Become a Patron!

choosing nicotine levels

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I vape @3mg, I vape between 0.10-0.20ohms. usually lower than 0.20 because I like the burning feeling in my throat., tongue etc. so, if I were to raise my ohms to say... 0.45± ohms and raise my nicotine to 6mg, would I get the same thing from the 0.2 and lower with 3mg? I feel like 3mg is not enough but 6mg is way way to strong. sometimes I find my self feeling like I'm vaping too much or not enough. guess I'm just loco...

get N sub Ω low...

️Cloud Chasing

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The question cannot be answered in terms of ohms and mg. For instance, I have a .45 ohm build in a Subzero 24 on a Broadside stack I would never think to use with 6 mg. At the same time, I have a .4 build in an eGo ONE that shines with 12 mg in MTL mode.

Both, however, are built to deliver similar warmth at very different voltages.

Learn to build to suit your needs, and the atomizer/mod you're using... start over at steam-engine.org, and keep an eye on the heat flux. I like to hover around 240.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's only too much if you're feeling sick, dizzy, jittery -- signs of nic overdose. Too much vaping in general might make you cough, or congested, or have a burning throat/sinus. if you aren't having any physical signs of overdoing it, why fucking worry about it, just to be worrying about SOMETHING? If you weren't vaping enough, you'd wanna smoke.

I can't really say how the resistance and nic level would affect *you*; I've personally never vaped at that low a resistance, but I can't see how .2 ohm could make that big a difference in nic absorption. Try it and see. The only way to know how any of this affects YOU is to try it yourself.

Andria

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I explain build/resistance/vapor and nicotine to people by comparing it to alcohol. Higher nic = higher alcohol. If a MTL clearo with a 2.2 Ohm coil is a coffee stirrer sippy straw, and a wide open RDA with a .15 Ohm coil is a funnel... well, you can get the same effect using bourbon with the sippy straw as you could guzzling beer through a funnel. Likewise, you'd make yourself sick or dead pouring bourbon through a funnel, and just frustrate yourself with beer and a sippy straw. In the middle are the schnapps and cocktails... go ahead and drink those through a regular straw :) comparable to something like the Kanger Subtank or Aspire Atlantis. Likewise, use higher nic in the MTL tank, much lower nic in the wide open RDA with the low build. Use middling nic in the middling tanks with the middling builds.

If you're just trying to get rid of nic cravings, consider that each cigarette delivers about 1 mg nicotine. Vapor is metabolized at about 75-80% the efficiency of combustible tobacco. If you smoked a pack a day, you'll want to vape about 1 ml of 24 nic, 2 ml of 12 nic, 4 ml of 6 nic, and 8 ml of 3 nic to get a comparable amount of nicotine. Any more than that, and you'll likely experience some symptoms...

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
It’s a pretty personal thing. You really need to experiment to see what works best. For me no matter what ohm, what tank, what type of coil, what mod, etc I always vape at 3mg - dripping, rta, mtl ... its all the same to me ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If you're using it in the same setup it's possible but try different coil inner diameters as flavor will change a bit, you'll also want to close the airflow a bit if possible.

What atty are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Personally I use 3mg in my RDA @.25 and have a separate RTA for 6mg with a single coil parallel build @.4

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always vape at 3mg - dripping, rta, mtl ... its all the same to me ...

Same here with the 3MG and after being at this level for years thinking I may double up and see if I vape less or just getting immune.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so I vape @3mg, I vape between 0.10-0.20ohms. usually lower than 0.20 because I like the burning feeling in my throat., tongue etc. so, if I were to raise my ohms to say... 0.45± ohms and raise my nicotine to 6mg, would I get the same thing from the 0.2 and lower with 3mg? I feel like 3mg is not enough but 6mg is way way to strong. sometimes I find my self feeling like I'm vaping too much or not enough. guess I'm just loco...

get N sub Ω low...

If you're vaping a mech mod at about 0.15 ohms you're at around 85 watts. 0.45 ohms is around 30 watts. You're going to want a different coil setup for each to be good at each wattage and probably change your draw speed and maybe the air flow to match the draw. IMO the biggest variable to how much juice you're going to vaporize per second is the wattage, so my bet is you might find the 6mg/ml TH a bit low at 30 watts. 0.3 ohms is about 40 watts.

If you're vaping a regulated mod the resistance will not directly affect the watts, but you'll probably find you'll do better with thinner wire at lower watts (same as with a mech mod) and you'll probably end up with higher ohms because of that. It's the same as with a mech mod in that you want to set up the build to be good at the watts you're going to be using. The difference is you will dial down the watts instead of the higher resistance changing the watts.

There is also the draw length to consider. If you do short draws at high power you might find you draw a bit longer at lower power.

In the end you'll just have to experiment with it and see how it goes for you. If you try it, let us know how it works out for you.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can also increase throat hit a bit using higher pg though the cloud size will likely decrease just a tad. Another thing to try if the nic itself feels like it's not enough, mix equal parts 3mg and 6mg to find a happy medium around 4.5mg. Increasing pg may do the trick though if 6mg is too strong, adding a bit of throat hit without messing with the nic levels.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can also increase throat hit a bit using higher pg though the cloud size will likely decrease just a tad. Another thing to try if the nic itself feels like it's not enough, mix equal parts 3mg and 6mg to find a happy medium around 4.5mg. Increasing pg may do the trick though if 6mg is too strong, adding a bit of throat hit without messing with the nic levels.

Yes, PG can definitely contribute to better TH -- but also: FLASH! I've used that stuff ever since I first started, since I never could use very much nic.

Andria

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, PG can definitely contribute to better TH -- but also: FLASH! I've used that stuff ever since I first started, since I never could use very much nic.

Andria

3-5 drops of Flash goes into every tankful.

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for me the only difference between 3 and 6 is how much i vape per day. it takes a day or two to get over the difference in flavor and throat hit, and then its just the amount i use per day that is different.

i prefer 6 in my normal setups (hog v3 at .28 ohms, parallel at .1, series at .38ish, tubes closer to .2) because i go through 30ml a day of 3mg, and i cant put my mod down. on 6mg i can get all nic'ed up and put my mod down for an hour before i think about it again. for work situations, i have a few mtl setups (ranging from .7 to 1.2 ohms at ~4v on a little regulated device) that i use the highest nic i can get, usually 12 and 18 (selection of juices higher than 3mg is quite limited locally).

because juice over 3mg is becoming more and more difficult to find locally, i buy 100mg nic so i can fix it when i get home and make it into 6 or 18 or whatever i want.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DIY and you don’t have to stick to 3, 6..... I vape 2mg. Just going up to 3 is too much. Fine tune that stuff. Good luck.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I drip at 6mg. I started dripping @ 12 mg. Only then stay I stop using tabacco. Dipping a can of cope a day plus a half pack of smokes I needed higher nic content. I kept hearing people say only drip 3 or 1.5 and the truth is had I followed that advice I'd be smoking and never have stopped. It's all so subjective. Vape the way that works for you. All these tutorials and vape vids and how tos are subjective. Vape your way what works for you.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors