Become a Patron!

Chest cold or what?

Hey guys I'm new if I do or say anything wrong tell me , anywho about 4 days ago on vacation from work and just layed around for the better part of the day ,and ended up chain vaping my new staple staggered claptons all day ! lol and that was using either 0 nic and a some 3 mg nic , now by the end if the night or next morning , can't remember which it was ,but I found myself hitting my vape and almost choking when I exhaled like it was to much , then the next day I noticed I was coughing and some nasty green phlegm was coming up and I had that taste in the back of my throat like I was getting sick . Being the hypochondriac I am I think my lungs are full of fluid and I'm dieing lol but I really don't feel bad so I don't know , it's been about 3 days since that original morning I'm feeling somewhat better and haven't been vaping hardly any , kinda paranoid to, if anyone has any input it would be appreciated !

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys I'm new if I do or say anything wrong tell me , anywho about 4 days ago on vacation from work and just layed around for the better part of the day ,and ended up chain vaping my new staple staggered claptons all day ! lol and that was using either 0 nic and a some 3 mg nic , now by the end if the night or next morning , can't remember which it was ,but I found myself hitting my vape and almost choking when I exhaled like it was to much , then the next day I noticed I was coughing and some nasty green phlegm was coming up and I had that taste in the back of my throat like I was getting sick . Being the hypochondriac I am I think my lungs are full of fluid and I'm dieing lol but I really don't feel bad so I don't know , it's been about 3 days since that original morning I'm feeling somewhat better and haven't been vaping hardly any , kinda paranoid to, if anyone has any input it would be appreciated !

Well, you *might* have a cold, certainly... Or, after chain vaping using monstrous low-ohm coils, probably using monstrously high VG, you probably found your limit of inhaling vapor. High VG causes this sort of thing in a lot of people... or, in my own case, it makes me feel like I have a hairball in my chest that I CANNOT cough up no matter what, and then a massive asthma attack.

Lower wattage. Higher resistance. LESS VG. It is not necessary to cloud up the whole damn house just to use vaping to abstain from smoking.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the next day I noticed I was coughing and some nasty green phlegm was coming up and I had that taste in the back of my throat like I was getting sick . Being the hypochondriac I am I think my lungs are full of fluid and I'm dieing lol but I really don't feel bad so I don't know

This is the time to see a Trained Medical Professional and not use the Internet or a Vaping Forum to tell you if you are sick. Enough said.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unless your vaping green e-liquid, see a doctor.
If you are vaping green e-liquid, STOP IT that's food coloring and shouldn't be vaped.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Brand new member (Today) professing to be ignorant and new to vaping but using what I would say was advanced vaping lingo?

Sorry at the moment not buying it

"I was coughing and some nasty green phlegm "

Kinda thinking you are a ECF (or other Troll)

Never heard of symptoms quite like that with vaping.

Have you by chance been checked for STD'S?

Just Saying...............?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Brand new member (Today) professing to be ignorant and new to vaping but using what I would say was advanced vaping lingo?

Sorry at the moment not buying it

"I was coughing and some nasty green phlegm "

Kinda thinking you are a ECF (or other Troll)

Never heard of symptoms quite like that with vaping.

Have you by chance been checked for STD'S?

Just Saying...............?

He didn't say he was new to vaping... I gathered he was just new HERE.

But I think we need a sticky for new people with the standard health complaints:

"If you're vaping more than 50% VG on clapton alien zipper asshole racetrack locomotive coils AT 293 watts and .003 ohms and you start coughing... DECREASE WATTAGE AND VG AND INCREASE RESISTANCE."

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
He didn't say he was new to vaping... I gathered he was just new HERE.

But I think we need a sticky for new people with the standard health complaints:

"If you're vaping more than 50% VG on clapton alien zipper asshole racetrack locomotive coils AT 293 watts and .003 ohms and you start coughing... DECREASE WATTAGE AND VG AND INCREASE RESISTANCE."

Andria

Good Point and I agree.

Still watching through!

You guys are sarcastic fucking pricks, just fishing for a little info from someone , I was vaping me mod at 65 watts also not whatever ignorant number you decided to say, didn't have any I intention of "clouding up the whole house " God for fucking bid I found a flavor I like , note to self I'll get something that tastes like shit next time, boom problem solved , not one mother fucker replied and was genuine answer , everyone is sarcastic assholes

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatcha expect asking for medical advise on the internet from a non medical board?

You got some decent advice scattered in there.
whether you like it or not is up to you.

I wasn't so much as asking for advice as I was just seeing if someone else may had ever had this happen to them , like I think I just ended up vaping to much , like the flavor tastes great , like I'm just a normal guy I'm not a troll whatever the fuck that is I don't have any STDs , I may or may not have a cold but that's it . I'll deleate my account you guys obviously don't like outsiders in the cult

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think as some may have said HIGH VG juice will case issues some people.
And with vaping there is an acclimation period.
And as you said vaping can be overdone and cause some issues.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think as some may have said HIGH VG juice will case issues some people.
And with vaping there is an acclimation period.
And as you said vaping can be overdone and cause some issues.

Exactly. "Only" 65 watts??? That's ONLY 6 or 7 times the power I use, or 3 times the power my son uses, or you, Cromwell. If you vape more than 50% VG and you vape it over 20w, and you take more than maybe 10 hits a day... you really gotta EXPECT adverse effects. Now if you've been vaping for a few years and you know how to vape that way without suffering for it, wonderful. But it needs to be worked up to... SLOWLY.

As I KEEP saying... the industry has fucking run off and left new vapers in the dust, with all these monstrously powerful mods and DtL atomizers. It's only surprising that we don't see even more posts like this.

Vaping is less harmful than smoking, but that really isn't saying much -- playing in traffic is probably safer than smoking, but you don't get a free pass, on either car-dodging or massive-vapor vaping.

Andria

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Green phlem, honestly, sounds like an infection, which would of course have nothing to do with your vape...
Hope you're just fighting off a cold or flu or something.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wasn't so much as asking for advice as I was just seeing if someone else may had ever had this happen to them , like I think I just ended up vaping to much , like the flavor tastes great , like I'm just a normal guy I'm not a troll whatever the fuck that is I don't have any STDs , I may or may not have a cold but that's it . I'll deleate my account you guys obviously don't like outsiders in the cult
So how are you feeling, a few days later? I went through something similar, a few years back. When I got into mixing juice for myself, and running across so many really great recipes, I was vaping ALL THE TIME. My chest started hurting, I was coughing, breathing was painful... then one of my pals mentioned might have a sensitivity to higher VG juice, and suggested I test out that theory, by vaping high VG for a day, high PG for another day, then notice how I felt each day. I barely made it through the high VG day, my chest hurt so bad with each breath. From that point on, I stuck with high PG.

I still vape a lot, but I figured out the right blend for me, for the type of gear I prefer to use. I happen to prefer mouth to lung vaping, so using a higher PG works well in my case. This may or may not be what's going on with you, since you mentioned coughing up green stuff. Green stuff isn't a good sign, so yeah, get that checked by a doc.

We can certainly be a sarcastic lot, yes, but we're a pretty good group of people. Hang around, get to know us. You're welcome here.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Tpainerr

One thing to note it is difficult to diagnose vaping related issues over the internet.
There are so many different ways to vape and so many juices...

reaction to smoking is much more universal.
I mean a cig is a cig pretty much.
You do not have 5w cigs and 200w cigs.
Nor high VG cigs or High PG cigs.
You do have some differences with flavors and menthol of course but all pretty much the same.

Vaping effects different people differently.
And vaping is not for everyone. Or at least they may have to vape differently from others around them.

For me I am allergic to many/most commercial ejuice. Some ingredient.
Had I not very quickly started to DIY my own juice I would still be smoking.

I appreciate the last 2 comments and my apologises for having a bad attitude earlier. anyhow I layed the vape down for a few days besides a few pulls every now and then and as far as the congestion and stuff went that's gone, but I've also been fighting what I think is dehydration to , my lower back will start hurting the more I vape and I'm attributing it too dehydration from PG so I was actually going to try the opposite of what you suggested and try high VG, I don't know what to do man I hate cigarettes I don't wanna go back to them but Jesus it's just Issue after issue

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate the last 2 comments and my apologises for having a bad attitude earlier. anyhow I layed the vape down for a few days besides a few pulls every now and then and as far as the congestion and stuff went that's gone, but I've also been fighting what I think is dehydration to , my lower back will start hurting the more I vape and I'm attributing it too dehydration from PG so I was actually going to try the opposite of what you suggested and try high VG, I don't know what to do man I hate cigarettes I don't wanna go back to them but Jesus it's just Issue after issue

PG and VG are both hygroscopic -- they both cause or worsen dehydration -- in about equal measure; you don't notice it as much with VG because of its emollient effects, which actually makes it worse -- you really feel the dryness with PG, so you drink more liquids, which is what you should do -- non-caffeinated and non-alcoholic.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hope the high VG does work out for you, and if not, you can play around with different blends til you find what does. I'd hate to see you feel like you had to go back to smoking, too. Vaping is a lot of trial and error for a lot of us. Good luck!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PG and VG are both hygroscopic -- they both cause or worsen dehydration -- in about equal measure; you don't notice it as much with VG because of its emollient effects, which actually makes it worse -- you really feel the dryness with PG, so you drink more liquids, which is what you should do -- non-caffeinated and non-alcoholic.

Andria
MT Dew is an Excellent re-hydrator :rolleyes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hah, you wish! All that caffeine is just gonna make you pee it all back out again! :giggle:

Andria
Ahh but it is not as hig in caffeine as myths say.
They dropped the caffeine level quite a bit several years ago.

And I seldom drink any coffee.

Water kills thousands each year.

I have yet to hear of a MT Dew drowning.

While MT Dew caffeine content is higher than in most soft drinks, Pepsi Zero calories has FAR more caffeine than Mt. Dew.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh but it is not as hig in caffeine as myths say.
They dropped the caffeine level quite a bit several years ago.

And I seldom drink any coffee.

Water kills thousands each year.

I have yet to hear of a MT Dew drowning.

While MT Dew caffeine content is higher than in most soft drinks, Pepsi Zero calories has FAR more caffeine than Mt. Dew.

And Dr Pepper has more than Pepsi. I don't drink caffeinated sodas, at least no more than maybe 1 a month, if that; part of my fix for my sodium/potassium problem that developed when I started vaping was eliminating 80% of my caffeine intake, along with eliminating at least 50% of my sodium intake (and adding daily coconut water of course, for the potassium).

I also mostly abstain from sodas because of their sugar content, and artificial sweeteners are even worse for the body than sugar -- I drink tea (mostly decaf), so I'm in control of how much sugar goes in (not much anymore).

Andria

VU Sponsors