Become a Patron!

clapton coil cloud build for series box mod?

MonsterClouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what do you guys think would be a good Clapton coil to put on a series box mod for cloud production? what guages, wraps, etc?

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like em pretty small (well, as far as series builds go, they're small.) You can up the resistance by using thinner wire to match the power to something a little more reasonably-sized.

As I type this, I'm vaping an 8-wrap, 2.5mm dual 40/27 kanthal clapton. It's a hot, hard-hitting flavor vape with decent cloud production for mid-airflow RDA's. It ohms out at ~.68. Something comparable with more common wire is an 8-wrap, 2mm dual 38/28. These really aren't the craziest series builds you can do... ...just the ones I keep coming back to. I just like them a lot because they give a good balance of everything and they are SPEEDY.

You could also do a 10-wrap, 3mm dual 40/24. Ohms out between .4 and .5. This is a pretty snappy and responsive chucker for large airflow devices such as the troll, twisted messes, or mutation x v4. If you're looking for some serious clouds with tons of flavor, then this build won't let you down.

I know that you've never made claptons before, so it may seem excessive and intimidating, but you may want to look into fused claptons, as well. Once you have the basic technique down, they're not much harder to perfect and the performance is next-level. @raymo2u can probably tell you more about those than I can, since that's more his bag. I personally don't use them for series very often, but they're worth doing for lots of people.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks Robot!

I believe the Fused Claptons are easier then Claptons to wrap, I have yet to have the core twist enough while wrapping a FC to break off at the drill, this happens everytime I try a normal clapton.
If you can buy some various wire, fishing swivels, grab a drill and something to hook the swivels down then you have all the needed equipment to make fused claptons.
Here's a video with easy instructions and in great quality on how to have them almost make themselves:

For a Series Build I suggest doing a Single Coil with 2 x 24g/34g-40g, with a 3mm ID, 7-9 Wraps.
It will have no ramp up time and provide some warm vapor and amazing flavor, it also will be able to run longer then most coils since the coil itself has great wicking/holding properties. Make sure you have your cotton loose in your coil, not too loose but with slight resistance when tugged on, this will make it so juice can flow easier to the coil, especially thicker VG liquids.

This should be similar to what you want for a Series Build Fused Clapton:
First Fused Clapton.jpg

mcrazzle54

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So just came across this thread. What I've been building for a couple of guys at the shop and they seem to like em and they continue to get em off me is 2 x28 g ka1 cores with 34g ka1 wrap id 3 mm 8-9 wraps should put it at .5 with a dual setup. I hope this helps good luck and build safe.

Qlippoth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For fc, I use 2x28gka1/36 or 38gn80 8 wraps 3mm id. Ohms out to .45

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dual 2.4mm or 3mm, 28g/38g or 28g/40g Fused claptons is what i usually build for series. Such an satisfying vape

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
7-8 wrap 2.4mm comes out around 0.4ohm in dual coils if u are using a Kanthal core.
Not sure about the resistance for SS or N80 cores i have to test it out for u if u like ?
I'm not that active on VU u can send me a message on Instagram @ Dutch0hms.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Robot!

I believe the Fused Claptons are easier then Claptons to wrap, I have yet to have the core twist enough while wrapping a FC to break off at the drill, this happens everytime I try a normal clapton.
If you can buy some various wire, fishing swivels, grab a drill and something to hook the swivels down then you have all the needed equipment to make fused claptons.
Here's a video with easy instructions and in great quality on how to have them almost make themselves:

For a Series Build I suggest doing a Single Coil with 2 x 24g/34g-40g, with a 3mm ID, 7-9 Wraps.
It will have no ramp up time and provide some warm vapor and amazing flavor, it also will be able to run longer then most coils since the coil itself has great wicking/holding properties. Make sure you have your cotton loose in your coil, not too loose but with slight resistance when tugged on, this will make it so juice can flow easier to the coil, especially thicker VG liquids.

This should be similar to what you want for a Series Build Fused Clapton:
View attachment 38811
Ray... What are your favorite fused Clapton dual coils for series mod in Ka1?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My favorite for a Series Mod with a normal deck is 30x2/36 Kanthal, If I'm on a Series Deck like on the Rafale X I'll use 26x2/34 SS.

For Series Mod's I like between .6 - .7 ohm builds

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you man. Very smooth. Got to play with it on steam engine a little. Would like to keep that smooth Vape but just a touch hotter. That's excellent.
Try using some 34/36g outer wire makes the vape a bit hotter :)

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want dual fused Clapton at approx .5 to .6

Im apprehensive about anything more than 5-6 wraps having a long ramp up time.

Or am I wrong?

I picked up 30g ka1 coil to do a 6-7 wrap 3mm id to get approx .55 ohms

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want dual fused Clapton at approx .5 to .6

Im apprehensive about anything more than 5-6 wraps having a long ramp up time.

Or am I wrong?

I picked up 30g ka1 coil to do a 6-7 wrap 3mm id to get approx .55 ohms
30x2/36 is my go to for series mods, you're fine

VU Sponsors