Become a Patron!

Clapton wire what's size???

Kman

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, well I have been vaping a few years and stumbled across a kinda mech mod coil even though I use regulated, it's a parallel 6 wrap 27 gauge 3mm inner diameter and .3 ohms and I vape at 44 watts in a dual 18650 mod,so I was hoping you could tell me what a good small Clapton wire to order would be ,I mean what size I really dont wanna go over 70 watts,I have tried bigger coils ,slow ramp time ,my mod gets hot , I just stick with small coils ,3 ohms,like I ordered this Clapton size along time ago 24g 2 32ga it's just to big of wire ,any help please and thank you!!!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, well I have been vaping a few years and stumbled across a kinda mech mod coil even though I use regulated, it's a parallel 6 wrap 27 gauge 3mm inner diameter and .3 ohms and I vape at 44 watts in a dual 18650 mod,so I was hoping you could tell me what a good small Clapton wire to order would be ,I mean what size I really dont wanna go over 70 watts,I have tried bigger coils ,slow ramp time ,my mod gets hot , I just stick with small coils ,3 ohms,like I ordered this Clapton size along time ago 24g 2 32ga it's just to big of wire ,any help please and thank you!!!!
upload_2019-1-29_14-19-54.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What are you putting it in?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean if your parallel coil is working for you, why are you looking for a clapton? You won't get .3 out of that clapton wire most likely with a similar build. Are you looking to run a lower ohm build? I like me some fused claptons, they are easy to make and build with. Right now i'm using a dual coild 2 26g core x 36g SS316L fused clapton build in my dead rabbit and getting right around .15 ohms. Vape it at like 75w and it is perfect for me, but it is a juice guzzler. I just ordered the Intake RDA to go single coil. To get the same .15ohm build on a fused clapton I'm going to have to do a 3 core 26g x 36g 3mm 5 wrap coil.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I like the sound your fused Clapton you make man!!! ,what's the dif,between .30 and .15 say you where vaping a dual 18650 mod and I am using a rabbit too,I want to order the drop dead ,though,I have just been using that parellel build for like 4 years and kinda wanted to try a Clapton out ,I made a few in the beginning, but where just to big ,I found a guy on here that sells them for 3 bucks a set and they are .27 ohms ,so i thought I'd give them a try ,hey ofcourse your fused claptons are probably 3mm inner diamiter prolly right??? Thanks for reaching out,

Kman

Member For 1 Year
I like the sound your fused Clapton you make man!!! ,what's the dif,between .30 and .15 say you where vaping a dual 18650 mod and I am using a rabbit too,I want to order the drop dead ,though,I have just been using that parellel build for like 4 years and kinda wanted to try a Clapton out ,I made a few in the beginning, but where just to big ,I found a guy on here that sells them for 3 bucks a set and they are .27 ohms ,so i thought I'd give them a try ,hey ofcourse your fused claptons are probably 3mm inner diamiter prolly right??? Thanks for reaching out,
And my dead rabbit sucks up the juice too,

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the difference really between .3 and .15 ohms on a regulated mod like you are using is merely the amount of wattage you will want to use to heat up your coil. On a mechanical mod this can make a gigantic difference, but the only thing you really need to worry about is determining the wattage you like to vape at given the resistance of your coil. At .15 ohms with the ss316L fused clapton I vape at like 70-80w on my dead rabbit.

Kman

Member For 1 Year
So the difference really between .3 and .15 ohms on a regulated mod like you are using is merely the amount of wattage you will want to use to heat up your coil. On a mechanical mod this can make a gigantic difference, but the only thing you really need to worry about is determining the wattage you like to vape at given the resistance of your coil. At .15 ohms with the ss316L fused clapton I vape at like 70-80w on my dead rabbit.
I wonder if that's better because I can only vape like half way down on my battery life then I lose flavor well the volts say 3.7 kinda wierd,maybe it's just the mod ,I baught a snownwolf xfang I think ,yah because the last mod I had a month and dropped it and it was done for ,so I grabbed something a little heavy,but I am aiming for the agies legend of course if I was made of money I would get something like a Therion , but I am a family man,no problem there,peace bro!

Kman

Member For 1 Year

VU Sponsors