claptoncoil is like a spring

lennart121

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
heey everyone,

i am building clapton coils for a little while now,

i have a little problem with them,
when i wrap them they open ap when i let them go.

so i dont get to wraps i want, i need to wrap them on a smal one , to get to right size.

is there a way to make them les lika a spring so they wrap more easely

keep vaping:D

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Don't let go of it, hold it in place on the screwdriver (or whatever you're using to wrap it) and install it in the atomizer. Once you have the screws tightened down you can pull the slack out of the coil, loosen the terminal screws a bit and move the coil into place. Once you dry fire it the coil will lose its springiness and behave properly haha. Or you could use a torch lighter to heat up the wire before you wrap it, I don't torch my wire but it works for a lot of people. Good luck!

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

lennart121

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't let go of it, hold it in place on the screwdriver (or whatever you're using to wrap it) and install it in the atomizer. Once you have the screws tightened down you can pull the slack out of the coil, loosen the terminal screws a bit and move the coil into place. Once you dry fire it the coil will lose its springiness and behave properly haha. Or you could use a torch lighter to heat up the wire before you wrap it, I don't torch my wire but it works for a lot of people. Good luck!

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

okey i am gonna give it a try i waited to wrap my new wire for some info.
i hear somethings about torching it but i dont have one so that is not a option, i was thinking about heating it up above my stove but i dint know if it would work so i dint do it XD

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think its much easier to learn to hold it all in place and mount the coil, but a lot of people torch it. You just have to get the hang of it, it'll take a few tries i'm sure.
If you're mounting dual coils i would recommend mounting one, and then dry firing it until it glows even, then remove it and do the second coil. When you have the second coil mounted and glowing even you can put the first coil back in without any trouble.
The process is a little annoying, but they're good basic skills for any vaper to have :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first started building and using pre-made Clapton Wire I'd torch it. Then when I started to spin my own I just buy annealed wire.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lennart121

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started building and using pre-made Clapton Wire I'd torch it. Then when I started to spin my own I just buy annealed wire.

What is annealed wire never heard of it before ?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the wiki artik, i am realy gonna try it, seems better to work with.
It does, I used a Butane torch to heat up the wire to red, not white hot then let it cool to room temperature.

VU Sponsors