Become a Patron!

Claptons worth it in an RTA?

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a dual coil Clapton build in my Griffin and I'm just curious if anyone else notices a marked difference in flavor with Claptons vs standard round wire builds in and RTA.

I'm not convinced it's worth it over a simpler round wire build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Clapton (and twisted) wire and use it in most of my RTA's. But, I recently built my Alleria with regular wire and really couldn't tell much of a difference.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto, with no difference in flavor....SS single or twisted with rayon seems to take the cake for flavor.

Reactions: MMW

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just swapped out my Claptons for some 316L 24g coils. No difference at all.

Edit: it actually cut down on the ramp up time.

Indeed, even single SS coils are better than boutique coils. Instant heat, fast cooling.

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am running spaced 2mm 26g ss316L coils in my UD Simba and some fused claptons i recently made in my Griffin. the fused claptons are way better than the regular clapton coils i pulled out which were right on par flavor wise with the SS coils in my Simba but i might be bias since it was the first set of fused claptons i've ever wrapped so i think they are extra awesome no matter what.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've got a dual coil Clapton build in my Griffin and I'm just curious if anyone else notices a marked difference in flavor with Claptons vs standard round wire builds in and RTA.

I'm not convinced it's worth it over a simpler round wire build.

There is a difference for me. But claptons are going to have a slower ramp up. This is mitigated a little by using small gauge wrap (40g) or using tc with the watts up pretty high. But for me, a 28x2/40 316L fused clapton beats the pants off normal wire any day. But there are still some rtas that benefit from just using normal round wire.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As others are saying, Fused claptons, very worthwhile, normal claptons (and especially those with lower gauge wraps) are not worthwhile IMO.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2.5mm id 10 wrap spaced 26g ss coils in my Alleria and it is INSANE flavour and vapour production. Ohms out at .27Ω. I have 26/32 3.0mm id 6 or 7 wraps (I forget exactly. I'm tired LOL) ohms out at .45Ω in my Griffin. Also great flavour and vapour production. I think that depending on the size of the coil and of course how many wraps will play a factor as well. I enjoy claptons myself and as eager to try making an ss clapton. I will eventually try making an ss fused clapton. I believe that all coils have a purpose, even simple single coils. That's the beauty of vaping. There is no right or wrong, it's all subjective to your preference and vaping style.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Claptons you get better flavor by far and then Fused Claptons really makes the flavor come out. Since I learned how to spin up Fused Claptons that's 99% of all I use. I've went so far as putting 34x2/40 Fused Claptons in my SquapeRS. But for Tanks like my Goblin Mini I just use a standard 30/36 Clapton.

Most of the pre-made wire you see is wrapped with 32g, => 34g is much better, I usually stick with 36g or 38g for my wrapping wire. Heats up and cools down faster also.

But in a nutshell yes, Claptons make a big difference.

VU Sponsors