Become a Patron!

cigreen Bigfoot button problems

barroomhero304

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a Bigfoot box mod yesterday and after 4 hours the the button doesn't work at all I can push it in but it seems like the spring is messed up

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you just bought it, I would recommend taking it back and exchanging it, it shouldn't break after 4 hours of use.

That being said, the issue shouldn't be too hard to figure out, seeing as how this mod is fully mechanical (no mosfets or wires). First, make sure the screw is making a proper connection to the positive of the 510 (the screw that holds the positive plate for the batteries in place). Then check the switch. It's fully mechanical, which means that the button itself has to make contact with the negative of the 510 (the whole mod itself is the negative). Make sure it has a solid connection.

PSA: Since the body of this mod acts as the negative, make sure nothing metal bridges between the mod and the atty (like keys in your pocket), as this can react much the same way the Cherry Bomber mods do (bridging the mod body and the atty can cause it to autofire).

You say the button doesn't work at all, what do you mean by that? You say you can push it in?
If it connects, it should fire the mod, even if the spring is broken, the only thing the spring is really doing is returning the button after you press it (think about mech mods with magnetic switches, it's the button that transfers current, not really the spring/magnets). Does the button return after being pressed?

Seeing as how this is a mechanical mod, you must also keep tabs on your batteries. As you use them, the performance will decrease accordingly, and a mechanical box doesn't have any battery safeties in place, so it won't prevent you from over-discharging. If you over discharge your batteries, that may lead to dead batteries, or worse, an internal short which can cause the cells to vent/explode in some cases. Always keep an eye on your batteries, and always charge them before they get too low.

So, in short, Check both your negative and positive contact point, make sure you have fully charged (and appropriately rated for your builds) batteries, and maybe make sure your build is fully secured (check your leads, and re-tighten them if necessary). I'm not really sure what else it could be, it's a pretty basic circuit in this particular setup.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any mechanical mod should be completely disassembled, cleaned and inspected before use. Especially Chinese mechs.

barroomhero304

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
its the spring in the mod it does fire the problem is it doesnt return after you let off the switch, is there anyway to disassemble the button to it

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know that these boxes are supposed to be fully disassemble-able...... so can you remove the switch from the box? is the switch itself capable of being disassembled?

If so, get yourself a new, stronger spring for the switch (if available to you) or you could try re-stretching the spring for the time being.

If not, you may need to replace the switch entirely, or get a new mod......... there really aren't that many options available unfortunately.

VU Sponsors