Become a Patron!

Cleaning coils with bleach water

Aaronhami924

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if this has been done or if this is even a good idea. But I figured I try it. Then wash with water and let dry.

This is about 8 coils soaking in bleach water, yuck

fd70e5ad0044ba6fc524b3e0f98e8b62.jpg

Aaronhami924

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thinking about also trying a sonic cleaner.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I assume you are cleaning clearo coils? Personally I don't like the idea and they are cheap enough that I wouldn't. If you are cleaning coils you built, I don't see the point. I would just rebuild. But for mine, I can get the gunk off with a clean burn, a rinse and another burn.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Not sure if this has been done or if this is even a good idea. But I figured I try it. Then wash with water and let dry.

This is about 8 coils soaking in bleach water, yuck

fd70e5ad0044ba6fc524b3e0f98e8b62.jpg

ummm... I would never ever do that..
do you add bleach water to your orange juice, or cigs, steak topping??

that is adding more compounded chemicals into your set up.. not even talking about your lungs..
how are you even sure you get all the "bleach water" back out of your coils?

what do you think high heat and rinsed off coils that have been soaking in bleach will make?

mmm I see so many wrongs with this.. please be careful.. i'd like to see you stick around and keep posting here. :)

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some how my brain tells me to clean something with bleach that may have some residue remaining to inhale into the lings is not a good idea, I don't care how well you clean it after a bleach soak, but that's just me.

Joshua McCord

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
No maybe about it, bleach always leaves a residue. On a non-porous surface like a stainless steel countertop it's OK, the residue is minimal. But it's prohibited for use on dishes and glasses in the food service industry for this reason, and should never be used for cleaning coils or attys.

Aaronhami924

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so not a good idea. Some of my coils like my Atlantis coils, I can't dry burn to clean, the material burns. So maybe a sonic cleaner? I dry burn my Delta C3 coils and Nautilus coils with no issue but cant with the Atlantis. And with the price of the Atlantis coils, I'd like to use them as long as possible.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so not a good idea. Some of my coils like my Atlantis coils, I can't dry burn to clean, the material burns. So maybe a sonic cleaner? I dry burn my Delta C3 coils and Nautilus coils with no issue but cant with the Atlantis. And with the price of the Atlantis coils, I'd like to use them as long as possible.

psst.. i found this vid somewhere around here.. how to rewick your atlantis..

i have one coming and I am rewicking it before i vape out of it.. will use this tut..

small pic tut..

http://imgur.com/a/useB8

this should make your coils last longer.. doesnt look too hard to recoil it either..

please be safe!!

Aaronhami924

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont have time to do that. Tried my own coils, I suck at it. I need to keep the originals as long as possible.

Aaronhami924

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, thanks. I'll stick to just doing that with these coils.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
if you all watch the vid.. that ceramic wicking isnt too good for vaping on..
and it comes standard in each head/coil.

VU Sponsors