Become a Patron!

Cinnamon Churro? Anyone?

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
Hey, you good looking old Dog you.
Try this recipe out. I have NOT made this yet as I'm still awaiting vape-mail.
This is a work in progress. Make at your own risk.

CINNAMON CHURRO
3.5% Cinnamon Churo FW
1.5% Cinnamon Ceylon FA
1.0% Brown sugar TFA
0.5% Meringue FA
0.5% Bourbon Vanilla FA
th

Last edited:

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
Oh, Thanks man. I might try this out when I get my supplies in as well.
Funny how we order the same shit at the same time, Hunh? Weird.

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that's strange. If it wasn't for all the help we get on here we'd be fucked.
Can't keep people away; constantly forcing their suggestions and ideas and helping out and stuff.
Before you know it somebody else is going to post an idea here for you.
Geez! Don't they ever quit?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Johnny, I started with my snickerdoodles recipe and modified it a little. I'm vaping this and think it's pretty good churros.

Johnny8s' Churros
2% FA Vienna Cream OR Catalan Cream
1.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
1% FA Cookie
1% FA Meringue
1% FA Vanilla Classic or Vanilla Bourbon
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
.5% FA Caramel

I think it's like churros sprinkled with cinnamon and a mix of brown+white sugar. I never had them with brown sugar, but I like that flavor here.

Hey - after looking at actual churros recipes, it looks like that 2% Vienna/Catalan cream might be improved by using 1% Vienna/Catalan + 1% FA Custard for the eggs. I will absolutely try that sometime soon!

Last edited:

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
Johnny, I started with my snickerdoodles recipe and modified it a little. I'm vaping this and think it's pretty good churros.

Johnny8s' Churros
1.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
1% FA Cookie
1% FA Meringue
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
.5% FA Caramel

I think it's like churros sprinkled with cinnamon and a mix of brown+white sugar. I never had them with brown sugar, but I like that flavor here.

Hey - after looking at actual churros recipes, it looks like that 2% Vienna/Catalan cream might be improved by using 1% Vienna/Catalan + 1% FA Custard for the eggs. I will absolutely try that sometime soon!
I did a face palm yesterday after I read your notes on catalan cream and thought I should've had that on the previous order.
I'm going to have to wait till next time on that. Still waiting on the FW churro flavor and have read it tastes like churros just lacks the sweetness.
Putting in an order for a few FA's today.
Soon as I get my supplies I'll post my notes on my original recipe post. To me it looks like it may work. We'll see.
Thanks for stopping by my post @Smoky Blue and @HeadInClouds

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i do get a bourbon taste..
that is why they call it vanilla bourbon ;)

i even make my own vanilla bourbon..

1.5% fa whiskey
1% vanillin
.75% vanilla classic

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to double check:

Although vanilla extract is made up of at least 35% alcohol by volume, the “bourbon” in “Bourbon Vanilla” is not the name of the alcohol used to make it. Bourbon vanilla is the name for all vanilla grown in Madagascar and other islands in the Indian Ocean, including Comoros and Réunion. Réunion was formerly known as the Île Bourbon, and it is the name of that island that gave Bourbon Vanilla its name. Bourbon vanilla beans come from the orchid V. planifolia. Bourbon vanilla beans have a high vanillin content and a very strong, clear and creamy vanilla flavor that is instantly resognizable and a great addition to any recipe.

From here http://bakingbites.com/2012/06/what-is-bourbon-vanilla/

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Johnny8s' Churros
1.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
1% FA Cookie
1% FA Meringue
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
.5% FA Caramel

Churros are deep fried. Where's the lard in this recipe ? :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
will this make my dripper get all crunchy and will it get crumbs??

couldn't resist.. Jimi started it.. :p
try this out for a label once you make it ?? :D

johnnyschurrojuice.png

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
haha! Happy you like..

the funny is, i didnt know other than chocolate.. so will have to check into this too :)

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
I finally had a chance to tinker with this recipe...
3.5% Cinnamon Churo FW
1.5% Cinnamon Ceylon FA
1.0% Brown sugar TFA
1.0% Meringue FA
0.5% Bourbon Vanilla FA

Made this and used it at 8%
So far it's spot on Churro. Dripping on a .4ohm atty.
Glad I left out the "yellow cake FW".
I get a predominant dry bakery. Like a well done deep-fried churro and the secondary flavors are an equal amount of very light cinnamon and brown sugar. So it's meh. What I want is more cinnamon to equal the level of bakery. Leave the brown sugar at the level it is now
and add something to resemble a heavy sprinkling of sugar. Basically sweeter with more cinnamon.
So far I'm digging the flavor. I don't want to lose that slightly over-cooked flavor. Like a well done pastry. I like that about this so far. Needs more "Tinkering" to be "Oh, wow".

Last edited:

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years

Johnny8s' Churros
1.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
1% FA Cookie
1% FA Meringue
1% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
.5% FA Caramel

Ah Hah! I just noticed my tinkering is starting to look much like HIC's revised Snickerdoodle recipe. o_O

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I finally had a chance to tinker with this recipe...
3.5% Cinnamon Churo FW
1.5% Cinnamon Ceylon FA
1.0% Brown sugar TFA
1.0% Meringue FA
0.5% Bourbon Vanilla FA

Made this and used it at 8%
So far it's spot on Churro. Dripping on a .4ohm atty.
Glad I left out the "yellow cake FW".
I get a predominant dry bakery. Like a well done deep-fried churro and the secondary flavors are an equal amount of very light cinnamon and brown sugar. So it's meh. What I want is more cinnamon to equal the level of bakery. Leave the brown sugar at the level it is now
and add something to resemble a heavy sprinkling of sugar. Basically sweeter with more cinnamon.
So far I'm digging the flavor. I don't want to lose that slightly over-cooked flavor. Like a well done pastry. I like that about this so far. Needs more "Tinkering" to be "Oh, wow".

try adding some tfa cinnamon spice.. maybe .5% - .75%

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
try adding some tfa cinnamon spice.. maybe .5% - .75%
I made another 10ML batch with a revised recipe
This is pretty damn good so far. I have heard that FA cinnamon will become more pronounced as it steeps so I will
vape this 10 ML till it's gone and post the recipe I used.
That toasty fried pastry flavor is still there and is more evened out with the cinnamon as the predominant flavor on the inhale.
Not overly sweet at all. Possibly all day material. This smells awesome. This isn't going to last long.
Creamy exhale with lots of vanilla and caramel undertones on the exhale followed by a lingering pastry aroma.
Playing with the voltages doesn't seem to change the flavor profile much.
Will post back soon.

Last edited:

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
This is what I'm working with now at 8%.

3.5% Cinnamon Churo FW
2.5% Cinnamon Ceylon FA
1.0% Brown sugar TFA
1.0% Meringue FA
0.5% Bourbon Vanilla FA
0.5% caramel FA
0.5% Vanilla Classic FA

May post this as the final. Definitely will make a batch and let it steep a couple days to see
how the cinnamon profile changes.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
nice! :)

yeps, let things settle down for a bit and see..
the recipe looks good :)

Johnny8s

Member For 4 Years
Trying this one and not sure if this is it for me.
3.5% Cinnamon Churo FW
2.5% Cinnamon Churo FA
1.0% Cinnamon Churo TFA
1.0% Cinnamon Churo FA
0.5% Cinnamon Churo FA
0.5% Cinnamon Churo FA
0.5% Cinnamon Churo FA
Vaping this while eating a Cinnamon Churo with a hot cup of churro batter
and I'm getting predominantly churro-ish flavor on the inhale with a hint of batter
dried to my eyebrows. I carefully bottled everything I could together with a 50 gallon trash can
and stored it under the foundation of an abandoned building.
Going to let this one steep till after my next lifetime. :D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
roflmao.. you gona vape 9.5% mixed Cinnamon Churo and um talk fa into making Cinnamon Churo?? :p

*giggles :D

VU Sponsors