Become a Patron!

Choosing a rebuildable tank (RTA) from the MANY choices?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to build my own deck and put it in a tank. This is the RDA made convenient = the RTA.
Many choices. I tend to give SMOK a chance, which leads to the RSBT 2. I've included a photo of the RSBT 2 deck below.
There is the Subtank Mini, which has a single coil rebuildable deck option.
There is the Lemo and Lemo Drop, both single coil deck like the Mini.
There is the Big Dripper.
There is a Kayfun option.
There are other less well known RTAs.
I will likely choose SMOK...just because I respect the company (it dares to innovate, to try something new...even if it fails, e.g., the XProM80 which is not the failure some would portray it as)...

rsbt 2.jpg

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I got sidetracked...anyway, I'm going with the RSBT 2 because I like the drip tip, the stainless sleeve over pyrex, the price, the originality (not a clone), and because I have a masochistic streak...

Any OBJECTIONS? Speak now, or forever hold your peace!!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
YiLoong Fogger V6.0 is my every day tank. Lemo 2 should be released soon and it looks so good to me I think I'm going to be getting one. Contemplated a Kayfun V4 but declined due to air flow and just too many parts.

CraxyBoxMaker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive got a billow and a delta 2 tank and a sub mini... so far delta 2 then subtank then billow in my options of flavor to clouds the mini has good clouds and great flavor the delta is the odd one good flavor a little lower the clouds then the sub but great clouds and the billow... ok flavor but really good clouds just my 2 cents

IX of XIII

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get some pretty good clouds with my Delta 2 RBA if I build below 0.6 ohms

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm having a horrible time finding a goblin or silverplay actually in stock anywhere!

latinouno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use billow as my go to rta but for single coil build, I'm waiting for the lemo v2.

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're looking for your first RTA, I can't recommend the Lemo Drop enough. I'm new to the Vape scene but I've been getting great results on the Lemo Drop from day 2 or 3. Very easy learning curve for a single coil RTA. I also own a Aqua V2 clone which I like, but took about two weeks of experimenting with to get the same results as the Lemo. I love both tanks, but I'm really glad I started with the Lemo first. Had it been the other way around it may have turned me off of RBAs from the get go.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're looking for your first RTA, I can't recommend the Lemo Drop enough. I'm new to the Vape scene but I've been getting great results on the Lemo Drop from day 2 or 3. Very easy learning curve for a single coil RTA. I also own a Aqua V2 clone which I like, but took about two weeks of experimenting with to get the same results as the Lemo. I love both tanks, but I'm really glad I started with the Lemo first. Had it been the other way around it may have turned me off of RBAs from the get go.
I'm leaning toward the Drop also, but there are so many possibilities! The reason I lean toward the Drop is that RIP Trippers demonstrates an Ni200 build on a Drop, and claims it has very good flavor (not as good in the cloud department but not bad). Or should I wait for the V2? I think not. I can have the Drop for less than $30 total. But I won't decide right now.
Me with my Provari Mini and Smok Micro GDC (1.8 ohm BDC) enjoying some sunshine in the snowscape:
vapepond3.jpg

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's the RIP Trippers Ni200 Lemo Drop build tutorial...
I'm leaning 95% toward the Lemo Drop...

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
I have been using a goblin as well, with the huge airflow to it and four solid posts, . Plus mine came with the kit to make it 5ml, if I remember correctly. Very good price. Excellent vapor production. Super easy to build as well, looks kinda similar to the billow.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if you are leaning towards the lemo drop i really recommend you wait on the lemo v2. height is about in the middle of the lemo and lemo drop, they added top filling, better afc, and higher quality machining. reviewers just recently got theirs so they should be making their way to the market soon

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I finally CHOSE!! I wanted to start SOMEWHERE!! So, I am starting my RTA collection with the LEMO DROP (28.95 total price at http://www.vapercompany.com/Eleaf-Lemo-drop-RBA-p/e16lemodrop.htm). The GOBLIN called to me (I think the airflow is better and the dual coils would create more vapor) and the BILLOW attracted me as well. Then there was the WAITING option...
In the meanwhile, I have my Smok GCT and (Authentic) Hana Modz V4S set at 430 degrees and 22 watts to comfort me...

bestnshades.jpg

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good luck with it Woodsman. The Lemo Drop is a solid, easy to build single coil tank. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

On a side note, that's a good looking pooch you got there. You both seem to handle the cold weather better than I do.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck with it Woodsman. The Lemo Drop is a solid, easy to build single coil tank. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

On a side note, that's a good looking pooch you got there. You both seem to handle the cold weather better than I do.
Pooch + Hana Modz clone ($62 total) + Smok Micro GDC 2.0 ohm coil, 4.5 watts, 70VG/30PG juice...the Micro GDC looks similar to the Nautilus and functions about the same, but I like the shape and feel better...and for everyday vaping, I find 4.5 watts to be just right for a casual vape...Sub Ohming has its time and place, of course. And yes, I feel good about the Lemo Drop choice. I like the single coil simplicity. Goblin was second choice, Billow third. Six of one, or half dozen of the other????SamHM.jpg

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the first version bro
Thanks. I really do like the Goblin. It's a real solid unit. I'll check out the Goblin V 1.2 for reference, although it will likely be awhile before I purchase a second RTA.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was in the same quandary as you with my next Atty purchases. I ordered a Mutation X V4 RDA from FT.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors