Become a Patron!

Cleaning coil heads

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
I’m tired of constantly spending almost $10 a piece on replacement coil heads that keep burning up on me. How can I properly clean my coil heads so I can reuse them for a little while longer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
As said above, investing 10-20$ on an rta/rda some cotton and a 5$ spool of wire could* last you a year or so, and the flavor blows factory coils heads away.

May sound intimidating, but honestly if you can tie your own shoe laces you can rebuild an atty, lots of tutorials on YouTube.

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
OMG! $10 fer a throwaway coil? LOL, I paid $2 for my newest FULL KIT which accepts the Joyetech CLR rewickable rebiuldable coils. Bought 40 of the coils @ $2.50 per 5 pack, I'll never have to buy another. But then my rigs are just simple nicotine delivery devices, as vaping was intended. Guess it gets expensive if yer focus is on creating yer own weather system.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And there is no way to clean a burned coil because the cotton is burnt. Now some rebuild factory coils but to me it isn't worth the time.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If you haven't burned the wick...rinse with warm water and drop in a shot glass of alcohol (coil upside down) for a couple hours, let dry. You can't fix burned wick.

Vape-kid04660

Member For 2 Years
Well being that I don’t have any way to buy parts online I’m stuck with my vape shop who is ridiculously expensive. For replacement parts. It’s for my TFV8 baby beast tank.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Well being that I don’t have any way to buy parts online I’m stuck with my vape shop who is ridiculously expensive. For replacement parts. It’s for my TFV8 baby beast tank.

Rotate and clean coils every 3-4 days. Vape clear juices with less sweetener.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My experience with smok coils is some last a few days and some last a few weeks but they all taste like machine oil. Can you get an RBA for the tank?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If the cotton is burnt, nothing you can do short of replacing the cotton. Otherwise, I clean my heads by rinsing thoroughly in hot water... letting soak in hot water for a few hours... then setting out to dry for a few days. If you have a flavor you can't get out, soak it in vinegar for a day, then rinse thoroughly in hot water and let dry for a few days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never had a problem with Smok Baby Beast coils tasting like machine oil and get an average of 5,000 puffs out of my coils (X4). Make sure you purchase Authentic Coils and you should not have a problem. Cracks me up seeing people comment on Smok Products when they post so often how they will never buy them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cracks me up seeing people comment on Smok Products when they post so often how they will never buy them.

Never had any real issue with any Smok product/s, here. The only issue I did have with Evod style tanks is that of personal preference. I don't prefer to build or re-build micro coil/s. It can be done but I would rather not. So, I don't use that style of atomizer any more. That's not critique of any brand but as I said personal preference.

VU Sponsors