Become a Patron!

Cleaning Car Windows?

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figure it's worth a shot to see if someone has come up with something I haven't thought of...
Basically, the problem is having to clean my interior car windows twice a day. I drive A LOT (several hours a day now) and have to clean the vapor residue of my windows constantly.
Aside from driving with my windows down, running the fan full blast, switching to straight PG liquid or quitting altogether, does anyone have any good ideas on how to either clean them easier or, better yet, keep them from clouding up in the first place?
Yeah, I know, long shot...
o_O

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried some RainX anti-fog liquid that you apply after the windows are clean but it left am oily sheen... oncoming headlights looked like fireworks! :cool: Cool to see but hard to drive.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been struggling with the same thing. Seems like now that the weather is colder it clouds up the windshield worse.
Then again that may be that I keep the windows down more often in the warmer months too.
Windex works for a short time and I've even had to pull over at gas stations a few times and just use the squeegees on the inside rather than the out side. lmao.
But I have been thinking the anti-fog stuff might be a good way to go. It's worth a shot any way.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi ghost62,
Long time no see.
Hope things are well for you brother.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi ghost62,
Long time no see.
Hope things are well for you brother.
Some things better, some things worse so it kinda evens out in the long run...
I've been around but lurking in the shadows a lot. Still posting over on the 'Light' thread.
Anyway, good to see ya, bro!

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some things better, some things worse so it kinda evens out in the long run...
I've been around but lurking in the shadows a lot. Still posting over on the 'Light' thread.
Anyway, good to see ya, bro!
Good to see you too.
I'll swing by the light thread and say hi.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure when other people see me start using it on the inside of my car they ar thinking what the hell is with this guy.
I don't even use it on the outside. Just pull into the station, grab it and go for the inside then split.
Good chance I've made a few folks scratch their heads:D
Thanks for the visual. I needed a good laugh!:D:D:D

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
There is a "As Seen On TV" window washing thing that works quite well. I has a reusable and washable pad on a swivel at the end of a short handle. I just spritz the glass with some water and use the thing. It does a great job.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking about trying some vinegar and water.
Give the windshield a good douching and see if that helps.o_O
I know the vinegar works to keep the regular condensation away. Maybe it will with the VG condensation too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There is a "As Seen On TV" window washing thing that works quite well. I has a reusable and washable pad on a swivel at the end of a short handle. I just spritz the glass with some water and use the thing. It does a great job.
Boyfriend's parents have one of those and love it. Pretty handy.

I keep a microfiber in my car,, works pretty well, especially if the window is damp. When it's cold enough outside, it'll even freeze the inside of the windshield. I only have this much trouble with it this time of year.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's that one of those triangle-headed things? If so, I think I have one knocking around inside my wife's van

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's that one of those triangle-headed things? If so, I think I have one knocking around inside my wife's van

Yep it is and it works pretty damn well.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm actually really relieved to see that I'm not the only one that is having this problem.
I actually thought that I might have a leaky heater core. And the residue was coming from that.
But the other night I drove for about 50 miles without vaping (that sucked) and my windshield did stay clean.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Armoral (sp?)came out with auto glass window wipes no spraying or paper towels just use these to wipe off the window and thats it, I like them for almost anything!!

51sSVcVJWGL_AA160__zpsa51d8bf4.jpg

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I was a smoker my wife would complain when she used my car that she couldn't see out the windows. Wash those things would you. I always said yes dear they really do need it i'll do that on the weekend. Usually forgot for another month. Now being a high wattage vaper I have learned that at -25 C. when you blow a cloud at the windshield the VG condenses instantly on the window and takes the solid form of a cloud ! I have a 2 hour drive to work and I crack the window 1/2 inch and blow it out. Still have to washem 2 or 3 times a week. Worst part is now the wife gets in the car blows it right on the windshield and I really wanna say something but don't. You know what they say. Happy wife Happy Life !!!

krazy.chic

Member For 4 Years
Yes, I finally see someone else is thinking like me. If you crack your window just a tiny amount, and then direct your clouds in that direction... The biggest part will go out. This is what I've been doing, and there isn't hardly any buildup at all. Even after a few months, my windshield is still pretty decent. Less than 1/4 inch crack is all you need, and directing it towards the crack... Most will suck right out the window.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Other than the smell being funny I think I like the vinegar and water the best out of all that I have tried.

Gonna keep a small spray bottle of it in my car for the rest of the winter months unless someone comes upnwith something better.

I now drive a pickle mobile ;)

L

Lighty269

Invisible Glass and wand from Wally World. Works great!

Edited, not Invisible Shield.

Last edited by a moderator:

DougB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Griots glass cleaner. The best.

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figure it's worth a shot to see if someone has come up with something I haven't thought of...
Basically, the problem is having to clean my interior car windows twice a day. I drive A LOT (several hours a day now) and have to clean the vapor residue of my windows constantly.
Aside from driving with my windows down, running the fan full blast, switching to straight PG liquid or quitting altogether, does anyone have any good ideas on how to either clean them easier or, better yet, keep them from clouding up in the first place?
o_O

I was just about to post the same question. I just cleaned my windows yesterday evening. They were crystal clear this morning, but a 15 minute drive to school and another 15 minutes of vaping on the way back and I could hardly see anything, especially @ night.

I'll stop by wallyworld and pick up some of those Armor All wipes or Invisible Wipes.

hazozita

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same problem here. I use a microfiber towel regularly and use Sprayway glass cleaner once in a while. I get it at Sam's Club.

What car manufacturers need to do is bring back the little triangular window on the driver's side so you can vent vapor easily.

Juice_Spiller

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just bought a new car, and after about a week, I noticed my windshield and driver front window were getting really foggy from the inside. I never thought that it was from vaping until reading this post .. Mind.. blown.
I have been constantly using napkins and windex to clear it, and I have been just thinking that its from something the dealership used to clean the interior when I got the car. lol

m.w.baughman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I finally see someone else is thinking like me. If you crack your window just a tiny amount, and then direct your clouds in that direction... The biggest part will go out. This is what I've been doing, and there isn't hardly any buildup at all. Even after a few months, my windshield is still pretty decent. Less than 1/4 inch crack is all you need, and directing it towards the crack... Most will suck right out the window.
Crack the back window more than the front window and it will make a draft and take it right out the back

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Windex didn't work for me. Usually smears it more. I heard about the Mr clean magic erasers working good, so I'm trying that next.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just use plain dry household paper towels. They absorb the vg from the windshield.
I spend 12+ hours a day vaping in my semi and it's the easiest thing I have found to remove vg buildup.

Prevention is a piece of cake though.
Open the the drivers side window a crack to get fresh air in, and a passenger side window to create a cross breeze.
Turn on the windshield vents, even on low, the air blowing over the windshield prevents the vaper from coming in contact with the windshield, unless you purposely blow it directly on the windshield anyway.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I buy the 3 can pack of foam window cleaner at costco and keep a roll of paper towels in the car, about the best way I have found so far.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've also tried anti-fog. Not recommended.
The reason most window cleaners don't work well is the added garbage they put in. Leaves streaks. The following "recipe" is easy to remember because it's a 1:2:3 ratio.

Homemade Window Cleaner
1 1/2 cups water (12 ounces)
1 cup white vinegar (8 ounces)
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol (4 ounces)

Remember to switch out paper towels while you're cleaning. If not, you'll just be reapplying the removed VG/PG residue onto another part of the car.

VapnCloudz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife thinks I don't clean the car because everytime she gets into it, the damn windows are foggy. I told her its the vape. I also thought I was the only one with this problem. I use a nice microfiber towel and just wipe my windows 4x a day now.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would almost say shy of alcohol windshield washer fluid would be best, just put it in a spray bottle and knock it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As was partially mentioned above... simply crack your drivers side window about a quarter of an inch, the fan doesn't need to be on high but obviously high works better, make sure you don't have the recirculate option on (it needs to pull outside air in), and it works best if the fan is pointed at your feet, but can get away with fan being on as long as vents aren't pointed right at the crack in the window... I only clean my windows once or twice a year... Oh, also, a sun roof cracked works as well!

This creates a vacuum that you can feel on from the outside if your fan is on high... I was standing next to my drivers door one day talking to someone and was like damn that's a nice breeze lol

After trying everything you can think off...in the midwest winters Armour all window wipes followed by a micro fiber. Takes a few seconds and works awesome!!

I use hand sanitizer for my windshield. I fold a paper towel in half then squeeze a good amount on the towel and rub it all over. You want to really get it on there then wipe away. I do this once a week it worse very well. I was told hand sanitizer really cuts in to the vg. My other windows are tinted so I am still looking for a technique to clean those with out alcohol. Maybe just a dry paper towel for a previous post I read here. When I vape I do not use the windshield vent that to me seems like it makes it much worse.

aspr

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Use the defroster to heat up the windshield, that will help loosing the streaks

Screw You.
I'm From Texas.

kim leith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I use a set up like this. Sort of like a "swiffer" floor cleaning thing but smaller and oval shape.
Vinegar and water mix with a splash of rubbing alcohol works for me. Also "elbow grease"
Damn vaping "down sides"

o_O
Clorox heavy duty wet wipes are excellent for getting vape residue off glass. Just wipe the glass with the Clorox wet towel and dry it with a clean paper towel. No scrubbing, no muss, no fuss, and no streaks left on windows. Works perfectly every time.

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really liking the rainx glass wipes right now. Keep a thing of them in my back floorboard.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Normally, Windex works fine for me, but had gone far too long between cleanings that would need multiple tries with Windex. Found a recipe online that worked wonderfully! Roughly 80% alcohol, 20% witch hazel. Squeaky clean.

Nice to see a writeup on this, Ive been vaping for near two years now and have never had a problem vaping im my car until my roommate didnt crack the rear seats driver window on a trip one day, Probably gonna try some of these methods and the Mr Clean magic eraser seems like the best and quickest thing but well see

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Best method so far,Magic eraser and Windex (Invisible Glass/non ammonia based glass cleaner for tinted windows) followed by a rub down with micro fiber and polished with a dry terry cloth towel.
I'ts a good bit of work but still a far cry from the scrubbing we had to do for ciggy tar.

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Drivers side window open an inch or two, turn on heater, blow vape towards window, goes right out.
Invisible Glass a few times per year with the triangle on a stick as previously mentioned.

The windows in the den & connected dining room get a thorough wipe down every few weeks though.
Invisible Glass and a couple of folded vapor towels on the house windows.

VU Sponsors