Become a Patron!

Cigarette ritual

Hi all! Newbie vaper here. A friend of mine bought me a little Juno setup and I guess I like it fine. Here's my thing. I like the ritual of smoking. Light it, smoke it, put it out. Want another, repeat. Not just toke on the thing occasionally. Any suggestions? I also think this Juno rig might have too much nicotine for me. 36ml per pod. I dunno. I just don't wanna smoke dirty cigs anymore but I miss them. And I bought on of those Blu e-cigs and thought it was gross.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here is what I did: find a nic level that is good for you.

Vape as much as you like, just taking a couple of puffs at a time will not help you change the behaviors associated with smoking

Find a set up (whether ciga-like, pod sytstem, big boy mod and atomizer, whatever) and vape it as long as you would a cigarette.

Don't stop doing what you would normally do ritual-wise when smoking. IE, if you go outside to smoke, go outside to vape. When I was trying to quit with vaping, I kept a lighter handy and would give it couple of lights sometimes, because that lizard side of my brain loved that lighter, lol

Steve St

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From 1 newbie to another(last cigarette was 7/7/17) go to a vape shop and have a conversation with someone that is into vaping, stay away from the gas station e-cig. Let them know what part of the cigarette you like, what feeling, ect... There are so many styles of vape gear, mouth to lung, direct lung, and work your way through...also read up on different equipment as this is really a self education hobby(I replaced my habit for a hobby). As far as nic goes the vape shop should be able to help you depending on above or sub ohm. If the shop you go to doesn't seem excited or patient to help you walk out and find a new one....good luck and once you find the right set up it is worth the work.

Vape as much as you like, just taking a couple of puffs at a time will not help you change the behaviors associated with smoking

Find a set up (whether ciga-like, pod sytstem, big boy mod and atomizer, whatever) and vape it as long as you would a cigarette.

Don't stop doing what you would normally do ritual-wise when smoking. IE, if you go outside to smoke, go outside to vape. When I was trying to quit with vaping, I kept a lighter handy and would give it couple of lights sometimes, because that lizard side of my brain loved that lighter, lol
Thanks!

From 1 newbie to another(last cigarette was 7/7/17) go to a vape shop and have a conversation with someone that is into vaping, stay away from the gas station e-cig. Let them know what part of the cigarette you like, what feeling, ect... There are so many styles of vape gear, mouth to lung, direct lung, and work your way through...also read up on different equipment as this is really a self education hobby(I replaced my habit for a hobby). As far as nic goes the vape shop should be able to help you depending on above or sub ohm. If the shop you go to doesn't seem excited or patient to help you walk out and find a new one....good luck and once you find the right set up it is worth the work.
Good gosh! So much info! I had no idea! Thank you!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I switched to vaping after 40 years of smoking.. withoyt trying. First 6 months I did both side by side... heck I didn't even buy my first vaoe for the purpose of vaping EJUICE. ... but rather other plant extracts. Didn't work so good for that so I tried Ejuice....

Ling story short I went from 1 to 2 pack of Marlboro per day to Zero in 6 months.... Heck I figured out I had quit the smokes one day when the wife asked me to go buy her some... I notice I hadn't bought or smoked I at least 2 weeks prior. So I bought the wife s modes and none for me.. 2 years later I only buy smokes for her....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I did the going outside thing sometimes... especially when I got on the phone, and the cigarette fiend in my brain said "smoke now -- go outside -- smoke NOW!" But I had to get rid of the Bic in the truck, when I once nearly tried to light my eRoll (cigalike). :giggle:

As for "I don't want to smoke, but I miss them"... you have to decide, what do you really want? Because the BRAIN is the equivalent of a 3 yr old stamping its foot and demanding, it wants what it wants when it wants it -- only the MIND can defeat that. If you really don't want to smoke anymore, then just tell your brain to get stuffed and shut the fuck up and fucking deal with it. It might take a little while of transitioning; nothing says you have to drop cigarettes like a hot rock; that transitioning will allow your brain to get over itself, and realize that you can get the same satisfaction from vaping as you get from smoking, only without the stink, the cancer, and the wasting of megabucks on poison. If you give yourself permission to smoke when you REALLY REALLY need/want it, then you won't resent vaping, and gradually the REALLY REALLY WANTing will ease off. How long, that's up to you and your brain. ;)

There are no rules -- make up your own. Make a new ritual. The only thing stopping you is the 3 yr old in your brain.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh vaping has it's charming little rituals as well...cleaning up spilled or leaked juice. filling the tank rewicking, adjusting your coil, changing batteries....after a while you get as attached to these rituals as you did to the rituals around smoking.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I did the going outside thing sometimes... especially when I got on the phone, and the cigarette fiend in my brain said "smoke now -- go outside -- smoke NOW!" But I had to get rid of the Bic in the truck, when I once nearly tried to light my eRoll (cigalike).

Yeah, I almost toasted a few carto batteries that way, hahaha

After awhile, you will notice triggers that make you want smoke more than usual

One of mine was the phone - especially when my mother called

I'm new too, sorta. I tried vaping a year or two ago, but did it wrong and was scared away for a bit. First time I got 18mg juice and a crappy pen-style device. Apparently 18mg was way too high for me as I spent a whole day feeling like I was on the verge of a heart attack. The pen sucked. The tank leaked terribly and gurgled and wouldn't hit 8 times out of ten. I did buy some zero nic juice to dilute the 18 mg with, but between the bad experience and crappy device, I lost interest pretty quickly.
This year I've been having a hard time on cigarettes. Not getting any younger, constant coughing and shortness of breath. Tired of dealing with hateful comments from people, dropped ashes everywhere, financial burden, etc..., so I decided to give vaping another try since I have terrible willpower and have been intensely addicted to smoking for about 25 years, 1-2 packs/day. I'm just not one who can do cold-turkey.
So this time around I purchased a better setup. Aspire Zelos with the Nautilus 2 tank. I prefer mouth to lung style vaping, so I'm using the 1.6/1.8 ohm coils. Bought samples of 3mg juice to start, did ok with that, but needed more nicotine so got some 6mg samples, then moved on to 9mg which seems to be the right level for me for now. I'm taking my time, just trying to vape more at times I tend to smoke excessively, like in the morning, in the car, when I have a beer or am on the phone. So far I've cut my cigarette smoking almost in half. I can go on an errand and leave my cigs at home. Only bring the vape along. Already, I'm able to breathe more deeply. Once I'm off the cigs fully, I'll wean off the nicotine.
So you can do it, but my advice is to ease into it. It kinda just takes care of itself as you go along with the right device and nicotine level. Only get sample packs in the beginning so you can find the right flavors and nicotine level for you without wasting too much money.

VU Sponsors