• Poll closed .

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
images-3.jpeg images-2.jpeg Have you had them? What age did you have them? I have never had the chicken pox as I was vaccinated fairly young. My brother did not have them and my sister has so far not had them either. Neither has my boyfriend. I am a hypochondriac when it comes to the chicken pox. I always have a huge fear I am going to get them being an adult and it is going to be do painful and terrible

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The shot for chicken pox is ridiculous. It is something you go through as a kid and get over with. This is going to lead to people contracting ot as adults and that is dangerous. It killed my dad. They brought him back, but his body was so torn down it flat lined him. When I was growing up it was like the south park episode. Hey your cousin got chicken pox's. Guess where you were sleeping over that weekend? I had the chicken pox and I had the German measles. I lived and so would all these other soft kids now a days. We are making things worse by using all these medications and shots. The viruses are just mutating to out do the medications. This is why the Dr. Doesn't hand out antibiotics like they did years ago. We live so clean and sterile that it is going to kill us. Part of the reason we survived things that killed off the Indians like small pox was because the native Americans were cleaner than the settlers and later Europeans. They were able to fight off illness easier because they were nasty. The Indians knew how to take a bath and keep up with them selves and it was their down fall.

Let your kids get chicken pox. Put them in their bed for 3-5 days with socks or mittens on their hands. It builds back bone and character
just my opinion. Fallow it as law or TITFA.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My parents surprisingly tried several times to have me contract chicken pox before I was vaccinated. I remember I was 6 & went to several play groups to get it. I think the chicken pox is one of those things you should get and just get it out of the way. I actually wish I wouldn't have been vaccinated for the chicken pox

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My dad thought he had chicken pox's as a kid. Ended up he was one of the few who had measles twice. He took care of me while I had the chicken pox and caught them. He was in ICU for 3 weeks. They were in his through, on his lungs, liver and kidneys. He almost didn't make it. A few years later he was diagnosed with cardial neuropathy, conjestive heart failure and another heart disorder I am not going to attempt spelling. It was due to the chicken pox. It was some crazy diseas people get when recovering from surgeries and major illnesses. Basically when you have a cold in your chest, little markers dot it and your body says shit we have to kill that. It kills it and tou het better. The disease he had that killed him did the same thing. Only they attach to your heart and they do not die and go away. It keeps attacking your heart untill it kills you. He was only 38 when he died and technically I killed him. Him and mt mother made a agreement that they would never tell me what caused the disease unless I asked if it was from that. So when I was about 21 (I was 16 when he dies) we were talking about my dad and him being sick. I asked if it was from when I gave him chicken pox and she told me.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The shot for chicken pox is ridiculous. It is something you go through as a kid and get over with. This is going to lead to people contracting ot as adults and that is dangerous. It killed my dad. They brought him back, but his body was so torn down it flat lined him. When I was growing up it was like the south park episode. Hey your cousin got chicken pox's. Guess where you were sleeping over that weekend? I had the chicken pox and I had the German measles. I lived and so would all these other soft kids now a days. We are making things worse by using all these medications and shots. The viruses are just mutating to out do the medications. This is why the Dr. Doesn't hand out antibiotics like they did years ago. We live so clean and sterile that it is going to kill us. Part of the reason we survived things that killed off the Indians like small pox was because the native Americans were cleaner than the settlers and later Europeans. They were able to fight off illness easier because they were nasty. The Indians knew how to take a bath and keep up with them selves and it was their down fall.

Let your kids get chicken pox. Put them in their bed for 3-5 days with socks or mittens on their hands. It builds back bone and character
The Indians died of chicken pox 'cause it wasnt a disease seen in North, or South America... They had no immunity to it.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My dad thought he had chicken pox's as a kid. Ended up he was one of the few who had measles twice. He took care of me while I had the chicken pox and caught them. He was in ICU for 3 weeks. They were in his through, on his lungs, liver and kidneys. He almost didn't make it. A few years later he was diagnosed with cardial neuropathy, conjestive heart failure and another heart disorder I am not going to attempt spelling. It was due to the chicken pox. It was some crazy diseas people get when recovering from surgeries and major illnesses. Basically when you have a cold in your chest, little markers dot it and your body says shit we have to kill that. It kills it and tou het better. The disease he had that killed him did the same thing. Only they attach to your heart and they do not die and go away. It keeps attacking your heart untill it kills you. He was only 38 when he died and technically I killed him. Him and mt mother made a agreement that they would never tell me what caused the disease unless I asked if it was from that. So when I was about 21 (I was 16 when he dies) we were talking about my dad and him being sick. I asked if it was from when I gave him chicken pox and she told me.
Wow to all of that. And it's not like you did that to him intentionally. And I'm sorry to hear that he died so young and you were so young. That had to be really hard. My dad did the same thing with my brother. Everyone agreed not to tell me if he left a suicide note unless I asked. Still doesn't make it any better

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know I didn't actually kill him. I took it that way for a while though. He always told me when I was little and acting up, you know son one day you'll be the death of me. Bet he never thought that it would be so close to the truth. If you are close to your dad and lose him young it is rough. I think one of the hardest parts it figuring out how to be a dad yourself as an adult. That guidance and a open ear isn't available. He lost his dad at 11 so he was milking it. He was a good man that didn't always do things the best way, bit he did what he thought was right. So that I what I was dealt and now I am milking ot with my boys lol. Trial and error. Do what he did that was good and try to change the things I didn't feel was right or fare. Me in my family die young and it is weird shit. My dad had the rare funky disease, his dad slid on a slightly frozen puddle and slid under a tractor trailer and died on impact. Turned a 71 impala into a hunk of metal the size of a Chevy chevett. His dad was 36 he was 38. If history fallows suit I got about 7 years and ill be gone. My dad and I swear it is a family curse. I don't have a issue with dying. It is the thought of leaving my boys behind in my situation at the ages of 12 and 15 that scares the hell out of me.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It might be a family curse because that is crazy insane. And just don't put yourself in the way danger hmmmm

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 12146 View attachment 12147 Have you had them? What age did you have them? I have never had the chicken pox as I was vaccinated fairly young. My brother did not have them and my sister has so far not had them either. Neither has my boyfriend. I am a hypochondriac when it comes to the chicken pox. I always have a huge fear I am going to get them being an adult and it is going to be do painful and terrible
I'm starting to get like that with shingles, a fear I'm going to get it. On the other hand, the shot costs $250, insurance doesn't cover it, and there is that big ad campaign to feed my fear...bastards. Not sure I'm quite old enough to get it anyway.
I got chicken pox when I was 3, both of my brothers and I at the same time. I did have to expose my kids to it and kind of hoped for the same...2 weeks of it with all of them and done. Nope. They all got it 2 weeks apart. In the summer, with one in a full leg cast. That sucked for everybody.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you've had chickenpox, there's no guarantee you won't get shingles later on in life. My sister had chickenpox in 3rd grade, she had an outbreak of shingles last year, it's really, really painful.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm of the generation where everyone got chickenpox! But I had my daughter vaccinated against it, as did all the other parents I know. And yes, I'm certainly high risk to get shingles now, whereas I believe my daughter is not, and if she did it would likely be less severe.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Chicken pox when young. Have had two single outbreaks and continuing bullshit from the chicken pox.
Seriously it is your call.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you've had chickenpox, there's no guarantee you won't get shingles later on in life. My sister had chickenpox in 3rd grade, she had an outbreak of shingles last year, it's really, really painful.
She could of gotten shingles from herpes 1 or 2...95% of adults have either 1or 2 and most don't even know it...I had Chickenpox, measles and mumps when I was a kid...I think vaccines are for the most part a waste of time...Smallpox being a exception due to the high death rate...the others are pretty low

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She could of gotten shingles from herpes 1 or 2...95% of adults have either 1or 2 and most don't even know it...I had Chickenpox, measles and mumps when I was a kid...I think vaccines are for the most part a waste of time...Smallpox being a exception due to the high death rate...the others are pretty low
The Varicella Zoster virus causes chicken pox and Herpes Zoster causes shingles in later life, it is part of the Herpesviridae DNA virus family.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Varicella Zoster virus causes chicken pox and Herpes Zoster causes shingles in later life, it is part of the Herpesviridae DNA virus family.
Yeah I know...I was just saying Chickenpox isn't the only Virus to give you the shingles...People who have had the Chickenpox vaccine can still have shingles from the Herpes 1 or 2...But I can see you know that :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm starting to get like that with shingles, a fear I'm going to get it. On the other hand, the shot costs $250, insurance doesn't cover it, and there is that big ad campaign to feed my fear...bastards. Not sure I'm quite old enough to get it anyway.
I got chicken pox when I was 3, both of my brothers and I at the same time. I did have to expose my kids to it and kind of hoped for the same...2 weeks of it with all of them and done. Nope. They all got it 2 weeks apart. In the summer, with one in a full leg cast. That sucked for everybody.
Strange, I just got the shot for shingles 3 days ago. After I asked if there were any side effect I should watch for and they told me none, but they said I still had a 50% chance of getting the shingles.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Strange, I just got the shot for shingles 3 days ago. After I asked if there were any side effect I should watch for and they told me none, but they said I still had a 50% chance of getting the shingles.
Then what was the point of the shot, other than to make you part with some of your money?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They didn't tell me it was only effective 50% of the time until after they gave it to me. I didn't get the flue shot because I heard it was not very effective this year.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Indians died of chicken pox 'cause it wasnt a disease seen in North, or South America... They had no immunity to it.
That was smallpox...We knowingly gave them blankets with it to kill them...Yes they got chickenpox and Measles but it was smallpox that really killed them in numbers

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is true.. smallpox is what we used. but they didnt have the other ones here then either.. In fact, they didnt have a lot of the diseases they had in Europe and Asia being isolated they way they were.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is true.. smallpox is what we used. but they didnt have the other ones here then either.. In fact, they didnt have a lot of the diseases they had in Europe and Asia being isolated they way they were.
I know... all of The"White man" diseases did a number on them but Smallpox has a very low recovery rate compared to the others...That's why we gave the smallpox blankets instead of chickenpox...Ect blankets...That was the secord time bio wepons were ever used... the first recored was slinging dead plagued bodies over castle walls

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Sad to say But I do agree with this and have said the same

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well hell. That's just nuts! I'll definitely pass for now.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have had the pox...hope I won't get the shingles, but hey, who knows.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't go see the doctor to get a shingles shot, I was there for other reasons and they asked if I wanted the shot. I remember my cousin when I saw him with the appearance of what looked like someone, poured gas on him, set him on fire and kicked him out of a moving car at 100mph. I remember asking him what happened to you? He told me had shingles.
I just now went to a web sites that had pics of people with shingles and they don't show anything like what my poor cousin had, He had sores from nose to toes. It didn't help that I saw him wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I worked in a retail pharmacy for 8 years. The worst thing I've experienced was a guy came in and said he needed these eye drops and handed me the prescription. He told me he couldn't find them anywhere. And his eyes were all blistery and red and swollen.well I just had to ask the guy what was wrong. Well just my luck his shingles had moved to his eyes. I freaked out after he left I went to the sink and scrubbed my hands and arms. When I went home I put those clothes in a bag till we could go to the laundromat. The crazy thing is pharmacies are pushing it just for the numbers. And it's an over 200$ shot out of pocket because so few insurances actually cover it

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All ready talked about.. Small Pox is just the one most talked about as it was used by the US Army about 100 years after the Revolution.. And it did kill the most.
The diseases brought to this continent by the Europeans included bubonic plague, chicken pox, pneumonic plague, cholera, diphtheria, influenza, measles, scarlet fever, smallpox, typhus, tuberculosis, and whooping cough. The diseases introduced in the Americas by the Europeans were crowd diseases: that is, individuals who have once contracted the disease and survived become immune to the disease. In a small population, the disease will become extinct. Measles, for instance, requires a population of about 300,000 to survive. If the population size drops below this threshold, the virus can cause illness and death, but after one epidemic, the virus itself dies out.

Another important factor in the European diseases was the presence of domesticated animals. The source of many of the infections was the domesticated animals which lived in close proximity with the humans.

Overall, hundreds of thousands of Indians died of European diseases during the first two centuries following contact. In terms of death tolls, smallpox killed the greatest number of Indians, followed by measles, influenza, and bubonic plague.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Animals and close quarters are huge factors in helping to carry out diseases. I'm actually not allowed to donate blood which pisses me off. I didn't find out until about 4 years ago I went in to donate blood. And they have a list of who they will not accept blood from. So I'm reading it I'm like okay well I don't have hiv or aids so I'm good. And that is the first on the list. And second is if you have lived in England from such and such a year. So I look up and I ask the lady what in God's name would it matter if I lived in England. Which I lived there from I believe 1992 - 1995. Well apparently good ol mad cow disease is the factor. Anyways that is my rant on animals sorry

Hey! I had chicken pox when I was 13 years old. I will be turning 24 this June. Few scars on my face is very obvious. I am planning to do a dermatology facial treatment in Richmond Hill. My friend has done a chemical peel treatment and says that it is very effective. Any thoughts or suggestion regarding this topic are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

bubbatx

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had chicken pox when I was 4 or 5. Then I had shingles when I was 18. No scars. Shingles didn't hurt but that might have been due to nerve damage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have had shingles twice. Thr first time for three years on my ribs. The second time, in January, on my face. That is dangerous because you can go blind if it gets in your eye. If you had chicken pox and have not had the shingles shot, get it. It's no guarantee but I will take that.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Animals and close quarters are huge factors in helping to carry out diseases. I'm actually not allowed to donate blood which pisses me off. I didn't find out until about 4 years ago I went in to donate blood. And they have a list of who they will not accept blood from. So I'm reading it I'm like okay well I don't have hiv or aids so I'm good. And that is the first on the list. And second is if you have lived in England from such and such a year. So I look up and I ask the lady what in God's name would it matter if I lived in England. Which I lived there from I believe 1992 - 1995. Well apparently good ol mad cow disease is the factor. Anyways that is my rant on animals sorry
Prion diseases just plain freak me the hell out.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In families who are mrsa carriers, the pets are the ones that need to be treated. Dogs especially. Pets reinfect the owners.

VU Sponsors