Become a Patron!

Christmas Menu

D

Donald Bickers

Whats everybody having for dinner tomorrow
we are just keeping it simple,Ham on the grill with potato salad and baked beans,coconut cake for desert,and im gonna cook a turkey in the grill for a buddy of mine.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Cornish hens, marinating in some jd, with pineapples, oranges and cloves..
oyster dressing, green bean casserole with ham and onion bits.. cranberry sauce..
some hot apple pie and shine for desert.. simple ;)

D

Donald Bickers

56BpnWF.jpg

this is the grill im using,just like deep fried ,,,,without the mess.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What kind of grill is that anyway?

This morning I picked up a nice sized boneless prime rib and I am in the process of marinating it now. A mixture of Herbs and Mesquite then a herb rub before roasting tomorrow.

Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes, Broccoli Florets, Crescents, Cabernet Sovereign and whatever the guest bring for desert.

French drip coffee and hard cider before dinner depending on the time of day and brandy with coffee after.

Then Tums.

D

Donald Bickers

What kind of grill is that anyway?

This morning I picked up a nice sized boneless prime rib and I am in the process of marinating it now. A mixture of Herbs and Mesquite then a herb rub before roasting tomorrow.

Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes, Broccoli Florets, Crescents, Cabernet Sovereign and whatever the guest bring for desert.

French drip coffee and hard cider before dinner depending on the time of day and brandy with coffee after.

Then Tums.
Its the Big Easy smoker ,grill,roaster........its awesome UncleRJ

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Skirt steak on the grill, it's marinating right now. Sliced thin with a saute of garlic, onion, crimini and button mushrooms. Possibly yukon gold mashed potatoes but I won't bother if Son #2 doesn't show. Homemade roasted red pepper hummus with crunchies for appetizer or if someone gets hungry between breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is gravy biscuits and optional eggs.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I do always purchase a larger roast than needed. What kind of E-Liquids are you bringing to buy your way in?:p

how many people will be there?
to bring my big bottles.. or stick with the smaller ones.. hmm..

i have some herbals, fruits, and some really nice tobbies i have been tinkering with lately.. ;)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
how many people will be there?
to bring my big bottles.. or stick with the smaller ones.. hmm..

i have some herbals, fruits, and some really nice tobbies i have been tinkering with lately.. ;)

I am the only vaper here. Bring the Big Bottles as I have found that the Orchid really goes through the liquid quick!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Skirt steak on the grill, it's marinating right now. Sliced thin with a saute of garlic, onion, crimini and button mushrooms. Possibly yukon gold mashed potatoes but I won't bother if Son #2 doesn't show. Homemade roasted red pepper hummus with crunchies for appetizer or if someone gets hungry between breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is gravy biscuits and optional eggs.
Daughter #1 is on her way. The possibility of mashed potatoes should come to fruition...please.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cornish hens, marinating in some jd, with pineapples, oranges and cloves..
oyster dressing, green bean casserole with ham and onion bits.. cranberry sauce..
some hot apple pie and shine for desert.. simple ;)
address please!!

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nevermind...I'll just meet up with you at Uncles house,then we'll come back for pie and shine.:D:D

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ham and Turkey with dressin,potato salad,green beans,deviled eggs,basically Thanksgiving all over again.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Daughter #1 is on her way. The possibility of mashed potatoes should come to fruition...please.
You got it. Our new-found love of grilled skirt steak is all your fault anyway. :) Try it, you'll like it she says....

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nevermind...I'll just meet up with you at Uncles house,then we'll come back for pie and shine.:D:D

Gotta bring the Pie and Shine with!

Roger Schaeffer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Christmas Eve at My Sisters She always serves Homemade Soup and Snacks. I am bringing Mini Parmesan Biscuits from the Coffee Shop I work at. My Parents are having Christmas Saturday so tomorrow I am making myself Salisbury Steak, Steamed Rutabagas and Veggies

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You got it. Our new-found love of grilled skirt steak is all your fault anyway. :) Try it, you'll like it she says....
LOL! I'm so sorry...but not really. Not sure by you, but over here it's sold at a decent price, and it's yumyum! Plus, you can turn it into carne asada tacos for the day after.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL! I'm so sorry...but not really. Not sure by you, but over here it's sold at a decent price, and it's yumyum! Plus, you can turn it into carne asada tacos for the day after.
No, it's pretty expensive here, about $8 lb. and only Costco has it. I am glad I tried it though, it's sooo good. Leftovers? Haha! Between my son and the dogs there are no leftovers.
It's still cheaper than filet, which is what I usually get. Christmas is #2 son's B-day and he's always chosen filet for his dinner. Couldn't touch it this year at $15 a pound.:eek:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Glazed Duck
Roasted Ham
Green Beans with Onions
Mashed Potatoes with a Duck Sauce gravy
and Chocolate Silk Pie
and DIY- Sugar Cookie and Graham Cracker with a hint of Vanilla

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, it's pretty expensive here, about $8 lb. and only Costco has it. I am glad I tried it though, it's sooo good. Leftovers? Haha! Between my son and the dogs there are no leftovers.
It's still cheaper than filet, which is what I usually get. Christmas is #2 son's B-day and he's always chosen filet for his dinner. Couldn't touch it this year at $15 a pound.:eek:
Geez...that's crazy expensive!!!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

I have never had Skirt Steak. It is on my list to try but I understand you really need to know exactly how to cook it properly.

Two possible results.

Meal fit for a king.

Replacement sole for your boot.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Prime rib, baked russet potatoes, deviled eggs, biscuits, green salad, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie w/ fresh whipped cream. Hubby is cooking, yes!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Grilled cheese and tomatoe soup! Cannae wait, it is one of my favourites.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have never had Skirt Steak. It is on my list to try but I understand you really need to know exactly how to cook it properly.

Two possible results.

Meal fit for a king.

Replacement sole for your boot.
I didn't know how. I put it in a ziplock with my usual cheater marinade, a bottle of Italian dressing (not lite), and stick it in the fridge for 2 days. Take it out of the fridge to come to room temp before cooking and maybe 5-7 minutes on each side (it's medium-ish) on the grill. Let it rest for 15 minutes or so and slice thin. So yummy.
Rocket Puppy probably has a better way...maybe different spices too. What say you RP?

Everyone's meals sound wonderful! Even grilled cheese rocks. :)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats what we are having tonight!! Plus a wedge salad on the side. LOOOOOVE Rainy Day supper time!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Skirt steak is the muscle that is next to the stomach. Subsequently it is quite striated and worked almost constantly in ruminants. This leads to very tight musculature that tightens when heated...making it prone to being tough. @glassgrl's method works a treat....so does cooking it SLOWLY over low heat like one would do with any "high activity" muscle like the tail or the flanks. The outcome is worth it! We have a saying in the culinary industry: "Closer to the heart...more tender.....farther from the heart...more flavour".

D

Donald Bickers

nothing wrong with grilled cheese,,,,,with velveeta is really awesome

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I prefer flank steak, but sometimes skirt steak is what I can afford. I whisk together some soy, olive oil, vinegar, fresh lime juice, finely minced garlic (that sounds repetitive), salt/pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder and marinade for a few hours. Depending on the weather, I prefer to bbq it really quickly. Oh...don't forget the fresh cilantro, pico de gallo, and homemade tortillas!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I prefer flank steak, but sometimes skirt steak is what I can afford. I whisk together some soy, olive oil, vinegar, fresh lime juice, finely minced garlic (that sounds repetitive), salt/pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder and marinade for a few hours. Depending on the weather, I prefer to bbq it really quickly. Oh...don't forget the fresh cilantro, pico de gallo, and homemade tortillas!
You speak great wisdom ma'am.
EDITED DUE TO MILD EMBARRASSMENT

Last edited:

Bplus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Had homeade ravioli today that my aunt makes. Just caught myself eating leftovers out of the fridge like a savage.

Now sitting back with a mad elf and some peaches and cream juice.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ahhhhh man,that's some killer comfort food right there,especially this time of year.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I mistakenly referred to you as "sir". I'm an imbecile

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I just had an interesting twist.

The Mrs. was supposed to get a 5 lb prime rib.

I set it to marinate last night and thought it looked big.

Anyway, I took it out to warm it to room temp and apply the spices I am using for a rub, I decided to weigh the sucker.

8.4 lbs. Fortunately I could make adjustments to get it done in time.

And I see some really great sandwiches in my immediate future as well!

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, peas and carrots, hot rolls. We have pumpkin pie, rum cake, cup cakes and all kinds of candy when the main course settles a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors