Become a Patron!

Cleaning coils between juice swaps

vulcandeathbuny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, im new to vaping so it may sound stupid but what exactly do you do to clean the coils. Is it ok to rinse them?

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will want to take out the cotton first and get that juice soaked up, and after you get that done, you just pulse the button on your mod. I am guessing you have an rda. So it will put off some vapor at this point, and if there was cotton stuck in the coils it will burn them. So blow out any tiny flames. You will wanna make sure there is no rust or anything built up, and that is basically it. You burn it to clean it. Also try not to go to sleep with your wick wet. Vape off most of the juice before sleep. Hope that helps ya out. You gotta replace those coils in a few weeks for best flavor too.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the flavors of a new juice and old juice....except when they are polar opposites...

like when i go from a 'menthol chicken and waffles' to 'snozberries'...is a bit strange but really opens the air ways ...

B5F8BBB0-C579-407A-B4A1-C656424697AD-23692-000001F53AD70BCF_zpsjzgyqj1e.jpg

vulcandeathbuny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using factory coils on a subtank. Havent got to the point of building my own yet.

Sent from my LG-L40G using Tapatalk

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love the flavors of a new juice and old juice....except when they are polar opposites...

like when i go from a 'menthol chicken and waffles' to 'snozberries'...is a bit strange but really opens the air ways ...

B5F8BBB0-C579-407A-B4A1-C656424697AD-23692-000001F53AD70BCF_zpsjzgyqj1e.jpg
Me too man, and lately i have been experimenting with mixing flavors some really nice ones came from this.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Using factory coils on a subtank. Havent got to the point of building my own yet.

I am not familiar with subtank coils, but i have heard you can soak them in vodka, but must make sure they are totally dry before you use them again.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Install the deck and coil.without the tank, run it at a low wattage while blowing into it to keep the temp down. Let most of the juice on the wick vape off, fill the tank, reinstall and puff away. The flavor shouldn't carry over for more than a few puffs.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ok, im new to vaping so it may sound stupid but what exactly do you do to clean the coils. Is it ok to rinse them?
If you are using stock coils... The easiest way to clean them is to let them soak over night in a high proof clear liquor like Everclear. If that is not an option... give them a good soak in a cup/bowl of hot water - shaking it periodically. Remove after about 12-24 hours and let it dry thoroughly.

Also... you CANNOT dry burn cotton coils.

vulcandeathbuny

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
K. Thanks alcohol is not an option as i will be at work most of the time. So warm water is seeming like my best optio. Once again thank yall as im very new to this. Everyone on here is extremely helpful

Zovers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always found that the easiest thing to do is buy a bottle of peppermint e-juice. Peppermint is a pallet cleanser and very strong; as such it will cover whatever the previous juice in the tank was. Vape through one tank of peppermint and then you'll be good to start on a new flavor, no cleaning required. Granted, the new flavor will taste a little minty for the next day or so...

VU Sponsors