Become a Patron!

Cinnamon

Maybe it has been covered already but I will ask anyway. How do I make a good cinnamon juice that won't wreck my coils or strip the paint. It's my favorite flavor and my wife's too. If anyone could tell me ratios for a high vg red hot cinnamon juice and the ingredient suppliers that would be super awesome American fun time.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting on Flavorah's Red Cinnamon and Fire Cinnamon to hit the shelves. Meanwhile I'm vaping TW's GS Sweet Cinnamon that reminds me of those red wrapper candies. I mix that at roughly 1.2% :)

Those are flavor concentrates? I'm new to diy mixing, only really know rts. Could you drop some links on me and point me in the right direction. Typing is a bitch for me, my carpal tunnel has me using dictation it's so bad. Surgery is on sept 6th though. The wife is getting me new concentrates for me to mix for my recovery.

Darkalchemistvapors

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Cinnamon it's one of my favorite flavors. First of all, do you want cinnamon flavor or red hot cinnamon flavor (believe me, those are two different flavors). I am a Naturally Extracted e-juice manufacturer because I personally enjoy vaping natural flavors. Naturally Extracted Cinnamon e-juice is very easy to make. Since the FDA screwed us (vendors) and we can't introduce new flavors, if you want to I could teach you how to extract your flavoring out of real cinnamon. I think it could be more fun and therapeutic for you.

Cuppa noodz

Member For 4 Years
Do you find that when you extract your own, it's less harsh to vape? I've yet to find a bakery cinnamon flavoring that doesn't mess with my lungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This should be moved to the DIY section @Huckleberried or @Whiskey .

There are tow very different "cinnamon" flavorings. One is a red hot type, the other a baker's cinnamon. We need to know which you are after, before anyone can really say much about it.

I will caution you though. If a flavor can crack tanks, peel paint, etc. you should think about what it potentially can do to you lungs. Your lungs are a softer tissue than plastic or paint.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This should be moved to the DIY section @Huckleberried or @Whiskey .

There are tow very different "cinnamon" flavorings. One is a red hot type, the other a baker's cinnamon. We need to know which you are after, before anyone can really say much about it.

I will caution you though. If a flavor can crack tanks, peel paint, etc. you should think about what it potentially can do to you lungs. Your lungs are a softer tissue than plastic or paint.
Acetoin, diacetyl, and such are more concerns than whether the liquid has a chemical reaction with plastic. That chemical reaction is a reaction between two specific chemicals and have nothing to do with living tissue versus plastic. Here's a simple illustrative example...

Everyone is intimately familiar with the violent reaction provoked by mixing baking soda and vinegar. Yet, we put vinegar on salads, in pickled vegetables, and so on, and we consume baking soda in cookies, breads, and even as an antacid. None of these things harm us or provoke the same violent reaction. The Mentos and Cola is another example. We don't have projectile vomiting from swallowing a Mentos candy whole, nor if we drink a soda.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most Cinnamon flavors contain Cinnamaldhyde, which is the chemical that gives the Cinnamon taste/feel and is the one to also crack tanks.
I suppose that to get the taste of Cinnamon without the side effects, you will have to find one that emulates the taste without containing it (don't know of one)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamaldehyde?wprov=sfla1

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Before you freak out about cinnamaldehyde:
http://www.ecigarette-research.com/...07/2013/138-cinnamon-flavours-in-e-cigarettes
The study that was was exposed cells (cytotoxicity) directly to liquid form cinnamaldehyde. This type of "study" and "experiment" has no real world implications. In fact, the closest it can come to a real world implication is through ingestion, not inhalation. Further, the study claims that cinnamaldehyde is toxic at levels 400 times lower than approved for food product use. Long term ingestion of cinnamaldehyde/cinnamon exceeding this "toxic" level is actually beneficial to health. It's antimicrobial, increases glucose resistance in diabetics, helps to lower cholestoerol, and has anti-cancer properties.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Acetoin, diacetyl, and such are more concerns than whether the liquid has a chemical reaction with plastic. That chemical reaction is a reaction between two specific chemicals and have nothing to do with living tissue versus plastic. Here's a simple illustrative example...

Everyone is intimately familiar with the violent reaction provoked by mixing baking soda and vinegar. Yet, we put vinegar on salads, in pickled vegetables, and so on, and we consume baking soda in cookies, breads, and even as an antacid. None of these things harm us or provoke the same violent reaction. The Mentos and Cola is another example. We don't have projectile vomiting from swallowing a Mentos candy whole, nor if we drink a soda.

Hate to break it to you, but actual cinnamon can eat through your flesh, if it is concentrated enough.

If a cinnamon flavor is "hot" enough to give you the sensation of a burning mouth (and some hot cinnamons DO) it can cause damage to your flesh and tissues.

I do not need a scientific study to know that.

You can mix however you want, but my friendly warning stands to the OP.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It can not, will not, and does not "eat through flesh", at least not in normally available preparations. You'd have to concentrate your flavors down, not dilute them through mixing. What can it do? It can erode mucous linings, irritating internal organs (lungs/digestive tract). It does not, however, "eat through flesh". At normally vaped concentrations, it can be an irritant (which is why I don't use vapes high in cinnamon), but it won't "eat through" anything. One other caution for vapers is that if it is heated to decomposition (I'm not sure what this threshhold is), cinnamaldehyde releases CO and CO2.

Darkalchemistvapors

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I'm telling you, If you are concerned about cinnamon artificial flavoring then extract your own. And is you want your flavoring to taste like red hot cinnamon throw some chili flakes, the capsaicin released from them should do the trick. NOTE: This is all theoretical, I have extracted cinnamon but I have never vaped a chili extraction. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll try it and let you know.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It can not, will not, and does not "eat through flesh", at least not in normally available preparations. You'd have to concentrate your flavors down, not dilute them through mixing. What can it do? It can erode mucous linings, irritating internal organs (lungs/digestive tract). It does not, however, "eat through flesh". At normally vaped concentrations, it can be an irritant (which is why I don't use vapes high in cinnamon), but it won't "eat through" anything. One other caution for vapers is that if it is heated to decomposition (I'm not sure what this threshhold is), cinnamaldehyde releases CO and CO2.
Well, I don't give a flying fuck what you opine.

I used to chew on cinnamon toothpicks when I was a teen. Many of the guys I went to school with, liked cinnamon stuff too. I can assure you, without a doubt, cinnamon CAN eat your flesh. So believe what you want, I'm done arguing with you about it. You are talking out your ass, without practical experience.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Exactly ! I enjoy hot cinnamon at 1.5 ohm 3.7 volts. Mouth to lung. :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm telling you, If you are concerned about cinnamon artificial flavoring then extract your own. And is you want your flavoring to taste like red hot cinnamon throw some chili flakes, the capsaicin released from them should do the trick. NOTE: This is all theoretical, I have extracted cinnamon but I have never vaped a chili extraction. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll try it and let you know.
I've tried extracting real cinnamon. The plant matter just clogged up the coil. Then turned to smoking instead of vaping.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I don't give a flying fuck what you opine.

I used to chew on cinnamon toothpicks when I was a teen. Many of the guys I went to school with, liked cinnamon stuff too. I can assure you, without a doubt, cinnamon CAN eat your flesh. So believe what you want, I'm done arguing with you about it. You are talking out your ass, without practical experience.
Please look up chemical hazard data sheets before hurling accusations and using single anecdotal examples as proven scientific fact. If you're referring to the old vogue of dipping toothpicks in 100% pure cinnamon (or cassia) oil, you are referring to a concetration far higher than is available in commercial flavorings. There were instances of dental complication due to cinnamon toothpick chewing. This was due to the erosion of the mucous layer in the mouth. The mucous layer protects the flesh of the mouth and without it (dry mouth) you can gets sores and cankers. These ulcerations are not directly caused by cinnamon and can occur under many different circumstances that cause the erosion of the oral mucosa.

Darkalchemistvapors

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I've tried extracting real cinnamon. The plant matter just clogged up the coil. Then turned to smoking instead of vaping.

Is true that when you extract flavoring from plant matter some oils and debris get into the mixture and can cause "gunk" buildup. That cannot be completely avoided but it can be greatly controlled. Precisely with Cinnamon is very easy to control. What might have happened to you is that you made a heat extraction and your temperature was too high. One of the things that causes the gunk is that when doing a heat extraction the heat destroys the cellular wall of the plant matter leaking the contents of the cell into the liquid.

But since cinnamon is a bark (contrary to leaves used in other extractions) it's cellular walls are stronger. If you use cinnamon sticks just heat them enough (for about 20 min) to get them really hot in the medium (PG or VG) then let them cool by themselves. The cinnamon sticks release the flavor when cooling down, you will see the medium change color. Then strain the mixture and filter it trough coffee filters 4 times (I use specialized filters but those are expensive and not needed with cinnamon). Then put the mixture in the freezer for 48 hours (this will allow the debris to crystallize). Then filter it again. Once you have that, use it as flavoring (I never need to go over 30% and I really love strong flavors).

If you do that I'm sure that you can vape over 15 ml before even starting to see any gunk in your coils.

Never use powdered cinnamon because that will really clog your tank and never vape the pure extract.

I'm looking for the hot cinnamon like Big Red, I'm just looking for where to buy the best concentrate for making a high vg juice

Last edited:

VU Sponsors