Become a Patron!

Chest tightness and cough since tanks

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I have been strictly rdas for the last two years. I just got a Boreas and merlin tank. I like them. The boreas has a dual 10 wrap 22g kanthal 2.5 ID build and the merlin a single 9 wrap or 10 wrap spaced ss316l 3.0 ID.

Since I have been using these my chest is really bothering and my wife is asking why am I coughing. Any ideas?

The rdas are mainly comp vape in 0.3 ohm range. I take large inhales so the ones I take from the tanks should nor be an issue.

The only thing I can think of may be the slight increase in restriction on the tanks.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you changed juice? Gone from higher pg to higher vg? I noticed the more vg juices i went to caused me to produce a lot of Phlem-causing me a lot of shortness of breath snd some coughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
^^^^What happened to Adam happened to me also. I found an increase in restrictions helped me. But lower VG to 70 or less helped even more.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't changed anything. It's the same recipes, nicotine flavors, etc. The only difference are the tanks and trying ss316l wire on one of them. This does remind me when I got my first rda, though. I am going back to rdas to see if this juice I haven't made in a while is the reason. It's still my same flavors though. I am also redoing the tanks.

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Some people find that they consume far more juice when using tanks because you don't have to redrip constantly...

Are you possibly consuming more juice now than prior?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some people find that they consume far more juice when using tanks because you don't have to redrip constantly...

Are you possibly consuming more juice now than prior?
Unsure. I thought about that. I know I do more at a sitting. It's probably that. I will go back to rdas for two days and that should fix it. I may try to go from 70 vg to 60 vg for one recipe and see what that does on a tank. I do know vaping anything higher than 70 vg on any device gives me lung issues.

They are sore right now. No tanks until Friday.

Thanks for the help.

Just ordered two more boreas. If I can't fix my issue going on the sell post.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One more thing, I have more issues with the boreas. Those dual 22g put the vapor out. I really try NOT to create super vapor. I am sure that's the problem, too much vapor I am not used to.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unsure. I thought about that. I know I do more at a sitting. It's probably that. I will go back to rdas for two days and that should fix it. I may try to go from 70 vg to 60 vg for one recipe and see what that does on a tank. I do know vaping anything higher than 70 vg on any device gives me lung issues.

They are sore right now. No tanks until Friday.

Thanks for the help.

Just ordered two more boreas. If I can't fix my issue going on the sell post.
VG seems to be the culprit here. go to a 50/50 mix and give it a shot. Some people report heaviness or problems with their lungs and High VG.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Have you changed juice? Gone from higher pg to higher vg? I noticed the more vg juices i went to caused me to produce a lot of Phlem-causing me a lot of shortness of breath snd some coughing.

Same here. I got some max VG juice not long ago and noticed I became a bit more "phlemy". My juice is usually in the 70 VG range.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just a thought, did you thoroughly clean them of machine oil? it only takes a very small amount to make you cough your lungs out.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet it's the VG-it took a bit for me to notice the phlem build up after i went high in VG. Ive since backed off snd it had helped.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found my problem. I was not using enough power for the coils. Increased power problem solved. Pretty stupid.

VU Sponsors