VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Remember a year ago we thought the DNA20 was amazing?

A year ago today the DNA30 had NOT BEEN RELEASED yet - and look at where we are now? With unregulated / mechanical tube mods fading its clear the community wants more and more power from regulated devices. China is more than happy to push the limits and has now broke the 250 watt barrier with the Joy4life 260. America needs to step up their game in the wattage market.

The best we have to offer is the DNA40. Sadly, slow and steady DOES NOT win this race.

Is all this power REALLY necessary? Not really - but I still think its pretty damn awesome.

lUNOddkND_I

Click here to get more information on this deal....

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm afraid one day one of these high powered devices is going to blow some kids face off then the media will say how those gas stations ecigs are highly dangerous.

dougward1960

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep no one will see you hitting that one

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If some TSA guy sees a Chinese sales rep whip one of those out, he will poop himself.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm afraid one day one of these high powered devices is going to blow some kids face off then the media will say how those gas stations ecigs are highly dangerous.
Actually, by design..a regulated mod prevents any such occurrence.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anybody ever change atties and forget to reset the watts? I've had twisted coils burst into flames. I tend to think that they should have a safety feature that whenever a mod set to over 50 watts sees a change in resistance, it would ask if you are sure that you want to do this.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anybody ever change atties and forget to reset the watts? I've had twisted coils burst into flames. I tend to think that they should have a safety feature that whenever a mod set to over 50 watts sees a change in resistance, it would ask if you are sure that you want to do this.
Or, temperature control, maybe? ;)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These stupendous increases in power output are to the vaping world what dB drag racing is to the automotive world: pointless, dangerous, and those who do it generally don't look terribly well endowed in the IQ department.

I fear that if these senseless devices become more common, it'll give all the more reasons to the regulator to step in and hurt everybody's freedom to vape as they see fit, in the name of protecting the stupid from themselves.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
These stupendous increases in power output are to the vaping world what dB drag racing is to the automotive world: pointless, dangerous, and those who do it generally don't look terribly well endowed in the IQ department.

I fear that if these senseless devices become more common, it'll give all the more reasons to the regulator to step in and hurt everybody's freedom to vape as they see fit, in the name of protecting the stupid from themselves.
Are you saying I look dumb when I am vaping on my 100 watt box mod? I think it is good there are more and more high wattage mods coming to market. We as vapors are the ones who will benifit the most. It will drive the price down when more companys all are releasing their products around the same time. I do agree safety is a big problem with so many high wattage mods coming out of china. But I do have a feeling that this so called race to high wattage will level out sooner than later. My last vape purchase was the sig 100 watt mod, I had to choose if I wanted 100, 150, or 180 watts, and I chose the 100 watt because I honestly don't think I will ever need or want anything over 100 watts. I think china will need to inovate as soon as the 100+ watt mods are everywhere.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Note that I said "generally" :) If you yourself are a responsible high-power vaper, more power to you. But I can't help but think of the cretins I've met at my local vape store who seem after more power, more cloud and more general obnoxiousness for ordinary people. These are the same kind of people who insist on driving with their window down and the radio blaring, pissing off the whole neighborhood on purpose, thinking they look pretty darn cool doing that.

I'm sorry to say, I've met more people like that using high power mods than reasonable-looking people. Sooner or later, one of these guys will hurt themselves in a spectacular way, and the anti-vaping media crapfest will begin again...

oneballerpf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Note that I said "generally" :) If you yourself are a responsible high-power vaper, more power to you. But I can't help but think of the cretins I've met at my local vape store who seem after more power, more cloud and more general obnoxiousness for ordinary people. These are the same kind of people who insist on driving with their window down and the radio blaring, pissing off the whole neighborhood on purpose, thinking they look pretty darn cool doing that.

I'm sorry to say, I've met more people like that using high power mods than reasonable-looking people. Sooner or later, one of these guys will hurt themselves in a spectacular way, and the anti-vaping media crapfest will begin again...
Very true.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Cretins? We all should be as sensible and intellectually gifted as you. Care to share some of your supporting data on the dangers and injury of vaping at high power on REGULATED devices in order to support your altruistic assessments regarding complete strangers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What makes a low voltage vaper LOOK reasonable. Explain this please.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Care to share some of your supporting data on the dangers and injury of vaping at high power on REGULATED devices in order to support your altruistic assessments regarding complete strangers?

Why, I don't know. Let's see... setting stuff on fire maybe? Getting sick because of vaping juice that's been chemically broken down by extreme heat? Damage from batteries that weren't designed for that much current?

Do you really think just because it's regulated, it's entirely safe? Arc welding stations too are regulated. That doesn't mean they're automatically safe.

What makes a low voltage vaper LOOK reasonable. Explain this please.

Ignoring the fact that voltage has nothing to do with anything, let me answer you with another question: do people who listen to music in their car with the original radio installed by the manufacturer at a normal volume look more reasonable than people who install giant loudspeakers in their trunk and blast the entire neighborhood with loud thump-thump-thumps?

Does this really need explaining? Really? Or are you just being disingenuous for the sake of argument?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I made no claims or judgmental adhominem, you did. Data please.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you saying I look dumb when I am vaping on my 100 watt box mod? I think it is good there are more and more high wattage mods coming to market. We as vapors are the ones who will benifit the most. It will drive the price down when more companys all are releasing their products around the same time. I do agree safety is a big problem with so many high wattage mods coming out of china. But I do have a feeling that this so called race to high wattage will level out sooner than later. My last vape purchase was the sig 100 watt mod, I had to choose if I wanted 100, 150, or 180 watts, and I chose the 100 watt because I honestly don't think I will ever need or want anything over 100 watts. I think china will need to inovate as soon as the 100+ watt mods are everywhere.

The price is not the point to be concerned about.. Exactly what @Giraut was mentioning - its a safety issue.. we are all concerned about the FDA hammer coming down - there has to be a end game where enough is enough.. We all vaped perfectly fine a year ago with 20 wats.. still stayed off analogs (which no longer seems to be the purpose - now it's all about cloud chasing)

the higher the power goes in devices that come out - the more I see something bad happening to people who just don't care safety or don't think its a big deal - I see way too many posts in FB vape groups with attys that are set on fire .. or crap batteries being used etc... The FDA must love seeing all of these devices coming out.. because they know its just a matter of time before an incident happens.. I'm hoping that it doesn't.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't support vapist profiling but they need to put those ultra sub ohmers on the no fly list. They are lurking around those head shops and vaping parlors spreading their teachings! They take the Vision Spinners from their sons and daughters and put mech mods in their hands! They creep into public events concealing their high powered boxes loaded with VG. They turn the very freedoms that we hold dear against us. Why won't the moderate vapers speak out against these extremists?

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, I pretty much wanna know too.. How, if you are using a regulated mod that, you know, has a cut off if amps get too high mean that you will 'catch fire' and 'damage batteries'?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't support vapist profiling but they need to put those ultra sub ohmers on the no fly list. They are lurking around those head shops and vaping parlors spreading their teachings! They take the Vision Spinners from their sons and daughters and put mech mods in their hands! They creep into public events concealing their high powered boxes loaded with VG. They turn the very freedoms that we hold dear against us. Why won't the moderate vapers speak out against these extremists?
Um, because what YOU advocate is CONTROL, not freedom... ?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Where do you read an ad hominem here? What data? What are you talking about?
Lol, just as I thought. Ya got nothing. Just opinion and judgement. Fair enough....have a lovely day.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, I pretty much wanna know too.. How, if you are using a regulated mod that, you know, has a cut off if amps get too high mean that you will 'catch fire' and 'damage batteries'?

I never specified they were using regulated devices in my post.. (if you were quoting me)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never specified they were using regulated devices in my post.. (if you were quoting me)

No.. not you.. This started it...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Championship drag racers are stupid is what he's saying...among other things. John Force has an approximate net worth of $12 million. This does not include his corporate worth which is SUBSTANTIALLY more.........Tony Schumacher, approximately $50 million........ALL HAIL THE STUPID!! How much did you make last year Girault?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Championship drag racers are stupid is what he's saying...among other things. John Force has an approximate net worth of $12 million. This does not include his corporate worth which is SUBSTANTIALLY more.........Tony Schumacher, approximately $50 million........ALL HAIL THE STUPID!! How much did you make last year Girault?

If you cared to properly read the posts you reply to before jumping on the keyboard, you'd have realized I was talking about dB drag racing - which has nothing to do with regular drag racing.

Feel clever now?

DeathMetal03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just over here puffing on my MVP wondering why there's even a race over cloud chasing. I own a mech and prefer the mvp to anything I've tried. I think that with higher watts there is going to be more risk of injury which in turn will cause regulation or worse - ban on ecigs in the U.S.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you cared to properly read the posts you reply to before jumping on the keyboard, you'd have realized I was talking about dB drag racing - which has nothing to do with regular drag racing.

Feel clever now?
Not quite as clever as you must feel judging people that you don’t even know with your less than knowledged assumptions. I sit corrected by the way....but my point still carries much water in that you are clearly more concerned with people accepting your opinions than you are with actual facts. I'm bored with this now, and frankly am glad that I am not burdened with your hangups about feeling superiour to those that willingly choose to vape they way they want. Here is an idea...worry about YOU, and less about everyone else? On second thought...I really cannae be ersed with what you do. Have fun, and remember that God Loves you!
U19ffjm.gif

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course you're bored with this: you just got caught red-handed talking BS. Ain't it annoying?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Of course you're bored with this: you just got caught red-handed talking BS. Ain't it annoying?
I also admitted I was wrong ("I sit corrected"). That is called humility. It must truly suck being you! I'll be sure you receive a new pascifier for CRUSHING THE FOGGY FRIAR!!!....lol....so sad.
Bye now 4 realsies.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being 'corrected' is not the same as 'talking BS'..

Look, just because you dont see a need for more wattage or bigger clouds, does not mean no one does. I bet that if you were around in the '70s, or would have been, you applauded the 55mph speed limit, correct? I mean, just 'cause you saw no need or felt unsafe to go faster means that everybody should also not go faster, correct?

"Jeez, what if the cops see people going faster than I think is safe and take away driving altogether! What fools these people are! Dont they know they are stupid?" :eek:

Ya, thats how you sounded.. :rolleyes:

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being 'corrected' is not the same as 'talking BS'..

Look, just because you dont see a need for more wattage or bigger clouds, does not mean no one does. I bet that if you were around in the '70s, or would have been, you applauded the 55mph speed limit, correct? I mean, just 'cause you saw no need or felt unsafe to go faster means that everybody should also not go faster, correct?

"Jeez, what if the cops see people going faster than I think is safe and take away driving altogether! What fools these people are! Dont they know they are stupid?" :eek:

Ya, thats how you sounded.. :rolleyes:

So seat belts, drivers education, school zones, stop lights, railroad crossings, speed limits, air bags, drunk driving laws, ect. are all just responses to the demands of stupid people? I tend to think that they are responses to the behaviors of stupid people.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think anybody is advocating that we all be pigeonholed to the lowest common denominator. But we said that we have it under control. We said that we would self-regulate. Some warnings and debate are good now and again, especially at the fringes like with this mod.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So seat belts, drivers education, school zones, stop lights, railroad crossings, speed limits, air bags, drunk driving laws, ect. are all just responses to the demands of stupid people? I tend to think that they are responses to the behaviors of stupid people.
Did I say 'stupid'? No, I said just because you think something is unsafe, does make it so, and your opinion should not trump on my rights. (you and yours not meaning you in particular) There are things in this world that you or I might think is totally stupid and really unsafe, yet many people do them everyday and have the right to do so.

BTW, speed limits, seat belt, air bags, helmets, TPMS :)rolleyes:), etc, etc, being mandatory were because of insurance. The rest are because doing these things could kill someone else besides you. Take drunk driving - Notice that its illegal to be above a certain alcohol limit, not simply 'drinking', AND driving on a public roadway. If you are drunk and drive on your own property, its still stupid in most peoples opinion, but perfectly legal.

Hartoled

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did I say 'stupid'? No, I said just because you think something is unsafe, does make it so, and your opinion should not trump on my rights. (you and yours not meaning you in particular) There are things in this world that you or I might think is totally stupid and really unsafe, yet many people do them everyday and have the right to do so.

BTW, speed limits, seat belt, air bags, helmets, TPMS :)rolleyes:), etc, etc, being mandatory were because of insurance. The rest are because doing these things could kill someone else besides you. Take drunk driving - Notice that its illegal to be above a certain alcohol limit, not simply 'drinking', AND driving on a public roadway. If you are drunk and drive on your own property, its still stupid in most peoples opinion, but perfectly legal.

What happens when you live in a nanny state and set off smoke alarms? You might as well deny that Obamacare exists.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
to be fair high wattage regulated devices are safer relative to mechs and thats the way people have been vaping high wattage for a while now. those people can now enjoy a fresh battery throughout the high wattage vape they do with a few added safety features. the problem is with mechs it was sort of something you had to learn how to get to high wattages through ohms law, battery safety, etc and i think new vapers could bypass that part of learning and jump straight into sub ohm high wattages. its up to the community to educate but not everyone is on the internet learning things

also people are mistaking more power for more value but thats a whole nother topic

VU Sponsors