replacement parts. Not just the insulator. My 510 will do that as well. Seams to be a common problem

empt3

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wonder if I could trade it off as is? I divorced the sets of batteries so I couldn't even use it if I did have the insulator.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nobody really like the cherry bomber because all the problems that come with it. If I broke mine somehow, I'd buy something else.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Exactly as @empt3 said.. That was the biggest issue I had at first. I didn't see first off that there was a flat side to the 510 connection. I can get a good connection now, but learning muscle memory to get the right exact push every time is annoying lol. Definitely never getting a full mechanical box again lol. I'll get something that has a nice switch and MOSFET.

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha-ha. I second that!

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah while i was convinced i liked the cb and it held me down for a while as my strong suit for an adv, i was happy when i got the efusion.... i actually have to get used to not having to slam down on the switch at an angle now lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's a local company where I'm at that make amazing wooden boxes. Not sure they have MOSFET. I want one of them. I have too move my button around all the time to get a good connection and guess if it is hitting right. Hate it. Good cheap mod, but about it.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure it's fully mechanical.. If not it will need a MOSFET to handle the current that the switch can't.. Unless the switch is able to do so which I doubt. Make sure it will be safe to use!

ObxChef

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's legit. More legit then the cherry bomber. Haha

VU Sponsors