Become a Patron!

Cigarette Sized Mod?

I really like the form factor of NJOY and MarkTen gas station ecigs but really, I love the custom flavors available for mod devices...

Has anyone at all made a mod device (I dont' care if it's cartomizer or atomizer or whatever, I can learn to use it...currently I have EVOD2 tank, atomizer and 600mAh batteries) and compatibility with my current set isn't an issue.

But like I said, I'd REALLY like to get a mod that's same size and feel of regular cig (preferrably automatic as well).

Do any exist? I only ever see from 'generic size' to ridiculously sized mods. Any help would be appreciated because I do not seem to possess enough google mojo to get any results close to what I"m looking for likely because I don't know a lot of terminology.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
from what ive heard mig cig is your best bet.. but i highly doubt anyone has fit the battery power a mod offers into a cigalike

I don't have a battery requirement really...even if it only carries as much power as gas station ecigs, I'm fine with that as I'd probably have 2 or 3 batteries I rotate through. But I'll check that out. Thanks. Any other suggestions appreciated.

I just looked at mig cig website and the mig21 looks close to what i want, but it's still too long...wish they made shorter tank or battery...haha...I'll keep looking...

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
If a EVOD2 and a 600mah ego is too big for you, the only real step down option really are the old school 510 batteries. They come in automatic as well. Keep in mind that the performance will drop off substantially for you and those tiny carts had leaking and wicking issues. This is about the size of a "100" with a 510 atty and cart fit in. Though I can't stress to you enough how much of a step down it is from what you currently have, which is already on the nowadays base entry level.

http://www.madvapes.com/180mah-510-battery-red-led.html
and pair that with http://www.madvapes.com/3-ml-18mg-7494.html and throw a little wick into these http://www.madvapes.com/single-empty-510-round-cartidges.html

Thats just about your smallest package you get and I really don't think you will be happy.

LIke I said, I don't require compatibility with what I've got. The girth is really the downer (along with weight, though I know there's only so light an ecig can get with current tech). Most of the ecig pieces (tanks, batteries, etc) seem to just look like weed paraphernalia. Although I do live in Cali where it's pretty much legal to have weed, I don't necessarily want to look like I'm smoking it everywhere. :) As well, just having something that feels like my old smokes would be nice too.

I just read someone has put in their own liquid into the MarkTen disposable cartridges. I'm going to see if I can found how they did that, because that would be cool to do since cartridges are fairly cheap and likely reusable a couple of times before the coil gets too gunked up.

Temple Noble

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started with 808's and bought empty cartomizers and filled them myself. If you want a cig a like I would look at the 808's. :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I just looked into my stealth bin.

I have a 320 mAh 510 stick that is just a wee bit longer and fatter than the usual 180 mAh 510 stick. Perhaps 1/2' longer.

If interested perhaps I can find where you can get them.

Also I suppose a question about the form factor I'm looking for...because it seems to be non-standard, do the experienced vape people think it's riskier to get them at non-standard size due to replacement/repair? That's something I was thinking about just now. I feel like no matter what, my current EVOD will have replacement parts/wicks/coils/etc until the 'next big thing'...

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
The Smoov 808 series is pretty good if you're looking for reliability and performance. The problem you'll run into is that most of the current gas station cigalikes use 36mg OR HIGHER to give you that good throat hit. I currently use 18mg in a normal tank, and would need at least 24-30 in the cigalike to get a similar "hit"

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
The Smoovs (and many other 808s) have a 5v regulated battery, which keeps the voltage at a constant 3.7v till the last puff. This is critical because the cheaper ones drop off and then you can't get a decent hit when the battery still has half a charge...

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have eRolls for when I have the urge for that form factor. They're about 93mm long and a tiny bit under 9mm wide. The battery in them is tiny - 90mAh - but the charge case they come with is 1000mAh. I use higher nic levels in them to reduce the amount of refilling and recharging. A tank holds about enough liquid for a charge, so carrying a needle tipped juice bottle or spare tanks is a must if you use it heavily. The heads can be kept alive by replacing the wick that goes up to the tank. The coils are great and last for ages. It has its downsides, as any small device does, such as the casing getting hot if you vape it hard, but all in all it's a treasured weapon in my anti-smoking arsenal.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.v2cigs.com/
My husband and I bout this set up when we first started vaping the EX blanks and batteries are sleek and you can fill them with any juice. Batteries can be automatic or manual. We have the automatic. These are what we used to quit tobacco. We have upgraded recently to the ego twist and aspire bdc etc s. Currently waiting for our next upgrade. Vamo v5 and aspire nautilus. Should be in the mail this week. We still use the v2's. Good luck.

I second the eRoll suggestion Hermit made. I have one and the only thing I would add is that it is an automatic battery. A user needs to be careful about e-liquid migrating down from the tank and atomizer portion into the battery portion. This can result in a battery that will no longer function properly. This is because the on/off switch is activated by taking a drag which creates differential air pressure that activates the switch. If e-liquid gets around this switch, it can cause it to malfunction. I had it happen to one battery. But if you are careful, don't overfill the tank and monitor things up top, this little 90 mah e-cig will perform like much larger e-cigs and definitely on par with the NJOY type disposables. The little charging case keeps it charged between uses and plugs into a powered usb port to charge itself. I would say if you smoked 5 cigarettes a day it might be all you need otherwise I would get a larger model with more capacity, ability to use rebuildable atomizers. Many people have the same reluctance to use something larger but it is something that if they give it a try for a few weeks, they adapt very quickly to the new form factor and something smaller becomes the "foreign object".

hobbes4

Member For 4 Years
I use an Ecab with the 510 adapter that's made for it and empty carts (1.7-2.0 ohm) i fill myself when i want something as discrete as possible. I've used AW and Efest 10440 IMR batteries with great results. I need about 4 batteries to get me through the day. This is the smallest cigalike setup i can find with user replaceable batteries. Oh, the Vision nano tank also works pretty good on the Ecab.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll third the eRoll suggestion. Little thing really packs a punch for it's size. Love it for form factor and stealth vaping. Only problem is everyone asks "Is that a blu?" :eek:

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The e roll is a good suggestion.
You can also find a 510, or 808 threaded manual battery that may suffice for you. Almost all of those "disposable" cartomizers are refillable to some extent. Just need to use a pick, or pen, or even a fork tine, to remove the plastic cap, most have an inner piece of plastic also, then add liquid to the carto filler material. Hope this was helpful.

VU Sponsors