Become a Patron!

China

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Since nearly all vaping gear and just about everything else we own including the computer or phone we are using to read this site were almost certainly made in China, I thought I'd make a thread about that country. This is a thread to post your opinions about China's economy especially the vaping industry and China's politics.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Forget about their politics, and economy, their air pollution is so bad they are closing factory's, and people are walking around with ventilation masks.

They are killing themselves, and besides air pollution their waters are polluted also. They dump all those hybrid batteries left over acid in their waters, and land fills that we send over by container to have those cells refurbished to send us back.

Efforts to lower China's air pollution levels have gotten more serious. According to the latest reports, Chinese environmental officials have resorted to shutting down factories to determine if they're following environmental laws.

FACING THE ISSUE
China’s air pollution has been a problem for decades now, but with the issue now drawing significant attention worldwide, the Chinese government has stepped up efforts to address it, even going so far as to sacrifice business for the sake of cleaner skies

China-smog-air-pollution-province-capital-Beijing-768439.jpg

Last edited:

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Forget about their politics, and economy, their air pollution is so bad they are closing factory's, and people are walking around with ventilation masks.

They are killing themselves, and besides air pollution their waters are polluted also. They dump all those hybrid batteries let over acid in their waters, and land fills we send over by container to have those cells refurbished to send us back.

Efforts to lower China's air pollution levels have gotten more serious. According to the latest reports, Chinese environmental officials have resorted to shutting down factories to determine if they're following environmental laws.

FACING THE ISSUE
China’s air pollution has been a problem for decades now, but with the issue now drawing significant attention worldwide, the Chinese government has stepped up efforts to address it, even going so far as to sacrifice business for the sake of cleaner skies

View attachment 95280

Real interesting post. I would love more information on Chinese business sacrifice for cleaner air. The only time I am aware of China shutting down business for cleaner air was preparation for the 2008 Olympics. The only other instances I am aware of are either temporary shutdowns when the air got really bad or just as economically motivated relocation usually to interior China. I would like more information on real business sacrifices.

Air in Chinese cities are so bad that apartment air filters are a common appliance in affluent and even some middle class homes.

China also mines 97% of the world's rare earth element supply which is extracted via fracking except that the waste is radioactive. This is probably greater global economic leverage than OPEC ever had with oil.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
electric-bath-duck.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hey the Asian people in my neighborhood walk around masks!
I think they just don't like smelling native Long Islanders, lol

VU Sponsors