Become a Patron!

Christmas 2018 - What's on your list?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
big time. The first thought that went through my mind was I need to find a different job. The only thing holding me back is I like the people and atmosphere here. As an engineer anywhere else, I could get quarterly bonuses plus a Christmas one.

I'm pretty pissed. My boss said the CEO is stressed because he doesn't want people to be mad. Of course they're going to be mad. A lot of people count on it for christmas presents and such. Especially people like me, who live paycheck to paycheck.
I know what you mean man. Check to check sucks

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just found out my employer is not giving out any christmas bonus this year. We (engineering dept.) saved this company hundreds of thousands this year. At least give us something. Sorry, I had to vent somewhere.

5 more days...
Spent the last quarter century of my career as senior designer in an engineering department. Nobody at that company ever received a Christmas bonus except for a ham (and a turkey at Thanksgiving). Never bothered me because there never were any expectations. But I guess my ass would be chapped if the company usually gave out Christmas bonuses then didn't for some reason.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just found out my employer is not giving out any christmas bonus this year. We (engineering dept.) saved this company hundreds of thousands this year. At least give us something. Sorry, I had to vent somewhere.

5 more days...

It sucks that they won't give out bonuses, but to have that as traditional in the past and then just NOT do it without saying anything so people can make other plans, is a stingy and chicken-shit thing to do. Dude should have let you know as early as possible. You could have made some orders with QVC and used their easy pay plan or something. Damn. It sucks ten times as bad to find out right here at the last minute, when you don't have time to react or plan.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm expecting to get a gift card from my boss, for my local vape shop. proly $100. idk what I will get.
a $50 mod for $90. or $30 in juice for $100. maybe a new RTA.
$100 in a B&M doesn't go far.
oh well, is what it is.

the good side. I will try some sample juices.

turns out, I didn't get a gift card. he said he went to buy one, but my shop doesn't have them. so I will just buy myself $100 worth of stuff online, yippy !

and gave my wife $100

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A Vapedroid X1C2-B...... A Black model ....

31b9b3792e9d4c5a194a0eb1ca7ed763.jpg

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

5 more days...

Yeah, we got our “Success Sharing” checks at work...if we make anything above 95% of our planned goal, that money goes to the employees (en lieu of having a employee discount program), and out of the $13,500 our store received, I got a whole $45 and then it was taxed as a bonus, which was 40% or something and I end up less than $30 for a 6 month success sharing check. I’d almost have rather gotten nothing, because that’s just a freaking insult.
“Oh, thank you so much for your hard work...for the past 6 months you’ve been doing so well, we decided to give you enough money that will let you buy approximately a weeks worth of energy drinks out of the vending machines”. Corporate bean counters can bite my ass.
As for the thread topic, I don’t recall if I mentioned I got another gift for myself in...the Dead Rabbit RTA.
45add6bf1b043e3f237dc50e7e6d8bcb.jpg

98fde476321201be409891478a34a0d4.jpg

And of course, I bust the 4.5ml bubble glass for it immediately, but found a B&M locally that sells replacement glass and so I got one, so, now I have an impregnated Dead Rabbit RTA
85af01134065737254a099459872e2a5.jpg

Failure is a much better teacher than success

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, we got our “Success Sharing” checks at work...if we make anything above 95% of our planned goal, that money goes to the employees (en lieu of having a employee discount program), and out of the $13,500 our store received, I got a whole $45 and then it was taxed as a bonus, which was 40% or something and I end up less than $30 for a 6 month success sharing check. I’d almost have rather gotten nothing, because that’s just a freaking insult.
“Oh, thank you so much for your hard work...for the past 6 months you’ve been doing so well, we decided to give you enough money that will let you buy approximately a weeks worth of energy drinks out of the vending machines”. Corporate bean counters can bite my ass.
As for the thread topic, I don’t recall if I mentioned I got another gift for myself in...the Dead Rabbit RTA.
45add6bf1b043e3f237dc50e7e6d8bcb.jpg

98fde476321201be409891478a34a0d4.jpg

And of course, I bust the 4.5ml bubble glass for it immediately, but found a B&M locally that sells replacement glass and so I got one, so, now I have an impregnated Dead Rabbit RTA
85af01134065737254a099459872e2a5.jpg

And liking it right !!!!!
dfb708a65bc1cfbb5035b6b56549344e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And liking it right !!!!!
dfb708a65bc1cfbb5035b6b56549344e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Damn straight! You can’t even get this thing to intentionally leak (unless it’s from not having the glass securely in the correct place). I haven’t used anything but an RDA for so long that I made the mistake of purging before taking my hit and almost melted my face off with the way the air flow is angled on this thing, but it’s probably the best flavor chasing setup I’ve got, though I lost a bit of cloudage, the not having to constantly drip is definitely a big plus. I tried it out on the Mech I’m using at the moment (Purge Pyramid)
15882bcd3b833c7a3098c82ab38bad45.jpg
, but it just looked a bit wonky and I’m really trying to get myself back on the regulated bandwagon with my Voopoo Drag, so, that’s what I’m running it on...
b52ea4f24d9dbeda0d5f75abb1acd520.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
big time. The first thought that went through my mind was I need to find a different job. The only thing holding me back is I like the people and atmosphere here. As an engineer anywhere else, I could get quarterly bonuses plus a Christmas one.

I'm pretty pissed. My boss said the CEO is stressed because he doesn't want people to be mad. Of course they're going to be mad. A lot of people count on it for christmas presents and such. Especially people like me, who live paycheck to paycheck.

You got Jelly of the Month Clubbed!

HvG9tK3.gif

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got done opening what I actually got at my parents’ place and they said they had no clue as to what in the world I’m vaping, but they stole one of my Sony VTC5a’s and one of my iJoy 20700 batteries and got me 4 more of each. Batteries have a tendency to disappear around here, so, not all that much, but something I needed...
Merry Vapemass to all and to all a good cloud!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2 gallons of VG, flavorings, and gonna order my first brand new authentic (American) mechanical mod today, And a build mat...and Helicon Focus for getting good pictures of coils and stuff

Uhhh and 3 clone atomizers, and 10 small clearomizers for vaping CBD liquid, and some CBD isolate...and a bunch of misc. wire...got myself a bunch of stuff for Christmas x/

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2 gallons of VG, flavorings, and gonna order my first brand new authentic (American) mechanical mod today, And a build mat...and Helicon Focus for getting good pictures of coils and stuff

Uhhh and 3 clone atomizers, and 10 small clearomizers for vaping CBD liquid, and some CBD isolate...and a bunch of misc. wire...got myself a bunch of stuff for Christmas x/

Can’t drop a bomb like that and not tell us what Mech it is you’ve got your eye on.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m wondering if I can’t update my firmware/software for my Voopoo Drag via my brand-spanking new XBox One X...yeah, shameless name drop, I know, lol. Waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2 to finish installing and then gonna install Fallout 76 *Bliss*
13040db9f620e66e722cda1229d33cba.gif

VU Sponsors