Become a Patron!

Choosing a second APV

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been using a MVP 2 which I have no complaints about. I'd like to get another mod that fits comfortably in my hands (tubular) and is a step or so above the MVP. I hear lots of holy grail compliments about Provari. It's expensive but I don't mind saving my $$$ to get one more good mod rather than buying a slew of mediocre ones. I don't go for bells and whistles. Just a straight ahead good and full, tastey vape. Any suggestions for me? Ideally. I'd love to get with the folks at "u do-it electronics" and build my own piece. But until then.....muth

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are not a watts vaper, then without a doubt the provari is awesome! Nice hit, very minimal battery drop. It is worth the money. But if you dont want to spend the money, Vamo's are great, so are the teslas. There are alot of wonderful fairly inexpensive mods that are comparable to the MVP2.

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have heard good things about the vamo v5. My buddy just purchased the Sigelei zmax and hated it. If you want to get higher watts think about getting a dna 30 clone by cloupor. My girl has the MVP v2 and she is always stealing my dna clone. The dna clone with a kayfun, now that's a home run. You wouldn't be disappointed. And because it's higher watts you wouldn't have to upgrade in the future (if you wanted to get into rda's and rba's).

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I scoffed at the price of the Provari at first. Then I did the math. Pay $150 up front for something that will give me years of trouble-free use. Or buy a new $40 - $60 Chinese mod every six months or so after the previous one fails. Could not be happier with the Provari. Does everything I need it to do. And I know if I ever have an issue it will be fixed. I did buy a second one of course. No matter what you ALWAYS need a back-up just in case.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Second the provari.. I spent so much money on mods that lasted 3-6 months (including 2 mvps) .. i was sick of it!

I bought the provari and I wish I had done it a lot sooner... best money I ever spent on a mod. You get what you pay for especially with vape gear lol.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Second the provari.. I spent so much money on mods that lasted 3-6 months (including 2 mvps) .. i was sick of it!

I bought the provari and I wish I had done it a lot sooner... best money I ever spent on a mod. You get what you pay for especially with vape gear lol.

LOL sounds similar to my journey. Treated myself to an MVP at my one year anniversary. Bought a second two weeks later. First one died after 6 weeks and I had it replaced under warranty at my local shop. Sold it before I ever opened it. Bought a Tesla. Was a nice device just a little big. Sold it and said the hell with it and drank the kool-aid. Sold the second MVP and a bunch of mechs and drank another glass of kool-aid. Could not be happier with my decision. Now of course my gf has her eye on a white and purple mini Provari.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL sounds similar to my journey. Treated myself to an MVP at my one year anniversary. Bought a second two weeks later. First one died after 6 weeks and I had it replaced under warranty at my local shop. Sold it before I ever opened it. Bought a Tesla. Was a nice device just a little big. Sold it and said the hell with it and drank the kool-aid. Sold the second MVP and a bunch of mechs and drank another glass of kool-aid. Could not be happier with my decision. Now of course my gf has her eye on a white and purple mini Provari.

Not going to lie.. I was looking at the gunmetal one yesterday.. thing is so purdy!!

I have my 30w e-mech transformer box mod arriving today so I get to play with that when I get home- otherwise I might have pulled the trigger on another one myself.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not going to lie.. I was looking at the gunmetal one yesterday.. thing is so purdy!!

I have my 30w e-mech transformer box mod arriving today so I get to play with that when I get home- otherwise I might have pulled the trigger on another one myself.

Oh I so much want a gunmetal with blue LED. I'm gonna wait until Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and maybe buy an early 2 year anniversary gift. Depending of course on the price and features of the P3.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I so much want a gunmetal with blue LED. I'm gonna wait until Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales and maybe buy an early 2 year anniversary gift. Depending of course on the price and features of the P3.

yea exactly.. the specs on the Pv3 is what i'm waiting for.. if its nothing special it will be the perfect time to get another v2 for a reduced price..

personally I don't care about having 50w or VW or any of that so the v3 might not even be that enticing to me

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yea exactly.. the specs on the Pv3 is what i'm waiting for.. if its nothing special it will be the perfect time to get another v2 for a reduced price..

personally I don't care about having 50w or VW or any of that so the v3 might not even be that enticing to me

From what I have been told from a very good and reliable source the P3 will be VW. But it will also be bashed by the critics because it doesn't have some of the newest features of other VV/VW mods currently on the market. My guess is it will be a 20w device.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I have been told from a very good and reliable source the P3 will be VW. But it will also be bashed by the critics because it doesn't have some of the newest features of other VV/VW mods currently on the market. My guess is it will be a 20w device.

honestly, its a very little gripe but I just want it to have ego threading without a damn adapter lol..

VU Sponsors