1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Cleaning Car Windows?

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by ghost62, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ghost62

ghost62 Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Figure it's worth a shot to see if someone has come up with something I haven't thought of...
    Basically, the problem is having to clean my interior car windows twice a day. I drive A LOT (several hours a day now) and have to clean the vapor residue of my windows constantly.
    Aside from driving with my windows down, running the fan full blast, switching to straight PG liquid or quitting altogether, does anyone have any good ideas on how to either clean them easier or, better yet, keep them from clouding up in the first place?
    Yeah, I know, long shot...
    o_O

Fishee likes this.
  2. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    I tried some RainX anti-fog liquid that you apply after the windows are clean but it left am oily sheen... oncoming headlights looked like fireworks! :cool: Cool to see but hard to drive.

Huckleberried and Fishee like this.
  3. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    Fishee likes this.
  4. Fishee

Fishee Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've been struggling with the same thing. Seems like now that the weather is colder it clouds up the windshield worse.
    Then again that may be that I keep the windows down more often in the warmer months too.
    Windex works for a short time and I've even had to pull over at gas stations a few times and just use the squeegees on the inside rather than the out side. lmao.
    But I have been thinking the anti-fog stuff might be a good way to go. It's worth a shot any way.

cherrycakes likes this.
  5. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    Hi ghost62,
    Long time no see.
    Hope things are well for you brother.

6. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    Hahaha! I can just picture that!

Fishee likes this.
  7. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    Some things better, some things worse so it kinda evens out in the long run...
    I've been around but lurking in the shadows a lot. Still posting over on the 'Light' thread.
    Anyway, good to see ya, bro!

Fishee likes this.
  8. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    I'm sure when other people see me start using it on the inside of my car they ar thinking what the hell is with this guy.
    I don't even use it on the outside. Just pull into the station, grab it and go for the inside then split.
    Good chance I've made a few folks scratch their heads:D

gin gin, cherrycakes, Oggy and 2 others like this.
  9. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    Good to see you too.
    I'll swing by the light thread and say hi.

ghost62 likes this.
  10. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the visual. I needed a good laugh!:D:D:D

Fishee likes this.
  11. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    There is a "As Seen On TV" window washing thing that works quite well. I has a reusable and washable pad on a swivel at the end of a short handle. I just spritz the glass with some water and use the thing. It does a great job.

ghost62, MKPM and Fishee like this.
  12. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking about trying some vinegar and water.
    Give the windshield a good douching and see if that helps.o_O
    I know the vinegar works to keep the regular condensation away. Maybe it will with the VG condensation too.

cherrycakes and ghost62 like this.
  13. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Boyfriend's parents have one of those and love it. Pretty handy.

I keep a microfiber in my car,, works pretty well, especially if the window is damp. When it's cold enough outside, it'll even freeze the inside of the windshield. I only have this much trouble with it this time of year.

cherrycakes and Fishee like this.
  14. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    It's that one of those triangle-headed things? If so, I think I have one knocking around inside my wife's van

15. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Yep it is and it works pretty damn well.

ghost62 likes this.
  16. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    I'm actually really relieved to see that I'm not the only one that is having this problem.
    I actually thought that I might have a leaky heater core. And the residue was coming from that.
    But the other night I drove for about 50 miles without vaping (that sucked) and my windshield did stay clean.

ghost62 likes this.
  17. Whiskey

Whiskey Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Armoral (sp?)came out with auto glass window wipes no spraying or paper towels just use these to wipe off the window and thats it, I like them for almost anything!!

[​IMG]

18. Zamazam

Zamazam Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have wipes in a generic type can from Costco. They work well.

gakudzu, Huckleberried and Whiskey like this.
  19. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    I know this sounds crazy, but I'm actually thinking about installing a switch that reverses the polarity of my heater fan...
    Turn my car into a vaper's version of a smokeless ashtray
    :D

20. nodor

nodor Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    When I was a smoker my wife would complain when she used my car that she couldn't see out the windows. Wash those things would you. I always said yes dear they really do need it i'll do that on the weekend. Usually forgot for another month. Now being a high wattage vaper I have learned that at -25 C. when you blow a cloud at the windshield the VG condenses instantly on the window and takes the solid form of a cloud ! I have a 2 hour drive to work and I crack the window 1/2 inch and blow it out. Still have to washem 2 or 3 times a week. Worst part is now the wife gets in the car blows it right on the windshield and I really wanna say something but don't. You know what they say. Happy wife Happy Life !!!

21. krazy.chic

krazy.chic Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I finally see someone else is thinking like me. If you crack your window just a tiny amount, and then direct your clouds in that direction... The biggest part will go out. This is what I've been doing, and there isn't hardly any buildup at all. Even after a few months, my windshield is still pretty decent. Less than 1/4 inch crack is all you need, and directing it towards the crack... Most will suck right out the window.

cherrycakes likes this.
  22. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    Other than the smell being funny I think I like the vinegar and water the best out of all that I have tried.

Gonna keep a small spray bottle of it in my car for the rest of the winter months unless someone comes upnwith something better.

I now drive a pickle mobile ;)

23. ghost62

Blog Posts:
    Fishy...
    Vinegar and water...

Hmmm....

24. Fishee

Blog Posts:
    lmao!

Actually surprised how well it worked :cool:

Smoky Blue and ghost62 like this.
  25. Lighty269

Lighty269 Guest

Blog Posts:
    Invisible Glass and wand from Wally World. Works great!

Edited, not Invisible Shield.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
    Mowgli likes this.
  26. DougB

DougB Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Griots glass cleaner. The best.

27. KillaB3E

KillaB3E Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I was just about to post the same question. I just cleaned my windows yesterday evening. They were crystal clear this morning, but a 15 minute drive to school and another 15 minutes of vaping on the way back and I could hardly see anything, especially @ night.

I'll stop by wallyworld and pick up some of those Armor All wipes or Invisible Wipes.

Fishee likes this.
  28. hazozita

hazozita Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Same problem here. I use a microfiber towel regularly and use Sprayway glass cleaner once in a while. I get it at Sam's Club.

What car manufacturers need to do is bring back the little triangular window on the driver's side so you can vent vapor easily.

29. bluegrasslover

bluegrasslover

Blog Posts:
    Yes on the Invisible Glass. I keep that and one of those triangle wands in my car at all times.

Mowgli likes this.
  30. Juice_Spiller

Juice_Spiller Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just bought a new car, and after about a week, I noticed my windshield and driver front window were getting really foggy from the inside. I never thought that it was from vaping until reading this post .. Mind.. blown.
    I have been constantly using napkins and windex to clear it, and I have been just thinking that its from something the dealership used to clean the interior when I got the car. lol

gakudzu likes this.
  31. m.w.baughman

m.w.baughman Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Crack the back window more than the front window and it will make a draft and take it right out the back

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

gakudzu likes this.
  32. VapingN252

VapingN252 Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Windex didn't work for me. Usually smears it more. I heard about the Mr clean magic erasers working good, so I'm trying that next.

33. zaroba

zaroba Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I just use plain dry household paper towels. They absorb the vg from the windshield.
    I spend 12+ hours a day vaping in my semi and it's the easiest thing I have found to remove vg buildup.

Prevention is a piece of cake though.
    Open the the drivers side window a crack to get fresh air in, and a passenger side window to create a cross breeze.
    Turn on the windshield vents, even on low, the air blowing over the windshield prevents the vaper from coming in contact with the windshield, unless you purposely blow it directly on the windshield anyway.

Ryedan, gakudzu and Jimi D like this.
  34. CgS_Drone

CgS_Drone Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I buy the 3 can pack of foam window cleaner at costco and keep a roll of paper towels in the car, about the best way I have found so far.

35. Lost

Lost Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've also tried anti-fog. Not recommended.
    The reason most window cleaners don't work well is the added garbage they put in. Leaves streaks. The following "recipe" is easy to remember because it's a 1:2:3 ratio.

Homemade Window Cleaner
    1 1/2 cups water (12 ounces)
    1 cup white vinegar (8 ounces)
    1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (4 ounces)

Remember to switch out paper towels while you're cleaning. If not, you'll just be reapplying the removed VG/PG residue onto another part of the car.

kimber and Huckleberried like this.
  36. VapnCloudz

VapnCloudz Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My wife thinks I don't clean the car because everytime she gets into it, the damn windows are foggy. I told her its the vape. I also thought I was the only one with this problem. I use a nice microfiber towel and just wipe my windows 4x a day now.

37. TF Vaping

TF Vaping Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I would almost say shy of alcohol windshield washer fluid would be best, just put it in a spray bottle and knock it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

38. BenJammin

BenJammin Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    As was partially mentioned above... simply crack your drivers side window about a quarter of an inch, the fan doesn't need to be on high but obviously high works better, make sure you don't have the recirculate option on (it needs to pull outside air in), and it works best if the fan is pointed at your feet, but can get away with fan being on as long as vents aren't pointed right at the crack in the window... I only clean my windows once or twice a year... Oh, also, a sun roof cracked works as well!

This creates a vacuum that you can feel on from the outside if your fan is on high... I was standing next to my drivers door one day talking to someone and was like damn that's a nice breeze lol

39. VapinJay55

VapinJay55

Blog Posts:
    After trying everything you can think off...in the midwest winters Armour all window wipes followed by a micro fiber. Takes a few seconds and works awesome!!

40. SailCat

SailCat Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to VU, @VapinJay55! You missed all the other threads about cleaning car windows, though, buddy! :)

41. Luapo418

Luapo418

Blog Posts:
    I use hand sanitizer for my windshield. I fold a paper towel in half then squeeze a good amount on the towel and rub it all over. You want to really get it on there then wipe away. I do this once a week it worse very well. I was told hand sanitizer really cuts in to the vg. My other windows are tinted so I am still looking for a technique to clean those with out alcohol. Maybe just a dry paper towel for a previous post I read here. When I vape I do not use the windshield vent that to me seems like it makes it much worse.

42. aspr

aspr Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Use the defroster to heat up the windshield, that will help loosing the streaks

Screw You.
    I'm From Texas.

43. kim leith

kim leith Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:

I use a set up like this. Sort of like a "swiffer" floor cleaning thing but smaller and oval shape.
    Vinegar and water mix with a splash of rubbing alcohol works for me. Also "elbow grease"
    Damn vaping "down sides"

44. Tramp18wheels

Tramp18wheels

Blog Posts:
    Clorox heavy duty wet wipes are excellent for getting vape residue off glass. Just wipe the glass with the Clorox wet towel and dry it with a clean paper towel. No scrubbing, no muss, no fuss, and no streaks left on windows. Works perfectly every time.

45. aholloway1982

aholloway1982 Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I'm really liking the rainx glass wipes right now. Keep a thing of them in my back floorboard.

46. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Normally, Windex works fine for me, but had gone far too long between cleanings that would need multiple tries with Windex. Found a recipe online that worked wonderfully! Roughly 80% alcohol, 20% witch hazel. Squeaky clean.

47. Syphious

Syphious

Blog Posts:
    Nice to see a writeup on this, Ive been vaping for near two years now and have never had a problem vaping im my car until my roommate didnt crack the rear seats driver window on a trip one day, Probably gonna try some of these methods and the Mr Clean magic eraser seems like the best and quickest thing but well see

48. bondo

bondo Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Best method so far,Magic eraser and Windex (Invisible Glass/non ammonia based glass cleaner for tinted windows) followed by a rub down with micro fiber and polished with a dry terry cloth towel.
    I'ts a good bit of work but still a far cry from the scrubbing we had to do for ciggy tar.

49. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Y'all make things too complex.
    6004.jpg

Rossum, Ryedan and Huckleberried like this.
  50. Mowgli

Mowgli Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Drivers side window open an inch or two, turn on heater, blow vape towards window, goes right out.
    Invisible Glass a few times per year with the triangle on a stick as previously mentioned.

The windows in the den & connected dining room get a thorough wipe down every few weeks though.
    Invisible Glass and a couple of folded vapor towels on the house windows.