Become a Patron!

Clapton - combining different materials

Hi guys, I'm having trouble finding info about combining khantal with SS, or Nichrome, or any combination of these three. I understand that khantal takes longer to heat up, then nichrome heats faster and SS is fastest. If I'm not wrong when you combine them in a twist what you do is mostly average their heating times, but what happens when you clapton them? is there any difference between claptoning khantal cores with SS rather than doing it the other way around (SS cores with khantal clapton)? Any help on this would be much appreciated

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There's a lot more to this, to explain it, and it's a lot...so hang with me

Wire mass (how much metal is in a build) and resistance greatly affect how fast coils will heat up on a mechanical or unregulated mod, only

Are you using a regulated mod (variable voltage or variable wattage)? We can skip a lot of unnecessary talk if you are and move on to the pros and cons of alloy types and combinations

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a lot more to this, to explain it, and it's a lot...so hang with me

Wire mass (how much metal is in a build) and resistance greatly affect how fast coils will heat up on a mechanical or unregulated mod, only

Are you using a regulated mod (variable voltage or variable wattage)? We can skip a lot of unnecessary talk if you are and move on to the pros and cons of alloy types and combinations
Funny...im actually playing with a mixture of kanta1 and ss316 now...
2x26kant/36 with a 26 ss parrelel.
.12 i think it was
Not bad... I'm m running on a ds/dead rabbit
Little longer ramp than i like but i can deal with it
45ba0a02ef3090bf50a57d9d36f31aff.jpg
b851c1e16ffcafa5e3790e0edddb0890.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have both, regulated and mech. I try out the coils in the regulated (captain pd270) to see the actual value of the resistance and how much amps does it demand on the batteries. That's just as far as my knowledge of the matter goes, I try not to put coils in the mechs that are near or over the max amps for the sony vtc5a that I use.

VU Sponsors